I, Radu Lykan , hereby pledge the forces of 121st Alcari under Lieutenant Colonel Franklyn Donner to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of a Hellhound at 130 points will do its duty no matter the cost.

Lieutenant Colonel Franklyn Donner- “Old Chew ‘Ard”

Lieutenant Colonel Franklyn Donner- “Old Chew ‘Ard”
Rumours abound as to how the colonel got his nickname, many believe it is due to his bionic jaw, replaced after having it ripped off by an Eldar pirate, few outside the battalion know the truth. If one can earn the trust of the battalions troopers he may be shown the single surviving pict capture of an incident from the colonels time in the battalions 13th company.

13th company is an elite formation of 100 grenadiers within each of the battalions. They do not deploy in the Bulwark class forts like the rest of the men but are instead deployed in valkyries and used for rapid response, spearheading attacks, recon and other special operations.
Usually the grenadiers form the 1st company of a regiment but those of the Alcari regiments bear the unlucky number 13, one of their mottos being “a real man makes his own luck” if any warriors can weather the storm of battle donning this cursed number it is the grenadiers of Alcazar.

Whilst serving in the 13th company as a youth, Sergeant Donner’s squad captured the ork warlord known simply as Gurbak foe eater. Gurbaks warband were especially notorious in that Gurbak actively encouraged his warband to devour any and all humans found within the city they had attacked. Tales of this horror was sapping the morale of the planets defenders and so Donner’s squad was sent in. Donner had special orders from an unnamed inquisitor, once Gurbak was subdued a series of pict recordings was taken of Donner eating Gurbak alive, these recordings were broadcast on all known ork frequencies. Tales spread amongst the orks of the ork chewer, a monster of a man who after eating their warlord would eat any ork he came across. With the orks morale severely weakened the tide turned and the city was saved. At the order of the inquisition all pict recordings were destroyed but a single pict capture remains. It is rumoured that this was not the last time this ploy was used…….
Now, many years later “Old Chew ’Ard” commands the 2nd battalion on the planet of Lutum, his expertise in propaganda getting him and his battalion sequestered from the 121st’s other campaigns.

Alcari 121st 2nd battalion “Connoisseurs”

The Alcari regiments organisation is based around the use of their Bulwark drop forts. Each regiment is split into 10 battalions, each of the first 10 companies within a battalion are comprised solely of infantry with some chimeras for dedicated transport. They are equipped with 5 drop forts and are deployed to create defensive strong points and offensive beach heads on contested worlds. The other 10 companies within each battalion are support companies, rarely fighting as a whole company, rather they are split amongst the first 10 companies, 11th,12th and 14th are heavy weapons companies, 13th is a company of grenadiers, 15th is a special weapons company, 16th and 17th are Leman Russ companies, 18th is artillery, 19th is a sentinel company and the 20th is made up of auxiliary formations such as hellhounds and hydras.
This organisation allows each company of over 200 men to lay down a wall of lasfire that is backed up with close fire support from tanks and artillery, able to face multiple types of threat and win.
The 2nd battalion are known as the Connoisseurs by others within the regiment but it is unclear why...........

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/RADU_LYKAN/imperial%20guard/PICT1773_zps8e735cee.jpg

<<INCOMING TRANSMISSION>>

<<ORIGIN: Imperial Frigate Warbird>>

<<DESTINATION: Lutum High Command>>

<<REFERENCE: Response to Support Request>>

<<RECORDING BEGINS>>

"This thing on, tech-priest?" *binaric affirmative* "What did I tell you about speaking Gothic?  Did a brain-leaf get into your gears?  Whatever.  This is Colonel Graves of the Catachan 149th.  Broadsword Army Group Command has granted our request for assignment to the Lutum Reclamation Campaign.  We've already taken the liberty of deploying squads and Valkyrie flights planetside to recce the area.  Relevant details attached.  Colonel Graves out."

