++March of the Legions: XII Completions++

March of the Legions

Month 8 Completions: The XII Legion

http://i.imgur.com/fTfEtek.png

Please only leave the five pictures from your completion in the XII Legion Challenge, and the fluff for you characters. Any other comments or text will be deleted. Thank you. smile.png

Recovered from Pic-Feeds from Fallen Mortal and Astartes Traitor forces, depicted here is Chaplain Krayt drenched in the blood of the innumerable foes whose lives he has ended over the course of the 20 hour counter-offensive on the planet Malachor I.

A World Eater of Terran Stock, Krayt was one of the few among his Legion capable of maintaining a modicum of coherency once under the full sway of the Butchers Nails. Coupled with his overly-zealous nature and natural leadership skills, it took no time for him to be inducted into the XIIth Legions Chaplain Corps.

Choosing an imposing Power Axe as his own Crozius Arcanum as befit his rank, he was never seen without when in battle plate. The Power Fist seems to have been a recent addition, a gift given to him from one of the Techmarines under his command to replace (hide?) his amputated arm following a Cleansing Campaign versus Orks on Aedegan Prime where he lost it in single combat with an Ork Warboss.

Due to part of his responsibilities being the propagation of the Imperial Truth as well as being a War Hound prior to the arrival of Angron and his assuming of command, Krayt was initially marked for Death at the Infamous Drop Site Massacre by his Gene-Sire. It would be through sheer chance that during transit through the warp to the Istvaan System that his Battle Barge suffered a slight hiccup and malfunction.

Upon exiting transit, it was not the Istvaan System that greeted them but one of the uninhabited Solar Systems on the outskirts of the Ghoul Stars instead, a full Seven years later.

Upon learning of his Legions Treachery and declaring for the Warmaster, Krayt and his most loyal followers, some 60% of the Astartes and Crew aboard their ship mutinied against the Captain and World Eaters who wished to join their Primarch in his Betrayal before going on to attack Traitor Held locations on the Fringes of the Galaxy as they slowly made their way back towards Terra.

+++

Seen here in Full Artificer Plate, Chaplain Krayt wields a pair of Master-Crafted Weapons whose Ornamentation leave little room for doubt as to where his ultimate loyalty lays.

Note: As of yet unidentified Power Armor Helmet of unique Design.

gallery_67188_10247_41757.jpg

gallery_67188_10247_24421.jpg

gallery_67188_10247_135146.jpg

gallery_67188_10247_74743.jpg

gallery_67188_10247_13603.jpg

All have sinned.

No matter our glories, our strengths, our victories... We have all failed Him. None of us can be counted worthy of the gift the Emperor has given us. He entrusted to us the responsibility to carry his vision into the darkness and we fell at the first hurdle. The right of the Legions to prosecute the enemies of man is forfeit. The Great Crusade is over.

Isstvan III will be our grave. We may hurt those who have turned their backs on Terra and the Emperor's purposes, but we will not break them as some of the my brothers hold hope to. There can be no victory here. They will bleed us, and we will die in these ruins.

I haven't slept since the Life Eater burnt the soul from this world.

Angron and his 'true' sons are coming again. They will test our fortifications and our barricades again, but the sheer, terrible force that is my father will overcome us, and our lives will end on the swords and axes of our brothers. Many of us will fall, but we will resist unto our last.

I know not if these words will ever be seen by eyes loyal to the throne of Terra, but I must write them regardless. Know that when there was no hope and no respite, we fought and we bled for the Emperor and for his Imperium, and died the deaths of martyrs for his honour.

- Taken from a fallen column recovered from the surface of Isstvan III by VII Legion personnel. Attributed to an unknown World Eaters Legionnaire.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I had such hopes for this one... But as it turns out I've forgotten how to paint white well, and there's no good light in Edinburgh today, so it doesn't look great anyway. And I totally posted this in the wrong thread. Woo!

med_gallery_51465_6984_651742.jpeg

med_gallery_51465_6984_292021.jpeg

med_gallery_51465_6984_173574.jpeg

med_gallery_51465_6984_20846.jpeg

med_gallery_51465_6984_328825.jpeg

Velkor the Wolf Slayer

Pictured here while chasing down survivors of the drop site massacre.

His love of hurling himself at his enemies via jet pack led him to customize his armor with extra axe blades so as to cause as much maiming as possible upon impact. Note the desecrated VI legion power fist. No doubt taken from one of his victims during the "Night of the Wolf" incident.

Archived