A Mordian march to glory

duz_

Well I think you have your own answer from before:

I'm slowly feel the urge to go back and paint some Mordians

:lol:

Well funny you should quote me on that. I do have a single Mordian from that batch sitting on my desk for some reason... So I was contemplating just finishing him off to get an idea how much longer each one will take.

So maybe I will do that :P

Thx all

Well I did pick up that lone Mordian sitting on my table this evening to see how long it would take to finish. Turns out about 30-40 mins. That's not to bad assuming the rest are in a similar state of completeness.

Mostly happy except for the skin. Struggling to find a pale skin tone than isn't to peach or blue. I found the GW apps recommendation after the fact and would probably have attempted something similar if I could locate my flayed on flesh. I found it after packing up <_<

I will try this tone next

gallery_87434_11578_180979.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_34918.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_189638.jpg

Edited by duz_

YAY Mordians!

Looks great!

I’ve long ago accepted that my painting skill level means my troops will either look like intern-drawn comic book characters or drag-queens with lasguns when it comes to painting skin and facial features. The good news is that 1 in every 10 I produce actually looks pretty good, so at a distance they look like humans with faces.

More tournaments need to run an “impressive at 10ft especially if you don’t look too hard” painting and modelling award, I would have a lock on the field.

Edited by MedicMike0708

Hi my name is duz_ and I have a problem

I had been saving for one of the larger Ikea display shelves for my hobby area. However they sold out as soon as they came back in stock and now on back order.

So I did a thing instead:

Screenshot_20210313-083948_Chrome.jpg

I went in FW to see if there was anything that was in stock that tickled my fancy. Apparently FW NA just got restocked because there was a bunch of stuff.

I'd been toying around the idea for a while. So I pulled the trigger. Now with the 2nd Baneblade I have in a box I can run a super heavy detachment which might not be a bad thing. :lol:

Edited by duz_

Well they say the road to recovery starts with admitting there’s a problem!!

My wife bought me one of these for Christmas! I’m hoping to build and paint it soon.

It’s definitely the best looking of the Macharius Heavy Tanks. I think it’s the length of the cannon!

It’s rules are pretty good too. Also at 345pts fully loaded it’s easy to fit into lists.

Let me know how easy it is to build (if I don’t get mine done before)

We shall have a race to the bottom to see who procrastinates least and builds it first :lol:

Well see what the FW dispatch time is...

The new rules were definitely what sealed the deal the cannons do look good. I really like the heavy tank too but mere dual battle cannons without double tap are underwhelming.

• 3 weeks later...

It's here! Took a while to ship then got lost then had to calm UPS and GW but it finally made it! So did its commander ;)

So beautiful! Currently having a bath so I can start assembly!

gallery_87434_11578_95017.jpg

Oh and finally got a 2nd layer on my tbolt!

gallery_87434_11578_357168.jpg

Having learnt from my mini planes that pure Vallejo metals on this can be a bit much I add a hint of blue grey to the mix. One of our fellow frater in the AI subforum mentioned that pure metal planes look ok in real life because the blue sky tones down the reflection. We don't have this on the TT and adding the blue seems to have helped. Much better than just applying a blue glaze which I also attempted

Edited by duz_

• 1 month later...

Not a lot of IG progress lately

My motivation for them is suffering given the current state of them in 9th and not actually playing any games

I have some time off at the end of the month I might attempt to build my Macharius though :D

Meanwhile some of my other hobby related work has been kitting out my game room with a display shelf! Took 3 months of waiting and missing out several times before I finally went and lined up at Ikea before opening to get one <_<

It was worth it though (I looked for alternates that whole time and the Milsbo is still the best bang for your buck if you're looking to upgrade from a Deltof). I added some lights which really make a difference too.

gallery_87434_11578_124686.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_52277.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_62174.jpg

Now for my next room project:

gallery_87434_11578_86894.jpg

The portrait ones will be easy since I have a bunch of post cards from the BL celebration set. The landscape ones might be trickier...

• 1 month later...

Things have been quiet on the guard front of late. I have been very slowly working on another 40k project but I don't have a wip for it yet.

However I did just do this, this evening

Its not the Macharius but they're awesome sculpts despite being a bit pricey

gallery_87434_11578_663476.jpg

The new DKOK models announced today also looked great. Although I like my Mordians and I don't think they're going anywhere a box of the DKOK for display could be an option. If they do plastic death riders then I'm definitely getting some though!

Yes the Milsbo looks great but you definitely want to add the lighting for the extra pop. Took 3 months of waiting it kept selling out. The day I got it I waited for the store to open and by the end of the day when I checked online it was sold out again. They had just been restocked with 13!

I don't have any cadians to compare with. They are dfinitely larger than my Mordians. They're also just as tall as the new sisters and they're base is slightly higher and the GGs are more imposing than they are in part armour. They also come up to the top of a Primaris Lt shoulder pad.

So definitely a good chunk of scale creep in there. They come on 28mm bases too.