Today my GKs...

marvmoogy

Today my GK with their Inquisitor and Ultramarine friends did brutal things to some CSM. That librarian spam list is a bit random but when the Emperor blesses the dice it's stupidly good.

Bottom of turn 2 he had one sorcerer left on one wound thanks to a 4+ invuln save. The heldrake then came in and proved unkillable but other than that nothing lived.

• 4 months later...

It's been a while since I've had any significant update for this thread but here goes....

I HAVE FINALY RECEIVED MY MODELS BACK!

Despite them being sent in April, they arrived by Special Delivery a few weeks back.  Despite them being 'completed' I am missing parts and a lot of the models are half painted....but at least I have them back, right?  The good news is my reliable paint man has my replacement GKs so I'm going to end up with an army about twice the size of the one I planned on......shame!

http://i.imgur.com/PgTRE4R.jpg

After a long time of sitting on my desk I decided to start working on my Stormcast to Bro Champ/Crowe conversion.  I made some progress with the painting but the paladin book and sword back decoration broke off during some "cleaning" my wife was doing around my desk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I finally got around to painting my plastic libby. I think I've had this guy since the week they released him. I tried painting him differently to how I normally do my GKs. That included using the GW leadbelcher spray and the nulin gloss.

I have to admit I wasn't really a fan of either. At least for not how my GKs look. Both are quite bright! Which if youre going for super shiny GKs would be fine I guess.

It was a pain trying to paint of the spray in non silver areas though. So definitely tape those areas off if you can.

Personally I still prefer the resin model.

gallery_87434_11952_386215.jpg

gallery_87434_11952_438750.jpg

I've had a couple of games now with the new adversary rules, and I really like them. I think on the whole the buffs to the enemy are stronger than us being able to being our anti daemon rules into play, but the games are super fun.

I had a game where a nid army went demonic, held back by a thin silver line of gk whilst my inq force weaponed a flying hive tyrant that fell to the ground after his valk shot it (as the tyrant was a daemon, the grimoire made him initiative 1).

• 2 weeks later...

Today I'm browsing alternative paint schemes, and debating how to convert Stormcast fellows into Librarians and Draigo.

I'm also wondering whether I should keep staves on my librarians, or go with hammers.  Because the Stormcast guys with huge hammers look kinda boss for that.

Got my damaged Bloodthirster parts for my Driago diorama, took a hammer and saw to it to further break it apart. Driagos base is going to fit where his neck/back was like he is planting his feet on its back. Inspired by that Doom artwork of The Doomslayer surrounded by demons that he is killing.

My friend from back home ordered me a birthday gift.

So given I'm under the weather at the moment I thought it would be something simple I could do to curb the boredom.

However after stabbing my finger clearing up flashing, chipping a shoulder pad and having to pin every single joint it just reminded me how much I hate resin! This is almost like a prank gift!
Considering he's the "Grand Master" model seems a bit lack luster? The new kits are definitely much nicer.

gallery_87434_11952_158602.jpg

Yes I know what you mean. I have two of these models. The first one was so bad GW sent me a new one. I still haven't done the new one even though it's been sitting around for months just because it's so difficult to work with.

Yes I know what you mean. I have two of these models. The first one was so bad GW sent me a new one. I still haven't done the new one even though it's been sitting around for months just because it's so difficult to work with.

I made the mistake of trying to paint it without doing a thorough scrub of whatever that substance is on it. Base coat came out awful... it's been sitting now for almost 2 years lol

I made the mistake of trying to paint it without doing a thorough scrub of whatever that substance is on it. Base coat came out awful... it's been sitting now for almost 2 years lol

I have to admit I was lazy and didn't wash it either... thanks for mentioning I will have to do that before I base coat mine

I have to admit I was lazy and didn't wash it either... thanks for mentioning I will have to do that before I base coat mine

Yea the paint just looks awful laying on top of that residue, def not a mistake I'm gonna make again, but hey, that's resin I guess..

Today my Grey Knights stoicly guarded their shelf from any display cabinet incursions. That, and lamented my stupidity as I realised the Purifiers and Interceptors I'd sold would actually be useful....

Today my Greyknights went up against Magnus the Red and some Thousand Sons.

