For autocannons I use the same bit I use on bolters and the like because I'm lazy. A bit of poking with a knife and a round file and you get a nice barrel easily smile.png

Great work on completing Arcima. If you're looking for tips, better to take it to your WIP topic so more detail can be given but I'd start with getting more brushes. You want a selection of sizes for different roles, for example a fine brush for details and a larger one for washes. Larger flat brushes are good for tanks and other large surfaces.

For washes it depends on what you're aiming to do but usually it's a case of putting on a pretty good coat evenly and setting aside to dry. Looks like you're using greys on your Vendetta that would be better with Leadbelcher and a wash on but as I said, best taken to a specific topic for more expansive discussion thumbsup.gif

The entrants list is once more up to date, we're sitting at 50% which in commissariat speak is "not good enough". Press forwards to victory comrades, over a day remains so use this weekend to its fullest! Paint! You can rest when you're dead!

More reinforcements are required on the landing fields... 50% is not sufficient as we will need overwhelming force to retake Lutum.

The Emperor calls - will you act?

Phase one will finish soon.

One of the tactics used by Alcari hellhound crews is to rough up their tanks to appear as wrecks, sitting out in the open until something comes close to investigate. The investigators are soon roasted alive.
The crew of the hellhound below used this tactic extensively on its last deployment in a desert, often burying over 50% of the vehicle in sand to appear immobilized.

or, it was my first time using weathering powders and i might have overdone it a bit :)

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/RADU_LYKAN/imperial%20guard/hellhound1_zpskhpwwmpb.jpg

"who wants theirs well done?"

Vox capture from hellhound no.1, transmitted to the rest of the Alcari battalion deployed on Lutum during one of the opening engagements

<<Incoming Transmission>>

Subject: Reinforcements inbound

Regiment: 8th Jotunheim PanzerGrenadiers

I Ulrik Ironfist, Jarl of Jotunheim, send my famed 8th Panzergrenadiers to Lutum. For the glory of the Imperium, For the Allfather.

The Regiment:

The 8th Jotunheim Panzergrenadiers are inbound. They are a hard hitting combined arms regiment. They are experts in many forms of warfare, but excel in mountain and winter warfare. They hail from a frozen world near the Space Wolves Homeworld of Fenris, and have historically served as the guards of the Fang, as well as shock troops for the warriors of Fenris. They prefer to close with the enemy and destroy them at short range with massed fire from their mounted grenadiers and their tanks, while cutting off retreat with their air support.

The Commander: Marshal Lars Hammett (Commissar Yarrick model and rules)

Marshal Hammett has led the 8th Panzergrenadiers for many years, and they have excelled in many campaigns under his leadership. He has fought on many fronts against the foul xenos threat. Now he has been sent to bring his blitzkrieg to Lutum, and aid in bringing victory to the forces of the Imperium!

<<End Transmission>>

For phase 1 I vow 1 Infantry Squad (with vox, GL, and krak grenades for a total of 70 points) and a Vulture gunship (with TL lascannon, and 6x HK missiles, total 160 points).

* As an aside, My regiment hails from a world under the Space Wolves domain, hence why they call the emperor the Allfather, but they are indeed a guard regiment, as they supply troops under the imperial tithe.

I hope that satisfies the requirement, here's pictures:

Infantry squad:

WP 20160119 003

Vulture:

WP 20160129 001

I built the vulture last night and primed it this morning. I have not started painting it.

Mad like Mad Jack Churchill, who stormed normandy with a Claymore and a longbow! None the less I have Done it! I have been using my airbrush, and some of you may recall my blinding speed during the ETL last year, that was all by hand, Imagine what I can do with an airbrush!

Here's my proof:

Vulture:

WP 20160130 002

WP 20160130 003

Infantry Squad:

WP 20160130 004

I added the the 2-17 Cav's colors to the Vulture, just to give it an extra something.

Magnificent! This is why the Guard is something to be feared, great work comrades! Love the Sentinels and of course though this was an eleventh hour vow we know our Ulkrik so completion was already assured. Only one model per phase though, so I'm counting the Vulture - but the infantry may yet serve a purpose ;)

There's a lot of red on the entrants list now which the commissariat is noting down under "almost satisfactory". There are still many hours left before the final deadline for phase 1 though, so the few remaining still have their shot at joining the march to glory!

I'm sorry to report that the 83rd Horst have been delayed in transit.

It's after 11pm Sunday night here and I've barely had time to undercoat my sentinel this month.

So I am here to report my failure to the Commissariat. I doubt I'll be able to do phase 2 as I'm moving in a couple of weeks, but I hope to redeem myself in phase 3.

To those of you with completed vows (especially those who vowed sentinels) well done. Your efforts have been great, and I hope to use them to motivate me on the future.

Fluff as requested:

The 49th Cadian had become a laughing stock under Sgt Major Jim Tomsula. Renowned for achieving next to nothing, their inability to put up a good fight ended when Commissar Baalke ceremoniously executed Tomsula and installed Lt Chip Kelly. This bunch of parade ground chumps are currently being trained and drilled to achieve more for the honour of the emperor!

Renowned for his fast paced attacking strategies, honed in the imperial colleges before earning honours in the 'Philadelphia' campaign, Kelly has set his sights on reviving the fortunes of this formerly illustrious regiment. When the transmission came through requesting support for Lutum, Kelly seized his chance and immediately started scheming the defeat of the dreaded governor.