<<RECORDING ENDS>>

<<ATTACHMENTS>>

Regimental Commander Profile

Name: Geoffrey "The Bullgrox" Graves

Height: 2.08m

Weight: 190.53kg

Immediate Superior: Lord General Schwarzkopf (Broadsword 1st Army Group)

Status: Temporarily Assigned to Lutum Reclamation Campaign (Full Duration)

Disciplinary Note: Has repeatedly ignored the orders of superiors and/or operated without authorization to pursue his own battle plan ("Ignoring bad ideas," and "Seizing the initiative," respectively, to quote the offender).  Sanction by the Commisariat forestalled in light of respectable victory tally and intervention by Lord General Schwarzkopf.

Regimental Profile

Numeration: Catachan CXLIX

Cognomen: "Pit Vipers"

Strength: Unknown, reported as "Full"

Observed Strategic Tendencies: Jungle Warfare, Sabotage, Lightning Raids, Ambush Tactics, Guerilla Warfare, Air Cavalry Assault

Attached Image

Valkyries (unfinished)

Valkyrie Squadron X-09 "Drakebats" awaiting refit and repair prior to deployment. (Rocket Pods, Heavy Bolters, 2x155=310 points)

I our_baz hereby pledge the forces of E Company of the 7th Levallosian Life Guards, under the command Colonel Leukas Prins to reclaim the planet Lutum in the name of the Emperor. To this end we contribute a PCS (3rd platoon) in ceremonial dress (2 flamers, 2 melts, bolt pistol) 61pts. To do their duty for the glory of the regiment and the Emperor.

gallery_72518_9307_106722.jpg

That's quite the vow! I'm sure you can complete them in the allocated month time frame, do so and you'll be in with a shout for Lord Commander if you can maintain your points lead! The entrants list is up to date smile.png

Thanks! I'm excited, if you can't tell. I have a question, though. I'm thinking I'd like to paint up some tanks for the third phase, but they're technically from a separate regiment (I run an Army Group of several regiments as my IG army, so I have an excuse to buy as many different kinds as I want). Can I vow a second regiment to the cause?

Great to see you aboard baz, with grizzled members of the barracks Veteran company responding to the call victory is all but assured! The entrants list is up to date once more :)

Brazen, we didn't think of that but I don't see a problem with you using a second regiment for another vow. We'll count all your vows together for the purposes of calculations (as they're associated directly with participants rather than regiments and the narrative aspects) but the fate of each individual regiment will largely depend on their own performances, mixed in with a little of yours ;)

I, Arcima, hereby pledge the forces of Glühend's 77th Expeditionary Force under the command of Field Marshal Kretchmer to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor.  The contribution of one Vendetta Air Superiority Fighter flown by ace pilot "Winters" at 205 points.  (Vendetta x3 TL Las-cannons + Fighter Ace)

Glory to the Emperor!

20160103 135525

20160103 135507

BORING SEMI-LORE TIME

Field Marshal John Kretchmer

Field Marshal John Kretchmer began his life in the hive city of Forge World Glühend.  It was here that his parents were captured by a Dark Eldar raiding party while on a pilgrimage to the ruins of Caliban, their family's original home world.  It was only through John's uncanny knack to work the Omnissah's blessed creations that he was able to repel the invader's and save his sister and the nearby tech-priests, including Magos Explorator Kreptovic.  Kreptovic, noticing the technical ability of this child convinced John that joining the Adeptus Mechanicus.

One of the most notable aspects of Forge World Glühend was the integration of Imperial and Mechanicus forces into a mostly single entity.  This was due to the relative isolation of Glühend and it's proximity to the Eye of Terror.  This resulted in John being both an Adept, and a Guardsmen, a combination that would lead to the second most notable aspect of Glühend, which was the discovery of the STC for the Kleostopic Gyro.  The Kleostopic Gyro was a design that allowed for unparalleled accuracy while on the move, resulting in Glühend's vehicles to have better accuracy while moving at top speed then other designs did remaining stationary.

