+++Progress report+++

To: Crusade Command

Reconnaissance elements assembling and performing vehicle maintenance....

Expect deployment in 2 standard weeks, warp willing...

For The Emperor

+++Message Ends+++

The Chimera(s) have been magnetised and the troops are glued into sub-assemblies ready for spraying at the weekend prior to detailing/weathering over the next couple of weeks.

gallery_62353_11005_7039.jpg

You can always just vow a single model and start slow... No pressure - just don't disappoint the Commissariat ;)

I hereby report my vow complete!

gallery_30308_10604_34887.jpg

I really enjoyed painting Boeka, very different I'm glad I saved him for Assault on Lutum smile.png Once again thanks to SW1 for sending him to me I hope I've done him justice msn-wink.gif A competed vow wouldn't feel finished without a little bit of fluff to go with it though:

Hidden Content
Firionel stood silently watching over his troops as they all waited. The honour of joining the first assault was one he couldn't refuse, especially in light of the circumstances. Lutum must return to the fold, the supplies must resume and all traitors must die. Even so, the waiting was what he always hated. The sounds of machinery, of enemy ordnance striking the transport - though from the sounds of it not enough to threaten the armoured behemoth that carried them. No, far better to have your feet on the ground. Weapon in hand and facing the enemy where you can strike back, take your destiny into your own hands. It was a familiar sentiment of course but one he could not ignore even after all these years. Just one thing bothered him today: where was Boeka?

The intense Mankunian would ever be at his side, especially during landings as he knew Firionel disliked them yet he was conspicuously absent. Come to think of it he had been especially excitable once he heard they'd be in the first landing wave. Curiosity was sated when his eye caught a bit of commotion within the ranks of soldiers. At first it was the telltale sight of a chainblade bobbing above heads as it made its way through the infantry. As it was noticed and the sea of green parted to let him through the familiar red of Boeka was visible.

Firionel couldn't help the small smile that crept to his lips as the priest stood at the front of the transport, nose practically touching the front ramp. He was waving his arms around, shouting encouragement (and worse) as was his strange way. With Boeka literally leading the charge he could almost feel sorry for the traitors. Almost.

Nice work Commissar thumbsup.gif

Leading from the fore as it should be... Unfortunately mine are only based at the moment so my armoured fist squad may take a while to catch up :)

A week turnaround for a single model is a good example of my limited free time but as long as some hobby is being done that's the main thing :) Buys me time to assemble my next vow too :P

We're a third of the way through the phase, so even if you're not done yet some progress shots would be good to see. Post them up if you have them comrades :tu:

As you command...

This part of the Commissariat is at the base spray stage but it is amazing what difference a little green paint makes smile.png

Vowed Chimera

gallery_62353_11005_100016.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_84199.jpg

Bonus Chimera and Turret msn-wink.gif

gallery_62353_11005_123800.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_123800.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_7596.jpg

All usual bits magnetised of course :)

- Sir, reports just arrived from Lutum ! Troops have engaged the enemy.
- Damn ! Are they Cadians ?
- No, sir ! It's the 144th Arukan, led by Lord Commander Firionel, sir. And they have a Priest, sir !
- A Priest ? By Jove, no foe will remain for us ! How long until the squad's ready to fight ?
- A few days, sir !
- Prepare an Arvus and send me Higgins and Vargo. I want them down there before dawn.

med_gallery_87558_11313_380321.jpeg
Two vets are ready, the squad's other members are GSed, basecoated, a few even half painted. Please, leave me one Renegade or two biggrin.png

They sent a Priest!.... Just a priest?

What more does the Imperium need than a chainsword wielding frothing at the mouth fanatic ...

They sent a Priest!.... Just a priest?

What more does the Imperium need than a chainsword wielding frothing at the mouth fanatic ...

Air support. Luckily the CXLIX has a few attached assets. biggrin.png

Valkyrie progress

Halfway to a completed vow! I've got a more momentous vow to complete by Saturday (PCS with fixin's, Techpriest Engineseer, Hellhammer superheavy, and an "undetermined" number of Catachan infantry...), but once that's past I'll be free to paint up the second member of the squadron.

