Looks like we're collecting a lot of good work as ever, but don't forget that it's the completion that we need! Over a week left, push on to victory comrades! :D

Don't forget that everything can count to your write ups. Complete early? Eleventh hour completion? All can work into the final narrative... you're the master of your own fate - the commissariat will merely write it down msn-wink.gif

I have been playing around with thinning the paint by 50%, and I must say it scares me a little. I'm worried about how to get the paint from the container into my palette without wasting a single drop of this liquid gold laugh.png Does anyone have tips or tricks on how they thin GW paints ?

In this shot, the diluted "Mechanicus Standard Grey" has been applied to the wings and tail section, but because of lighting its difficult to tell. I am trying to go for a really rough, slap-dash look, as if they just threw on a coat of primer as an afterthought.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah197/Aaron_Joseph_Solley/20160122_200600_zps820xlkz6.jpg

Very good SP, I'd expect no less from a member of the Veteran Company...

Nice progress being made, always good to see so keep the topic updated with your updates soldiers! morroc, thinning paints depends on what you're trying to achieve? Usually a little bit of water as you're working to keep the paint at a good consistency is fine but any more than that you need to consider what you're aiming for. For example if you want a wash then you don't want to use water, but I'll leave such detailed advice to those who know more ;) Failing that the Forge is full of talented people who would be more than happy to share their tips :)

I have been playing around with thinning the paint by 50%, and I must say it scares me a little. I'm worried about how to get the paint from the container into my palette without wasting a single drop of this liquid gold laugh.png Does anyone have tips or tricks on how they thin GW paints ?

I use a mixture of GW and Vallejo paints. The big advantage of Vallejo paints is that they come in dropper bottles so the amount of paint used is far easier to control accurately. You can put GW paint into dropper bottles which you can buy online.

You can thin the paint in the bottle or use a wet palette to thin the paint. I use a mixture of Vallejo paint thinner and plain water and the only problem I have had is with white which has gone grainy after being stored for a while.

To get a rough and ready wash type effect, thin the paint down to a runny cream consistency and use a wide brush to drag the paint across the base colour. This should give the effect you are looking for but make sure you practice before committing on your model.

Kind of a last minute vow, but since i have a few free evenings ahead of me and only a single miniature to paint, i guess i can make it work.

I, TimmiABC, hereby pledge the forces of the 1st Vidarian, the "Hammerheads", under Sergeant Major Keeth to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of 1 Ministorum Priest at 25 Points will do their duty no matter the cost.

Here's the WIP shot of Confessor Grayson, who provides spiritual leadership and guidance to the soldiers of the 1st Vidarian:

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu227/ferrus-x/Confessor%20Grayson%20WIP_zpsehvjm7m7.jpg

Well done baz, a great completion. I will be updating the entrants list later today, I've two changes to make now let's see if we can't increase that thumbsup.gif

That's right, just this week left! We want to get the Campaign off to a good start so let's aim for as many completions as we can - a successful opening assault and landing will set a good foundation for the rest of the Campaign. Let's give the traitorous Governor Nadoun something to worry about msn-wink.gif

Am I too late to have a go at this?
Never done one before and need some painting motivation!

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u155/paullilly/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0208.jpg

I Guardsman, hereby pledge the forces of the 49th Cadian under Lieutenant Chip Kelly to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of 2 Armored Sentinels at 100 points will do their duty no matter the cost.

Can you get one quick enough to vow libris? ;)

The entrants list is up to date once more, 15 heroes in the making... we still need more completions recorded though. The fate of your Lutum hangs in the balance, it is possible for the crusade to fail so don't think you can slack off! Paint for victory!

Sadly, no. I seriously considered joining in on this but I have to spend what little free time I have finishing a thesis. I'm only about a fifth the way done and a finished rough draft is due in a month. Still, its nice to live vicariously through what I get to see on this forum.

Sadly, no. I seriously considered joining in on this but I have to spend what little free time I have finishing a thesis. I'm only about a fifth the way done and a finished rough draft is due in a month. Still, its nice to live vicariously through what I get to see on this forum.

A month, you say? Well, it just so happens there are two more phases after this, each a month long! Could always try your hand at one of those.

Two more phases you say? Ok, I'll be on board for those. I have an Arvus and a Sky Talon (or at least will in the later part) that I'll be painting to reward myself for, I hope, a job well done. I'll be following this for inspiration.

yesss, so keen to see some forgeworld air power in the upcoming phases.

Archived