Adept John Kretchmer made a name for him self when Glüheld was invaded by Hive Fleet *REDACTED*.  Glüheld was defended by a force of Imperial Guardsmen, the Forge World's Skitarii forces, and the fortunate arrival of Ragnar Blackmane and his company who were eager to fight the Tyranid threat.  It was through the use of the improved Chimera's that he was able to bring down the sole remaining Hive Tyrant and cause a majority of the Tyranid force to go feral, attacking and devouring them selves while the Skitarii and Space Wolves cleaned up the remaining Tyranids and forced Hive Fleet *REDACTED* to leave the area.  Kretchmer's cunning, guile, and bravery earned him great respect from Ragnar who told his company that Kretchmer will forever have a place in Fenris.

77th Expeditionary Force

The 77th Expeditionary Force uses mechanized infantry, close air support, and heavy artillery to smash through enemy lines and cause havoc.  Leman Russ support is limited, restricted to the use of the Conqueror, Demolisher, and Exterminator variants. (Don't ask why, its a Ad Mech thing)

Excellent, the landing is looking good with plenty of aerial support on the way in - welcome aboard Arcima :) The entrants list has been updated, including baz's WIP. If you make an alteration to a previous post please post again with a link to let us know you've added something :tu:

At last ! Here is my corrected vow…

I, Guilloom, hereby pledge the forces of the 2nd Assault Brigade, so called "The Trenchstormers", from the 2nd Company of the XIVth Regiment of Kataris, under Lieutenant Harris Torhteim, to the reclamation of Lutum (and the kicking of some Renegades assets) in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of one Veterans Squad at 110 points will do their duty no matter the cost, til we got those Vanquisher cannons back !

med_gallery_87558_11313_109664.jpeg

Veterans Squad : 5 x Lasgun, 3 x Melta, Vox Caster, Veteran Sergeant (close combat weapon & Laspistol). Still hesitating between Forward Sentries and Grenadiers Doctrines…

UPDATE : they will be Grenadiers

Sorry, some heads have already been painted : these were my models test for my army color scheme.

Harris Torhteim, Lieutenant, 2nd Assault Brigade, 2nd Company, XIVth Regiment of Kataris, in charge of the expeditionary force on Lutum

Hidden Content
Harris Torhteim is that sort of man you don't want to meet drunk in a pub. Everyone in the 2nd Assault Brigade know how their lieutenant got his nickname, "Bullhead". A stranger to the Regiment would think he is so called because of his impetuous and obstinate character, and maybe his tremendous inclination to insubordination. The reality is not very far from this version...

Torhteim is among the rare commissioned officers of who do not come from Kataris and did not fight on its surface before its fall. He was born in a hive in the depths of Neba Secundus, thirty six years ago. A young boy, his path led him to the Adeptus Ministorum. However, for unknown reasons, we find him years later in a rogue trader's retinue and driving convoys on Fremas. After antagonizing a crime lord, he was forced to integrate the Imperial Guard. He volunteered to be sent in a newly reformed regiment. Thus Harris Torhteim joined the XIVth Kataris.

While serving in the 4th Rifles Battalion, he participates to the Cleansing of Kaen-944. The hive had been taken by a Dark Eldar raiding party and the slavers were trapped in the city since their Warp portal shut down. Sergeant Torhteim led his small squad of recruits in the depths of the hive, only to be ambush by motojets and winged Dark Eldars. They stroke, fast as lighting, destroying first the Chimeras carrying the Detachment headquarters. After a few minutes, the remaining soldiers received the order to retreat to the superior levels. Torhteim and a bunch of survivors remains behind in order to delay their foes.

Perched on a ruined Chimera's turret, the sergeant used its heavy stubber, bringing down dozens of Scourges. But they all ran out of ammo, and were overwhelmed by the grim creatures. All but Torshteim died. The legend says that the leader of the winged Eldars came in melee against the sergeant and stuck her sword deep in Harris belly. But the Eldar stayed astonished when this human blocked her blade and grabbed her spiky shoulderpads with his bare hands. He give the creature a violent headbutt, breaking her elegant nose. A second hit shattered more bones. After a few seconds, only remains of the frail Eldar head a mash of flesh. Both fell down, whereas the loud sound of tracks was heard in the hive.