Ensign Cradis had always been a thorn in the Vice Admiral's side. Ever since Cradis been attached to the officer's little piece of the Segmentum Tempestus Fleet, he had done nothing but make a nuisance of himself, attempting to steal his glory by sharpshooting the Vice Admiral's battle plans, and befriending the enlisted rates who crewed for him. 'Wholly unbecoming of an officer of this fleet,' thought the Vice Admiral. So when a request came for Naval assistance with a backwater planetary quelling, only one name came to mind.
    "You will be afforded two of the mothballed Valkyries for this mission, Ensign Cradis," The Vice Admiral said, barely hiding his wry grin. He knew the airframes were in no shape to perform at the levels demanded by the Naval orders he had recieved hours before. "Assemble your crews, and report to the cruiser that will ferry you and your men to the contested system." "Yes sir, the Emperor protects!" Cradis said enthusiastically.

Ensign Cradis knew nothing of the poor state of the Valkyries he was given, until the journey through the warp was well underway. "Damn the Munitorum," he cursed out loud. Warrant Officer Urdmann knew better than to cry over spilt sacra, and told his superior so. "Sir, these two Valkyries are what we have, and I'll be damned if we are going to let the God-Emperor down. I have compiled a list, along with my crew chiefs, of what exactly these birds need to be combat ready by the time we drop out of warp space." Cradis, looking over the list, raised his eyebrows slightly, "I'm not sure I can just procure a plasma generator heatsink transducing element from the supply officer on this ship, Chief."
    "We'll just have to get creative, boss," the seasoned Valkyrie pilot said sagely. "Think outside of the box."

Two Valkyries of the 68th Imperial Navy Tactical Wing have been ordered to assist with the assault on Lutum. Commanded by junior Ensign Fyodor Cradis, the Valkyries will assist in transport and close combat support, as the Militarum needs apply.

Equipped with multiple rocket pods, the two Fast-Attackers weigh in at 270 points combined.

Good to see you pledging, the expedition will not want for aerial superiority! biggrin.png The entrants list is up to date once more.

Great to see some progress being made too and good progress at that well done, the artificers are out in force in Lutum it seems ;)

I wanted the fluff to match the level of abandonment these two poor valks have dealt with. They have been on top of my bookshelf for a year now, being neglected, covered in dust and cobwebs. i figured it was time I showed them some love.

Same here. It's really liberating to get them painted, though, so you have something to look forward to!

Recovering war machines for repurposing is doing the Emperor's work, though morrocomole's don't look too bad - nothing a duster couldn't fix :P Save the liberation talk for when Lutum is back in Imperial control though so get those vows finished ;)

Sadly, we're in a bit of a heatwave down here, so I've been delayed in even undercoating my contribution. It's expected to settle down later in the week, so I hope to get some progress pics up by the weekend.

What phase are we in currently? I'm actually thinking about jumping in, and I'm guessing that just like the ETL, vows must be legal units. I've got 2 chimeras, 2 leman russes, a squad of guardsmen and a couple heavy weapons teams that need painting, as well as a squad of kasrkin. I'll also have a vulture soon as well as a Commissar Yarrick. And ETL is still a ways off, and I'm not sure I'll have time when it rolls around.

You can vow anything you like for each phase, any single unit without any associated limitations - for example a Special Weapons Squad without the rest of the Platoon, or a Chimera with no squad to transport.

We are at Phase One

Just remember to leave something for the ETL ;)

You can vow anything you like for each phase, any single unit without any associated limitations - for example a Special Weapons Squad without the rest of the Platoon, or a Chimera with no squad to transport.

We are at Phase One

Just remember to leave something for the ETL msn-wink.gif

Well, I have some Kasrkin that got parted out to other squads (I put MT Vox packs on a few of them so I could trade out to other squads and actually have vox in my Kasrkin MT platoon). I still understand that quote as meaning that I can't just do single troopers.

I'll have some stuff for ETL not to worry. Hopefully a Baneblade, and some Ogryn/Bullgryn, and some more tanks. I'll be thinking about this. THough I suppose I can just say the Karkin are all one unit, and to ignore the backpacks (they had no backpacks when I got them).

Archived