Uniforms are red and gold and vehicles are camouflaged in a martian desert style.

Well, darn, I guess I missed that part. Do count the Vulture, as that is the big one. Out of curiosity, would a squad and it's chimera transport count as one unit or would it count as 2. because I have in mind for one of the later phases to add some kasrkin with a chimera.

Im proud to say that the infantry platoon is alittle over half complete.  With the glory of his emperor inspiring me (with a bolt pistol on the back of my head), and the aid of caffeine, I have only 10 partially complete models to go.  WIP Pictures

IMG 0800

IMG 0802

IMG 0801

IMG 0803

Thank the emperor for air brushes

Best way of thinking about it is you can vow a single FOC choice from any Guard publication, but with the additional caveat in that you don't have to vow the entire choice if it is made up of more than one unit. So for example you could have a single Infantry Squad or two, as they're both part of a single FOC choice - or an entire Platoon! That means you can pledge a unit and their dedicated transport as well, as that would be part of the same functional unit smile.png

Great work so far Urzu, quick too which is just as well as the deadline approaches ever close... Looking forward to seeing the finished article. Before the deadline of course msn-wink.gif

Don't forget: 2000 GMT by the B&C's clock! Paint to victory!

Phase 1 of Assault on Lutum has ended! For those who missed the deadline phase 2 awaits and your first chance at redemption...

=][======================][=

Minister Nyels hurried as fast as his short legs could carry him down the cavernous corridors of the Palace, the gilded statues and reliefs serving to make his heavy steps echo all the more. Before him was his destination in the large twin doors to the Governor's suite. Only recently installed the solid gold facings depicted the Governor in many regal forms but today was no day to admire the exquisite workmanship.

"Open the door! I must speak-" Nyels's gasping sentence was cut abruptly short by dropping power halberds across the door.

"His Highness has decreed that no inter-"

"I know that you fool!" Nyels took his turn to interrupt, "Why else would you think I had to come here in person? It is of the highest importance, planetary security!"

The two guards exchanged looks before turning to the red faced man in front of them. Reluctantly they stood aside, but didn't help the little fat man as he attempted to push the doors to get in faster.

The suite was as luxurious as could be imagined, the smell of various scents and perhaps more lingered heavily. Quiet music strummed pleasantly in the background, countered only by some heavy, hurried footsteps and some giggling from the bedroom.

"My lord? My lord! It is I, Minister Nyels with the utmost importance in news!" he called out, as much as he dared not venture further as in haste.

"My my, look who it is. Minister Nyels!" a smooth voice emanated from the room and the governor emerged in his expensive Frapacian silk gown, decorated with yet more personal visages - this time of victory.

Nyels bowed low.

"To what do we owe this most dubious of pleasures?" Luars gestured his arm widely, glancing back to further mirth from the room.

"We - we are under attack! They have come!"

"Is that all? I am busy right now" Luars yawned, rolling his eyes dramatically.

"My lord! This is no time for games!"

Nyels waddled over to the holo display and pulled the various clothing and beverages off - Luars neatly taking a glass of wine first. With a few presses it hummed to life, displaying a recording of massive Imperial landers ominously descending to disgorge countless soldiers accompanied by Sentinels and Tauros that rushed forwards, weapons spitting death. Chimeras surged forth lead by Hellhounds pouring gouts of flames over the defenders before a wing of Valkyries thundered overhead unleashing their rockets to end the video in crashing static.

"Our interceptors have been shot down by their Vendettas, the Imperials have already taken Tore-"

"Tore Ekya and - presumably - on to Tore Metbol, yes?"

Nyels was momentarily silenced in shock.

"If you knew, then why-?" he stammered.

"Oh, no this is all news to me, but you see Tore Ekya is the perfect landing spot for an assault. If I were to happen to leave it ripe for the taking, then surely that is where the Imperials would land, no? And Tore Metval? A tactically sound next move too. Easy pickings I'm sure... but all according to plan. As we speak our defensive operations are no doubt in full swing and they will fall right into our trap!" Luars proclaimed loudly so that all would hear, as he circled the display regally, not spilling a drop of his wine.

"My lord! I had no idea - but there are so many, and our spies report they are lead by-"

"Did we not discuss this? We always knew that one day they would come, did you expect me to sit idly by? No, everything is as I planned. You worry too much. Now, I had that Coben beef you so desired delivered to your chef yesterday did I not? Go and enjoy it, next time we speak it will be to celebrate victory!" he passed the wine to Nyels and patted him encouragingly on the back - or perhaps more of a shove towards the doors.

Nyels was relieved, and made his excuses to leave. Yet for all his desire for the beef it couldn't settle the feeling deep within him that things were amiss. Yes, perhaps first a visit to the command room to make sure everything was in order? Then the beef, when he could relax safely in the knowledge that it was being dealt with...

I know its late, but I figured id finish and post the final squad.  This was a great inspiration to start my guard army and im proud i actually completed the squad (even if its a little late haha)  Ill join all you comrades in phase 2!

IMG 0805

IMG 0804

I Ulrik Ironfist pledge a squad of my PanzerGrenadiers to the conquest of Lutum. I vow 1 squad of Miltarum Tempestus Scions with vox caster, and 2 plasma guns with their chimera transport with recovery gear, for a total of 250 points.

WP 20160119 001

WP 20160117 004

Archived