A month later, Harris Torhteim woke up in the medical center of the Wrath of the Righteous. He got two things : a transfer order to the 2nd Assault Brigade and an hideous scare through his belly. Now the Lieutenant of the Brigade seeks occasions to receive new scares on the soil of Lutum.

The 2nd Assault Brigade

Hidden Content
The XIVth (and last) Regiment of Kataris counts five companies, each one being incomplete. The main force is the 2nd Company, under direct command from the Marshall Commissar Gruss De Veer, comprising the 2nd Assault Brigade, the 176th Rifle Batalion, the 9th Armoured Batalion and the 88th Artillery Brigade. The 3rd and 6th Companies follow the same organisation, while the 7th is dedicated to the logistic and the 9th to the reserves. They're all specialized in trench warfare. The Regiment usually deploys a huge artillery force in order to destroy its foes from far behind the frontline, while its infantry battalions clean whatever remains. But, sometimes, the situation requires a strike force, able to strike the enemy quickly with all firepower available. Then the 2nd Assault Brigade steps in. Consisting predominantly of veterans embedded in Chimeras, this unit also counts several Sentinels, a few light tanks and specialized squads (demolition, scout…). When the XIVth uses static defense lines, the 2nd Brigade prefers fast attack doctrines, often striking behind the enemy lines. After fighting the Greenskins in Uhulis Sector, the Brigade was redeployed in the Obscurus Segmentum. But the HQ received a call from the Magos on Stygies VIII and sent an expeditionary force to Lutum.

Your squad is 110pts Guilloom, the entrants list has been updated with this :) I've noticed I'm the only one who hasn't vowed a Troop or Fast Attack unit - not that I'd be off to a good start for Lord Commander with a 25pt vow anyway :P

Who will be the 10th regiment to pledge themselves to the cause? Immortality is yours if you take it...

Let's get the X barrier broken... who will be the 10th?

Which Regiment will step up to the mark and pledge their forces to

The Emperor of Mankind to retake Lutum from the heretic?

Join the Crusade!

The Emperor expects.

Here's forty shillings on the drum

To those who volunteer to come,

To 'list and fight the foe today Over the Hills and far away.

Through smoke and fire and shot and shell,

And to the very walls of hell,

But we shall stand and we shall stay Over the hills and far away

Then fall in lads behind the drum

With colours blazing like the sun.

Along the road to come what may Over the hills and far away.

When Evil stalks upon the land

I'll neither hold nor stay me hand

But fight to win a better day, Over the hills and far away.

If I should fall to rise no more,

As many comrades did before,

Ask the pipes and drums to play Over the hills and far away.

I have gotten a little carried away and will be completing a second Chimera just as a free bonus msn-wink.gif

Okay, I've finally got my Sentinel, and have managed to resize the image so I can post it and make my vow. Here goes:

I, Sgt. Cotys, hereby pledge the forces of the 83rd Horst Regiment (Armoured) under Major Ozhil to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of an Armoured Sentinel with autocannon and Hunter-killer missile at 55 points will do their duty no matter the cost.

Regiment name: 83rd Horst (Armoured), 'The Old Belligerents'.

Commander: Major Hektor Ozhil, 'Thunderhead'.

A ten-year veteran of the Horst PDF armoured regiments prior to joining the Astra Militarum, Hektor Ozhil personifies his home world; normally dour and taciturn, the Major can swiftly break into a rousing address with all the bombast of a thunderstorm breaking across the plans of Horst. Recently promoted to commander of the 83rd Horst after the death of Colonel Stakker during the disatrous Battle of Damasque Pass. The war on Lutum will be Thunderhead's first full campaign in charge of the regiment, and he intends to honour his fallen commander with nothing short of victory.

Regiment type: Armoured (Leman Russ as mainline vehicles, Sentinels for advanced forces/recon duties).

gallery_28587_11608_64588.jpg

More fluff to follow.

I, Grotsmasha, hereby pledge the forces of Baulkney 71st "The Desert Rats" under +++ Awaiting Declassification +++ to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of +++ Awaiting Declassification +++ at xxx points will do their duty no matter the cost.

Archived