A Mordian march to glory

duz_

As promised some progress

Starting on the leadbelcher on the Mordians. I'm getting really excited how they're turning out now!

(although I saw some painted armies from the Flying Moneky over the weekend which made me question when I'm even bothering :ermm:)

gallery_87434_11578_5403.jpg

I had a fun 1500pt game against a friend on the weekend who was back in town. We played the CA18 mission where 3 characters scored points for being alive and a bonus point if one of them scored the single objective. My Mordians vs his custard creams and IG. It was brutal on both sides and we called it a draw at T3 because it was late. Was a lot of fun!

Highlights include walking up the field with Yarrick surrounded by Bullgryns and having them face off vs Straken and Sly.

Lowlights Yarrick failing the charge and being chopped down by Allarus terminators the next turn and Sly and Straken running away from the Bullgryns after the slew 2 squads of catachans.

gallery_87434_11578_165607.jpg

So I shot those Crusaders with their specialty metallic and didn't even thin it as its super thin already. If you were doing large areas maybe some flow improver to stop the tip clogging up.

https://acrylicosvallejo.com/en/producto/hobby/metal-color-en/chrome-77707/

I've used their metallic black before no problems either that did require the usual thinning

https://acrylicosvallejo.com/en/producto/hobby/model-air-en/black-metallic-71073/

Washing with gloss done!

The wash / gloss combo was to dark so I just got it with straight gloss

Next up some black highlights not sure if I will layer or highlight the metals though? Thoughts?

Not sure if you can see the gloss effect on the pic I've started to really like using the gloss for patent black leathers

gallery_87434_11578_157963.jpg

Thanks all

Few quick updates started highlighting the blacks with Dark Reaper per the GW paint app for clean black.

Unfortunately between the blue on the model and the nulin gloss you can't see it all that well.

I might try some Administratum Grey to see if there's more contrast.

As for the silver I think I've decided against it for now as it's bright enough as is with the gloss wash.

Having said that this and any other hobby project is likely going on ice for the next couple of months as I move states to start a new job. If I'm back at it by early September I'll be pleased.

Edited by duz_

• 2 weeks later...

In the middle of moving and selling the house so not too much time to hobby

I did finish working at my job yesterday and had sometime to spare so started working on my Anvil Astropath

Still trying to practice with my blending... Apparently I need lots more practice :ermm:

Might have helped if I started with a different purple and instead of layering with Genestealer just used it as a highlight

Ohwell doesn't look terrible for a 25pt model...

gallery_87434_11578_230431.jpg

Well I probably should be doing packing at this point with just over a week until the trucks show up and I've done 0...

However had some time today to get my Tempestor to 3 colour minimum and test out the new scheme. Happy with how it turned out.

Used Dark reaper for the inside of the cost and beret

Eshin grey for the straps and a Vallejo bronze for the trim. The silver is ironbreaker with the fancy pieces on the jacket vallejo metallic chrome

I still need to go back and highlight and layer the reds but will get me across the line for now

This of course means I know have to repaint all my scions :huh:

gallery_87434_11578_2204.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well my Mordians took a pummelling this weekend (more details to come)

However the mighty Leman Russ proved its worth each game. (Particularly the new and improved D6 shot Demolisher)

As such an immediate request has been made to THE Administatum for additional LBRTs

(ie I'm building the 2 standard ones I've had sitting boxes for the last year or more)

The progress so far

gallery_87434_11578_75469.jpg

Once the main Hull is complete magnets will follow :tu:

Due to the heavy losses sustained by the current army structure a new structure will also follow ;)