+++ 2K GreyKnights V Magnus (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v2036) (1998pts) +++

++ Combined Arms Cetachment (Grey Knights: Codex (2014) v2018) (1998pts) ++

+ HQ (325pts) +

····Brother-Captain (170pts) [Master-crafted melee weapon, Nemesis force sword, Storm bolter, The Fury of Deimos (Replace Storm Bolter)]

····Librarian (155pts) [Nemesis warding stave, Psyker [ML 3], The Soul Glaive (Replace Melee weapon)]

+ Troops (753pts) +

····Strike Squad (259pts) [2x Grey Knight (sword)]
······3x Grey Knight (falchions) [6x Nemesis falchion]
······Grey Knight (halberd) [Nemesis force halberd]
······Grey Knight (hammer) [Nemesis Daemon hammer]
······2x Grey Knight (incinerator) [2x Incinerator]
······Justicar [Master-crafted melee weapon, Nemesis warding stave]

····Strike Squad (130pts)
······4x Grey Knight (halberd) [4x Nemesis force halberd]
······Justicar [Master-crafted melee weapon, Nemesis force halberd]

····Terminator Squad (189pts) [2x Terminator (sword)]
······Terminator (falchions) [2x Nemesis falchion]
······Terminator (incinerator) [incinerator, Nemesis force sword]
······Terminator Justicar [Nemesis Daemon hammer]

····Terminator Squad (175pts)
······4x Terminator (halberd) [4x Nemesis force halberd]
······Terminator Justicar [Nemesis force halberd]

+ Fast Attack (230pts) +

····Stormraven Gunship (230pts) [Hurricane bolters, Twin-linked assault cannon, Twin-linked heavy bolter]

+ Heavy Support (445pts) +

····Nemesis Dreadknight (225pts) [Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis greatsword and power fist, Personal teleporter]

····Nemesis Dreadknight (220pts) [Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Daemon hammer and power fist, Personal teleporter]

+ Lords of War (245pts) +

····Kaldor Draigo (245pts) [Warlord Trait: Daemon-slayer]

Highlights:

Deployed everything except the Stormraven.

Dreadknights shunted Turn 1, one got bogged in combat with a pink horror. The other ate a squad of Rubricae in a couple of turns.

A 5-man strike squad glanced a Hellbrute to death with their halberds, and only suffered a single casualty in return.

Magnus arrived and Draigo kept denying his most powerful powers.

Magnus charged into a Terminator V Terminator combat, got challenged by Draigo (who thought he could send the moody child home) and squashed him flat as he rolled 3 1s for his storm shield saves censored.gif censored.gif biggrin.png teehee.gif.

Magnus was then taken down by a combination of halberd and daemon hammer attacks, finally succumbing on turn 4.

What did my raven do? Absolutely nothing! Didn't turn up until Magnus was dead... wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif

Over all, I lost Draigo, 4 Terminators, 3 Strike Squad Marines, and two Dreadknights. Left him with a single Scarab Occult Terminator.

Good job. Heck I'd NEVER land Magnus against Grey Knights. There's no way that's going to end up well.

I will say if I were using Magnus' psychic powers I would be using the beam powers so there is no denial bonus because it would be really hard to get any 'target' style powers off on Grey knights.

Good job though. Bloody stormravens though... I don't regret selling mine at all.

Thanks.

There were times where it was touch and go, despite how the board looked. A few poorer 5+ rolls, and I'd have been in trouble.

To be fair, I am usually fairly lucky with my flyers. The idea, if he didn't land, was to either shooting him to death, or, grounding him.

Thanks.

There were times where it was touch and go, despite how the board looked. A few poorer 5+ rolls, and I'd have been in trouble.

To be fair, I am usually fairly lucky with my flyers. The idea, if he didn't land, was to either shooting him to death, or, grounding him.

I agree. I just finished painting my Magnus so I did up a Battle report for him in the Chaos section, but yes eventually he was grounded.

I think for Grey Knights that's always an option but I'd ignore him otherwise. He's just too expensive and without a full Tzeentch Daemon fa m he starves the rest of the army of warp charges pretty badly. I thin this actually works to GK's advantage.

Archived