++ March of the Legions: X Legion ++

gallery_48988_10069_1214690.png

Month 9: The X Legion

If you missed last month's competition, and/or would like to learn the rules for this competition, please read the first post here: http://www.bolterand...gion/?p=3850046

If you dare to accept this challenge, please recite the following oath:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, Brother Chaplain Kage, accept my role in this.

I promise to lead the X Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to raise the storm.

I will do so no matter the ferocity or ingenuity of the foe.

I pledge my honor to the X Legion.

On this matter, and by the hands of Ferrus, I swear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a day early, but I'm not likely to be home tomorrow night to do it then.

I, Slipstreams, accept my role in this.

I promise to lead the X Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to raise the storm.

Well :cuss !!!!

I totes forgot about The March.........the last one I completed was before the ETL....

I, Grotsmasha, accept my role in this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, Brother-Captain Arkhan, accept my role in this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, Rashbold... accept my role in this.

Oddly enough last night I was wondering how long it was until we got our turn for The March...

I, Ironwrought Huw, accept my role in this.

I, Ezeriel, accept my role in this.

This is my first time trying one of these and the first I have heard of it but sure, I'd like to give it a go.

I, Brother Lich King, accept my role in this.

I, Barabbas Sogalon, accept my role in this.

I, StruManChu, accept my role in this.

I'm gonna have a crack at Bion Henricos for this one, which should be fun. Been looking forward to this for a while.

I, Big Bad Squig, accept my role in this.

Oh :cuss yeah, my time has come.

I, Raktra, accept my role in this.

I pledge my honour to the X Legion.

I, RandomMarine, accept my role in this.

On this matter, and by the hands of Ferrus, I swear

I, The Nameless Captain, accept my role in this.

AWWWWWWWWW yissss

I, Luna707, accept my role in this.

I, Nevindar, accept my role in this.

(Time to return to my Heresy Era roots!)

Cough, cough.  Ahem.

I, Deus Ex Ferrum, accept my role in this.

I pledge my honor to the X Legion and no other.

I, Dosjetka, accept my role in this.

On this matter, I swear.

[+loading visual feed+]

gallery_45765_5904_61867.jpg

[+visual feed terminated+]

ACCESSING LEGIONNES ASTARTES PERSONNEL FILES

LOGIN: **********

REF: LEG.X/SHOLOGAR/MASTER

ACCESSING MASTER FILE FOR CLAN SHOLOGAR, X LEGION

SELECT SUB-DIRECTORY: UNIF/CRU-E/CRU-L/HOST

ACCESSING SUB-DIRECTORY "Late Crusade"

5,000+ FILES RETURNED.  PLEASE ENTER ADDITIONAL SEARCH PARAMETERS: "MAG LENDON"

1 FILE RETURNED.  ACCESS FILE: Y/N

ACCESSING.

GREAT CRUSADE (LATE) PERSONNEL FILE

CONTENTS CLASSIFIED, CODE VERMILION (EYES ONLY)

ACCESS RESTRICTED BY ORDERS OF ROGAL DORN

GIVEN NAME: Oan mag Lendon

PLACE OF BIRTH: Scotia, Breton, Terra

LEGION ASSIGNMENT: X Legion

COMMAND ASSIGNMENT: 3rd Squad, 5th Mechanized Company, III Armored Battalion, I Order, Clan Shologar

PERSONAL HISTORY:

Subject Oan mag Lendon was recruited at the age of thirteen from the population of Scotia in Old Breton, from a village near the ancient battleground at Callo's Den.  Suitability testing indicated above-average intelligence, though initial selection was undertaken based on subject's physical and psychological resilience.  Subject showed extreme willpower and an ability to translate such psychological determination into feats of physical strength and toughness; evaluators consistently referred to subject's "inability to accept defeat" in nearly all test cases.  As subject matured post-gene seed implantation, this willful determination was buttressed by muscle growth and bone density rates that exceeded normal parameters.  In combat test cases with fellow initiates, subject was determined to generally lack an interest or skill in finesse-based weapons or martial arts, instead coming to overly rely on brute force and his own inherent ability to absorb punishment to win the day.  Screening indicated that the best fit for the subject, based on these and other psychological factors, was the X Legion.

Subject was assigned to X Legion and served in the 1st Company during the Legion's pre-Primarch campaigns.  Subject received multiple commendations by X Legion and Crusade leadership for gallantry and bravery under fire.  Records also indicate multiple attempts by X Legion command to promote subject, who declined every offer.  Post-Primarch unification, promotion and commendation records were no longer submitted to Terran archives.  However, anecdotal evidence provided by Remembrancer Andal Everbaak indicates that subject refused a promotion being offered directly from X Legion Primarch (REF:Ferrus Manus/P), stating that subject had "no desire to lead -- only to fight."

Primarch unification of X Legion led to extreme reforms in the Legion's internal organization, and subject was appended to sub-command "Clan Shologar," command of which was awarded to fellow Scotian-born Legionary named Comyn mag Laud (REF: Mag Laud, C./X).  Clan Shologar rapidly became one of the X Legion's showpiece formations for armored assaults and was heavily reinforced with Land Raider assault vehicles.  Subject was eventually persuaded by Comyn mag Laud to accept command of one squad, citing subject's experience and underscored by a threat to remove subject from battle formations if the promotion was refused yet again.

Due in part to his bullish nature and long career, subject has received an inordinate number of battle wounds.  In keeping with X Legion practice, the majority of these wounds, if debilitating to combat performance, were corrected via the use of cybernetics to rapidly return subject to combat readiness.  Notable cybernetic/augmetic replacement limbs and organs include: left leg (entire), right leg (shin); right leg (foot); left arm (hand); left arm (forearm); right arm (entire); lungs (all); heart (primary); heart (secondary); cranium (partial).  Note: partial cranial reconstruction due to wounds inflicted by xenos plasma weapon (REF:starcannon/Eldar) which resulted in severe tissue burns and bone vaporization across the left side of subject's face.  Damage to neural tissue was avoided, but complete cybernetic replacement of the left side of subject's face and head was required.

Subject continues to be known throughout X Legion circles for personal tenacity and resiliency.  During operations with III Legion forces, subject earned epithet "Ironhide."  Recruitment option for Crusader Host declined due to psychological factors.

NEW ENTRY?: Y/N

ACCESSING ENTRY LOG

NEW ENTRY:

Subject's command listed as first wave assignment to Istvaan V pacification.  Current status and whereabouts are unknown.

• 2 weeks later...

RandomMarine & nevindar: Thanks! :)

It's about time I paint my Iron Hand. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should paint his armour? I quite like the blue/green hue that the Forge World Studio Ferrus Manus has on his armour but I'll settle for pretty much any advice I can get. ;)

Archived