Today my GKs...

marvmoogy

Played eldar. He took the jetbike base formation with a farseer, 3 units of warp spiders in another formation, 3 flyer formation and a wraithknight.

I took draigo, an inquisitor, a libby, 5 pallies, 5 termies, 10 Interceptors and a dreadknight.

My libby took librarius and got the +2 stat power, the psychic attack that can take powers and a lame beam power that did nothing at all.

Draigo and inq joined the pallies, libby with the termies.

I went first and shunted into jetbikes with Interceptors, killing 2 units including the farseer with a psyk out grenade. The wraithknight one shotted my dreadknight, which was killed by draigo in a single assault phase. The toughness 6 librarian tanked way more than he should have been able too before he died via stupid eldar flyer, but the real stars were the Interceptors who took out all the jetbikes and 2 units of warp spiders in combat. I ended up with 3 pallies left with draigo and the inquisitor still alive. Draigo gated to one objective the turn 7 whilst the pallies grabbed another, giving me a 14-16 win.

Not the strongest eldar list, but I'll take a win over eldar any day of the week. Librarius was ok, sanctic is still better for mine.

Kinda new to GK, not played Eldar, ever, so please forgive me.

WK is a Gargantuan Creature? Which is D3 wounds instead of ID. Cool, I get that. Force is a wonderful thing. Hammerhand, A truly awsome thing for Draigo and his Sword.

So that's 4 hits rolled, 5 with Master Crafted re roll, Force (ID) hits. You rolled for 11 wounds. That's freaking awsome. And the WK save was negated by the Swords AP?

You must must have loved that moment. Draigo at 2" (7ft) kills a Gargantuan WK, 10" (35ft) tall, out right in one round of combat, after being charged. laugh.png

For me, that's the sort of moment that would take a game that I lost, to a "I don't care if you won, I killed that" victory. msn-wink.gif

Yep it was great. Draigo is phenomenal as a gargantuan killer, especially the non vehicle ones. With the new faq saying you can look out sir stomps, he's even better.

My favourite matchup though was my 60pt malleus inquisitor one shotting skarbrand. Normal human fights khorne's number 1 daemon up close, 1 vs 1, and banishes him.

Gamewise, i charged, reducing him to initiative 1. Grimoire of True Names meant I had 4s to hit, rolled 3 hits out of 5 attacks. 6s to wound, 1 wound, he didnt save, force sword instagibbed him.

My GK reinforcements have got lost in the warp. Expected translation was 3-7 days...it's now been 13 days without a sign...

Really gutted as its looking like they've been lost in the post. Hope the paint man has the tracking info....

Don't.....Draigo, a Libby, 6 termies, 7 pallies, 2 dreads (1 Forgeworld and one venerable with the now oop Forgeworld torso) a storm Raven and a razorback with FW doors and psycannkn turret.

Don't want to even consider it lost for good!

Haha...all prayers gratefully received. I've been holding off on photos of my force as some of my last batch needed slight alterations so it wasn't complete.

Anyway, after this batch, there are just a few infantry, a third dread and a Vortimer Redeemer to go....the first one of many projects that will have reached the 'complete' stage!*

*assuming the lost reinforcements turn up

• 2 weeks later...

Well....after some time, we still don't have reinforcements. But, a message has been received that they are in the final stages of translation and *should* be here mid-week.  

Pics will be put up when the arrive!

Had a 1000pt game against daemonkin.

My list-

inquisitor, 5 henchmen in valkyrie

Ml3 libby

5 termies

5 interceptors

dreadknight

He had -

A hellbrute & cultist formation

20 bezerkers in a massive drop pod that could charge when they landed.

Quick game, basically my termies took out the helbrute when they landed then got charged by 20 zerks, including a champ with an axe of khorne.

My libby rolled on librarius and got the reroll saves and the other power which adds to int, attacks, str etc. He went full dragon ball z and took out 5 zerks before they could hit. Thanks to the reroll power the termies took 1 wound from about 80 attacks. Game was over next turn when the libby took 8 more zerks out over both assault phases.

Never seen a psychic power be so useful before.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was actually last weekend

But ended up going 3-3 at the midwest GT (1850pts)

Lost my first game to RG demi company + skyhammer thanks to some super cold dice

But made up for it on my next 2 games vs skitari/admech and space wolves

2nd day saw me banish some KDK in a relatively close match followed by being blown off the table by tau with stormsurge and riptide wing on a hammer and anvil deployment

And after a case of blood list and dyslexia lost to some artillery guard with grav SM bikers

All in all a good weekend and ok result given it was my first time bringing my GKs to a tournament

Archived