Today my GKs...

marvmoogy

Nice!  I want to try mine out in a tournament setting, but I need to get my hands on them first...

Yup, that's right, I'm still waiting!  They have apparently been sent to the local centre, left in a corner and then sent back to the original handling depot....so enough is enough.  They *should* be being picked up by the painter from the depot tomorrow then hand delivered to me on Monday evening.  

That's when I'll get to give him the Land Raider and the final dreadnought, build the last remaining PAGKs and then I can call it project complete.

Hopefully.

Yesterday my 1500p list punished an Ork Force.

I had this Models:

Librarian, ML3, Liber, Stormbolter

5 Purifiers, 2 Incinerators, Rhino

5 Terminators, 2 Falchions, 2 Halberds, 1 Hammer, Psycannon

10 Interceptors, 2 Incinerators, Halberd for the Character

2 NDK, Teleport, Sword, HPsycannon, Hincinerator

Kaldor Draigo

For Psychic Powers I rolled on Fulmination. I rolled the Electrodisplacement, Fists of Lightning and the Haywire Nova.

My opponent had something like that:

Warboss in Megaarmor

Nobs in Megaarmor, with warboss in trukk

Flash Gitz in the av14 tank

Lootaz

2 units boys

1 Deffdread

More Nobs in trukk

Dakkajet

I tabled him completely at the end of turn 3. It was a random game at a community event in germany. He never played against GK before.

Was fun for both though :D

Mine have hammers to, normally. But I haven't got that many points :D

I combat squaded them, the first moved 30" up and were displaced with the draigo unit.

The second died 4 of 5 due to orkish ranged fire. The last managed to survive 5 nobs, for 2 rounds of CC. But didn't kill any of them :D

The first unit didn't do anything for the rest of the game. But sadly for my opponent, I didn't even needed them.

Mine have been hit and miss too, I found that combat squading them and running 5 with each of my NDKs helps to avoid getting swamped by hordes and helps to disuade attacks from dedicated close combat threats ( Power Fists, Klaws etc ).

5 Terminators with Hammers and Shields were wiped out before they could do any real damage (1 wound on the NDK).

Nice battle by the sounds of it.  I don't think I've ever played against Orks - something to look forward to I guess.

Well, as you may have noticed, it is Monday knight (see what I did there???) and a post without a picture.  Yup, you've got it...another delay.

However, on the plus side, this time I do for once have a TRACKING NUMBER!  After all of the delays over the last 8+weeks, I now feel confident that they are, finally, in fact, on their way!

Today a small 750 point detachment of my GK played a tournament practice game against some Daemons (the other player is practicing for a tournament, not me). We were playing Crusade.

You do not get an awful lot for 750 points with GK so I went with a basic CAD composed of

2 x Lvl3 Librarian

5xTerminator

5xStrikes

5xInterceptors

With a nice scattering of hammers, falchions and halberds.

I decided to have fun with the new Fulmination and Librarius disciplines - and got a nearly full house of witch fires which was .... interesting.

To cut a long story short the MVP was Preferred Enemy Daemons, I rolled an unbelievable number of 1's and the re-rolls won me the game. By turn 4 he had to throw desperate attacks in to try to pull back my advantage in VP and the gamble failed to pay off - we called it with a lone Bloodletter sitting on an objective in my backfield - at which point my Interceptors were dead as was a single terminator.

Not played Daemons in a while, I had forgotten just how fantastic Preferred Enemy is.

After that previous win a loss to Space Wolves last night, a thunderwolf-heavy list that my opponent was practicing with for a tournament. My first run-out with a 1500 point version of the list[1]. It was close all the way through and came down to a couple of dice rolls in the climactic combat between the two combat-monster blobs - I fluffed a couple of important psychic tests and his warlord made a couple of clutch 3+ invulnerable saves to avoid Instant Death and mulch my warlord librarian. I lost 8-3 (but had 3 maelstrom cards riding on my ability to kill that warlord so would have picked up 3 + D3 if he had failed a save).

Lots for fun but also lots to learn.

In the heat of the game I forgot *so many* of my rules which definitely contributed to the loss. No good blaming the dice. I just made too many mistakes, he should never have had a shot at making saves to win the game.

With 5 librarians I need to think long and hard about my strategy for generating powers; I threw 7 dice at trying to get Null Zone and/or Veil of Time but got neither which made the game a bit of a struggle from the start. On the plus side Fulmination is full of little gems of powers and really fixed that long-running problem I had with the mobility of foot-slogging GK. The list is a blast to play.

Onwards and upwards for the Emperor.

[1] Librarian spam pseudo-deathstar. Currently using an UM Librarius Conclave to bring up my librarian count until I can get some more GK librarians built.

Yesterday a gaming group near me had a small 3 game tournament. 8 people showed up and everyone had a different army it was great.

It was my first time playing in this group so I didn't know what to expect. The proviso for the event was 1500pts, 2 detachments and no LOWs. It was also designed to be "semi friendly".

So I figured I'd try something a little bit different.

My list was

ML3 Libby

GKTs justicar w falchions, psycannon with falchions, 1 flachions, 2 hammers

Paladins!! Apothecary, nemesis banner, hammer, falchions, land raider DT???

2 NDKs sword, teleporter, psycannon, incinerator

Vindicare assassin

Although my land raider is painted I'm fairly sure yesterday was the first time I ever used it. I wanted the redeemer but bits for that are currently on a ship somewhere between Australia and the USA...

