Today my GKs...

marvmoogy

added 5 strikes to the force (based,washed,highlighted).

I've got an idea to try 90'ish of them on the table (6 10 man strikes/3purg) with a librarian for support. Go CAD for obsec and camp on objectives vanilla style >:)

Most likely something shiny will distract me though, so we'll see:)

Last night I finished an Objective Counter, the quad gun for my Aegis Line, primed Stern (metal thank the Emperor) and my new Interceptor Justicar (metal Bro Champ with a Interceptor pack and a halberd).

Also cleaned up some of the parts for my Plasma Obliterator. :-P

Any picture to see?

I've been meaning to start a thread. Most of my stuff is fully painted, and I'm only painting Grey Knight stuff I don't usually use, or conversions that are replacing other models.

The bulk of my painting lately is for my Skitarii allies.

Today, my GKs won a game against Imperial Guard. A quick 750 point battle at my flgs. I took an ML2 Libby with storm bolter, 2x 5-man terminator squads, both with psycannons and 1 hammer, then one squad with 4halberds and one with 4 falchions. I also took a dread knight with teleporter hammer incinerator and psycannon.

They were playing against a load of bullgryns and a commissar, 2 Taurox with 5 scions in each.

I alpha struck, dropping one squad of termies and the DK with the 2nd squad turning up turn 2. Without going through a turn-by-turn, it was a comprehensive GK win, killing everything for the cost of 1 termies squad and 1 wound on the DK. Highlight of the game was the termie squad of martyrs being charged by the bullgryns, killing them all then dying to a hail of Gatling fire from the Taurox before the DK dished out his own form of retribution.

Linbreaker, First blood and slay the warlord were mine as well holding 2 of the 3 objectives.

'Twas a good game!

• 2 weeks later...

Today my GK's got some shiny undercoats for 10 Strikes and a Rhino and a Razorback. My list featuring them can be found in the army list section, as well as my latest toughts for the upcoming tournament.

Note to self. Spray painting in +1 Celsius on top of a melting snow might not be good for the models. So far looks alright though, we'll see once the paint dries.

Wasn't today, but this past week I finished my first librarian and also a vindicare assassin to ally along with my grey Knights! I also began building a storm Raven to ferry my Knights across the battle field! My small force of grey Knights is slowly growing! Hoping to start painting my squad of Paladins also!

Yesterday, my Grey Knights received the last of their planned reinforcements....a Forgeworld Land Raider.

When this is built and painted, my GKs will be sitting at circa 3500 points. Not bad when I started the army in November!

I will post a thread in the hall of honour when its all done and dusted.

Today my GK and me had our first tournament experience. 1 win 2 losses. I won my first one versus Khorne Daemonkin, and this was my first time playing against anything Daemon related so it was kind of hard for me to take advantage of GK anti-Daemon special rules because I simply did not remember them at first. I just played objectives and tried to shoot the most threatening stuff and avoid killing his Warlord Herald which to my understanding would've summoned a Bloodthirster. First loss was against a Tau player who just shot me off the table one unit per turn and denied  Gate 2 turns in a row. I feel there wasn't much to do there overall. Second loss was my final game, again against Khorne Daemonkin and it was a close call, coming down to scatter and eventual mishap of Draigo and his allied Centurions. Almost 500 points down the drain. I lost by 3 points which my opponent scored at the end of the game from Crusader scenario objective. Oh boy I dominated that game before that sad mishap, having learned how the opposing army works in my first game of the day.

Highlight of the Day I think would be a humble Strike Squad with attached Librarian holding out against Khorne Herald and his Possessed friends for a few turns and my Purifiers Cleansing Flaming a Tetra, 5-6 Fire warriors and 2 hp off of Devilfish on one go.

Overall a nice experience and I learned a lot. 

Just to keep you guys entertained, there was one another GK player besides me. His Librarian was a true mind-bullet hero and Psychic Shrieked a Flyrant warlord to death on first turn. Just epic.

