Lost in the Eye - NiceGuyAdi's Raven Guard

NiceGuyAdi

How on earth did I take from July until February to get a single squad done? Well I know, but it's a long story so I'll abbreviate it to "life". However the Tartaros are done, and I'm happy with them, so there's that. C&C always welcome, though:

19Sqd_5_Finished.jpg?raw=1

• 4 years later...

Oops. Not sure how I managed to go four and a half years without updating my Raven Guard. However these guys aren't forgotten.

I've painted up some more Tacticals/Devastators (my headcanon is that they have to pull Devastator brothers into ad hoc Tactical Squads because of losses).

DSCF0008.jpg

I try hard not to go back over miniatures I've completed before. I paint slowly enough as it is. But I had to deal with a couple of things...

I was never in love with the basing on my Chaplain. So when he broke off it, I redid that instead of fixing him back on the old one. I prefer it, but think it's a bit bland now. Might need some embellishment. You can never go wrong with skulls on a base, right?

231110_chaplain_rebased.jpg

Another thing I changed was my first bunch of shotgun Scouts. They had Chaos Marine heads, which I liked for the aggression, but preferred the look of my sniper Scouts with Tempestus Scions heads. So I switched those up to match better.

DSCF0252.jpg

And finally I finished my Captain/Lieutenant/Veteran Sergeant. I converted him from the old metal Emperor's Champion, and gave him magnetised options for jump pack/power pack and with/without storm shield.

I started this guy exactly 5 years ago and restarted him at least twice. But I'm reasonably happy with him now.

DSCF0018.jpg

2 hours ago, NiceGuyAdi said:

Might need some embellishment. You can never go wrong with skulls on a base, right?

If you're looking for options, the usual suspects are skulls, tufts, razorwire, discarded fuel can, etc :smile: 

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

• 5 months later...

I've added in a Rhino/Razorback. I did this just before GW took Assault Marines and Sniper Scouts out of the datasheets for 10th edition. So Unfortunately that leaves my Raven Guard, the Chapter that got me back into the hobby, in a bit of limbo.

I'll be focussing on my Primaris home-brew chapter for a little bit I reckon, to try and get an army together before they get written out of history (no guarantee at the rate I paint). But I'm sure I'll be back on to the boys in black before too long...

DSCF1721.jpg

DSCF1722.jpg

DSCF1725.jpg

34 minutes ago, NiceGuyAdi said:

I've added in a Rhino/Razorback. I did this just before GW took Assault Marines and Sniper Scouts out of the datasheets for 10th edition.

Take the snipers, stick them on 40mm bases and call them Eliminators. Assault Marines can work just fine as Jump Assault Intercessors if you get rid of some of the wargear like Eviscerators (or just ignore them since only the Sergeant can take any wargear options anyway).