I also think it's only the 3rd time I've used my Paladins and never in a competitive environment

The libby went with the Paladins but only deployed once in the LR

First game was also another first for me vs sisters w culexus and vindicare (technically illegal but the group okayed it)

My opponents list was fairly decent lots of melta and S10? AP1 missiles to fling at me

It saw my vindicare 1 shotted T1 and the demise of my LR turn 2 but after that my GKTs and pallys were close enough to wreak havoc in CC

Game ended T5 and I won barley another turn could have gone the other way. I lucked out staying focused on the mission.

Game 2 was vs tyranids and genestealer cult

Bad deployment and too many reserves by my opponent saw me table him T5

I lost my LR turn 3 with 6 psychic Lance shots blowing it up and only 1 GKTS

I managed to shoot down his flyrant T2 with most my army shooting at it

Game 3 put me in contention for first place

I went up against orks and harlequins??

There was zardsnark and the harlequin detachment of solitaire, death jester and farseer

Orks outnumbered me greatly but none of his units except the harlequins and 2 war bosses seemed like real threats

My opponent had first turn and was also able to scout his bikes

The harlequins didn't do much the biggest threat from that formation is the solitaire I probably put too much attention on that with my pally squad and libby going after it on an empty flank to protect the vindicare on an end of game objective

I didn't focus both NDKs on the bikes because I was also concerned about the tank busters that had followed them up (the IG in me getting the better of my nerves)

This was probably my undoing as my GKTs that had been deployed in support of the NDKs lost 3 men to Ork fire T1 and went to ground

So a lone NDK charged the bikes without sanctuary because the 2nd had focused on the other wagon. I challenged my opponent not realising his war bosses were T6 so no ID....

The NDK went down that turn and the 2nd one the following turn flanked by bikes and tank busters

Game ended T5 with my left flank holding 1 of 4 objectives and 70% of my points alive but ineffective my opponent had the other 3

I only managed to kill 2 of the harlequins and my opponent took out 3 of mine.

I ended up 3rd. 2nd place was a daemons player which I almost had my last round match to. He was glad we didn't ha

As expected pallys and LR didn't do much but was fun to use them for a change.

I don't think the GKs were outclassed in this setting at all. Still like the new librarius powers although didn't get veil of time once! I did get the -2 invul power last game which helped me take out the solitaire.

TL;DR

3 games

Vs Sisters won

Vs Nids won

VS Orks lost

Came third overall out of 8.

Today I broke out some paints for the first time since I moved. I have to slowly piece back some $300 worth of paints but I have 8 to start with.

I started by getting the Base coats on my interceptors. I have a tournament this weekend I'd like to attend so need to meet the 3 colour requirement.

This is my first batch of interceptors I'm painting so kinda making it up as I go.

gallery_87434_11952_31954.jpg

gallery_87434_11952_52906.jpg

Without turning this into my own WIP thread finished my interceptors today (well except for some screaming bell to go on a couple of spots but that can wait)

I'm more or less happy with how they turned out couple of minor things I need to watch out for on the next 15...

gallery_87434_11952_236442.jpg

gallery_87434_11952_203234.jpg

gallery_87434_11952_130704.jpg

Nope, every entry except Standards only 0-1.

I had:

Libbi Ml3 l, liber, stormbolter

5 Termis, psycannon, 2 falchions, 2 swords

5 Striker, flamer, rhino

10 Interceptors, justicar halberd, 2 flamer

NDK, Sword, Incinerator and Psilencer.

The GK who got 4th had Libby, paladins, termis, 5 strikes, NDK

The 9th player had libby, 2 termi squads, LRC and NDK

My first game was against that 9th player. It were a draw :)

Finished the other 10 interceptors! (Purity seal scribbles aside and some minor touch ups)

Now I just need to get some leadbelcher spray and some motivation to finish the rest of my army (5 Paladins, 5 purifiers, 5 more interceptors, draigo, crowe, 2nd libby)

gallery_87434_11952_225983.jpg

gallery_87434_11952_273702.jpg

Finished the other 10 interceptors! (Purity seal scribbles aside and some minor touch ups)

Now I just need to get some leadbelcher spray and some motivation to finish the rest of my army (5 Paladins, 5 purifiers, 5 more interceptors, draigo, crowe, 2nd libby)

gallery_87434_11952_225983.jpg

gallery_87434_11952_273702.jpg

Whoa whoa whoa, lead belcher spray? Where do I get this?!?!?!

Looking good - nice, clean job on those.

Makes me jealous that I *STILL* don't have mine to share :'(

If it was me I'd start considering lodging a dispute if you did it via credit card or paypal....

• 3 months later...

Well, my brotherhood is lost in the warp for good.  Claims to the Imperial Accountancy (read: insurance claim against the courier) have been filed and I start the long and painful path of replacing the models.

Still, I've got a squad of 10 strikes and 10 termies on the way to help get me started on the replacements

Well, Draigo has turned up now!  Although unpainted and in a clampack.....

With a little selective buying, trading and searching high and low, I think I pretty much have all of the infantry replaced now.  I'll need the odd bit here and there but hoping eBay can throw the likes of a psycannon and arm and a terminator rear torso up.

Then it's just the vehicles - a storm raven needs to be procured, a razorback heavy-weapon circular plinth part and a few forgeworld bits

But, like I say, we're getting there!

Archived