• 1 month later...

Well yesterday with my GKs I had a practice game for the midwest conquest GT

I went up against my mates BAs

It was an interesting mission pack and my dual NDK w lib and 5man GKTs did well with their double knight and assassin support

The new librarius powers are great

Off course the one turn where my lib didn't get it off my GKTs had left cover and were slammed in the face with multiple melta and plasma shots which had dropped out of a storm raven obliterating them

350 odd points vaporized and their only contribution being grabbing 1 objective turn 2

I'm seriously considering using strike squads then GKTs in future because they're less of a point sink

Overall a good game

Well yesterday with my GKs I had a practice game for the midwest conquest GT

I went up against my mates BAs

It was an interesting mission pack and my dual NDK w lib and 5man GKTs did well with their double knight and assassin support

The new librarius powers are great

Off course the one turn where my lib didn't get it off my GKTs had left cover and were slammed in the face with multiple melta and plasma shots which had dropped out of a storm raven obliterating them

350 odd points vaporized and their only contribution being grabbing 1 objective turn 2

I'm seriously considering using strike squads then GKTs in future because they're less of a point sink

Overall a good game

You'll probably be disappointed by Strike squads too. They're really squishy.

yes but half the price!

The less I have to pay in tax for my NDKs the better

And that way I dont feel so bad for leaving them in the back field with some psycannons or psilencers and providing fire support ;)

Today, my DV Terminator Librarian conversion got a fresh coat of black undercoat.....and is looking to head up my 5 strong strike squad and 5 man purifier squad as allies to the emperors first legion *cough* i mean Dark Angels chapter... *no legions here move along*

i had originally decided to get a small box of PAGK to run a 200 point kill team with, but after getting a 10man squad, im thinking...hmmm nice addition to a bigger force.

got a game coming up at 1250points, going to run said GK force along with a ravenwing strike force.

GK libby (ml3) + liber...blah blah blah.

5x strike (1xham, 1xinc, 3x halb)

5x purifier (1xham, 1xinc, 3x halb)

DA libby (ml2) + SMB

RW bike squad (6) (2x melta)

RW Typhoon

RW Typhoon

RW Nephilim jet fighter

should be interesting.

Today in my GKs I finally finished painting my half complete NDK and both NDK weapon loads out aswell as basing the models I will be taking to my next tournament

gallery_87434_11952_96148.jpg

gallery_87434_11952_119119.jpg

gallery_87434_11952_73325.jpg

gallery_87434_11952_287682.jpg

gallery_87434_11952_130974.jpg

Waiting for the glue to dry so I can model the mist a bit more

Went against Eldar. He had a farseer 20 or so spiders, guardians and 2 wraithknights.

I had a lvl3 libby, 5 pallies, 5 termies, 10 Interceptors, a dreadknight, draigo and an Inquisitor.

My libby used librarius and got reroll saves, null zone lite and some useless beam.

Long story short, i used to think 2++ draigo was tough. Reroll save draigo & pallies are crazy. They took out both wraithknights for the loss of 1 pally. The dk did ok chopped down a unit of spiders before being killed by rending fire (how rediculous is it that almost everything the eldar have is rending?).

I ended up with draigo, the inquisitor, libby and 1 pally left. He had a unit of spiders, a wave serpent and some guardian artillery. I won 15-13, but felt like it should have been more. Stupid eldar. ;)

And even with reroll saves, my pallies still need a 5+/5+ most of the time.

Question though, does it let you reroll fnp? We played it as no, as fnp is a 5+ to recover a wound (which is why its ok to use on perils).

Nah, FnP isn't a 'Save'.  No reroll for it! ;)

Oh and forgot to say: Awesome fog effect above!!

(I'd always wanted  - but lack the skillz lol - to model my Interceptors with some sort of field around them.  I saw a couple of examples a while ago, using broken xmas decorations IIRC)

Archived