HS.gif + Walls Fail, Fists Do Not! + HS.gif

gallery_45765_11565_278187.jpg

[+image source+]

+ + + + +

"Since the dawn of the Imperium, the VIIth Legion was known for its mastery of siegecraft. During the glorious Great Crusade, the Imperial Fists were tasked with defending Terra, birthworld of Mankind. They were elevated above their brothers to make sure the bastion of Humanity was safe from any threat. Alongside this unique honour, they were also deployed on battlefields where their brother Legions could not succeed without great loss of life and equipment. The Fists fell upon enemy fortifications like a hammer, blasting their way through rock and steel to make way for the armies of the Emperor. They were also the last line of defence when the thrice-cursed Horus led his corrupted Legions to assault Terra and successfully held the Traitors at bay for months on end.
After the Heresy and the rise of the Codex Astartes, the Imperial Fists and their successors are still the undisputed masters of siege warfare. Despite a large number of Chapters finding other areas of bloody expertise, no Son of Dorn has truly forgotten the art of siegecraft and will always stand ready to raise new bastions or tear down the walls behind which the enemies of Mankind cower."

+ + + + +

Introduction

With the dust having finally settled from the last Imperial Fists Expansion, it is now time to move on to our next event! This one shall be shorter and in many ways easier than the aforementioned challenge. The idea is for each participant to create a model which represents the Dornian passion and expertise in all areas of siege warfare. Whether you choose to create a Crimson Fist Battle-Brother with a breacher shield or Interdictor Assault Marine with a scenic base representing a blasted Imperial fortress, it is up to you! The limits are your imagination, not the wargear options of the Codex: Space Marines !

Rules
  • Pledge: You must vow to fully assemble and base a single infantry-sized model by 12:00 GMT on Sunday 17th January. The model does not have to be "Codex-legal" and may include items of wargear that are not a part of Codex: Space Marines or the Horus Heresy army lists. An infantry-sized model means a model in Artificer/Power/Scout/Terminator armour. Point values for the models are completely irrelevant for this challenge.
Note: The thread will automatically lock once the deadline is reached but shall be re-opened shortly afterwards for the final announcement and rewards.

Awards

Each completed vow gives a single point towards your total in the Hall of Heroes (incoming). If you choose to paint your model and successfully do so before the deadline or if you add a piece of fluff about the model (of at least 50 words), an extra point shall be awarded. If you paint the model and write a piece of fluff, you will receive two extra points.

Signature banners

gallery_45765_11565_11549.png or gallery_45765_11565_4862.png

List of Participants[...]

Well you mentioned my DIY in there so I have no choice....

I, Brother SP, vow to work towards my redemption from my countless failures by completing and basing a single infantry sized model before the 31st January for the Glory of the Interdictors, Dorn, and Him on Terra!

I, Dosjetka, Son of Dorn, Member of the glorious VIIth Legion, Overseer of the Phalanx, do pledge to fully assemble and base an infantry-sized model symbolising glorious siege warfare. This I shall accomplish before the given deadline which is blessed by both Rogal Dorn and the Emperor of Mankind.

If I succeed in my task, I shall return to my brothers in the hallowed halls of the Phalanx with much honour. If I should fall during this endeavour, let my corpse go unburied, and be eaten by the carrion birds that flock over the field of battle.

For the Emperor!

I, Reclusiarch Krieg, a Son of Dorn and follower of Sigismund, faithful servant of Him on the Golden Throne, solemnly vow to accept this challenge and assemble, magnetize, and base a single 5-man unit of Cataphractii Terminator infantry visible below and then paint it unto the following livery.

http://i.imgur.com/ROrDLfu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/paHge7A.jpg

As a month's deadline is sufficient for lesser Chapters, this Black Templar will achieve victory within a week of this vow, by the end of the standard Terran day of 10.016.M03.

So help me Dorn, follow my +ZEAL+ or move out of the way.

Sorry I can not participate on this one. I fractured my foot and unable to access my hobby area. Best of luck to everyone. For Dorn!!!!!

So that's your excuse? msn-wink.gif

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/2/7/461317_sm-Artwork,%20Contemptor%20Dreadnought,%20Surfing.png

I had never thought that Templars couldn't read the rules properly. It's probably the zeal that blinds you so msn-wink.gif

Oh, I know it's a single infantry sized model. If you guys really need to, count it as five vows, fine with me.

+ ZEAL WITH IT +

But five is better then one

Sooo he is doing five times as many pledges as the Reston us

Yes. And it's not like it's my last pledge this month, either.

Also I'm in

Great! smile.png

They still only count as one msn-wink.gif

http://i.imgur.com/8aeKaXj.jpg

Dss7: I wish you a full and speedy recovery, brother! And there shall be plenty of events throughout the year, so you're not missing out on much thumbsup.gif

Disruptor: I'll admit that I would prefer that you pledge another model than your Captain smile.png Also, you may vow multiple times but only your first vow will count for points.

Helias: Welcome, brother!

BBJ: Welcome, brother! And no, your model can be whatever rank you choose it to be. If you're asking because I suggested Disruptor choose another model, it was because it is mounted on a bike, not because it's a Captain :)

The_Chaplain: I very much look forward to seeing what a converter of your level will create for this :tu:

Fist vow finished:   (and i would hereby like to announce my second vow as well)

12493454_929888383760881_89064331875209012496408_929888380427548_30792763360535012491981_929888377094215_341662006966269

Veteran brother Markus has earned his place among the Chapters heroes after displaying courage and tenacity above the norm.
A brother in the 4th company 2nd tactical squad his task was to hold back the enemy tide with cleansing flame. A duty he had always performed with zeal and dedication.

He racked in many a kills with his trusted flamer, but it was at the battle of Fergals Gorge in the Meladrin campaign that he earned his veterancy.  

Having lost most of his brothers and guardsmen allies holding the right flank, it was his wall of flame that denied the greenskins a way through.
Shouting defiance and hate at the greenhorde trying to push though their line did brother Markus hurl flame after flame, scorching many xenos before they could reach the line.
And even after his flamer ran dry did he hold with combat blade and bolt pistol in hand and a score of greenskin dead lay at his feet at the end.
Now veteran brother Markus fights on, wearing a hallowed suit of terminator armour and using a heavy flamer to ever purify the foes of mankind with flame.

And those that hide inside bunkers shall not be safe after he carves open a hole with his chainfist large enough to fit the nozzle of his heavy flamer and burn all inside. 

A tactic he has employed many times since his ascension, and to great effect.

It's just assembly? Count me in. 

EDIT: 

I, SonofCarnelian, Son of Dorn, Descendant of the glorious VIIth Legion, Honor-bound of the Phalanx, do pledge to fully assemble and base an infantry-sized model symbolizing glorious siege warfare. This I shall accomplish before the given deadline which is blessed by both Rogal Dorn and the Emperor of Mankind. If I succeed in my task, I shall return to my brothers in the hallowed halls of the Phalanx with much honor. If I should fall during this endeavor, let my corpse go unburied, and be eaten by the carrion birds that flock over the field of battle.

Time for a proper vow then!

I, Disruptor_fe404, Dornian son, Successor of the VIIth Legion by the Fourth Founding, pledge to fully assemble and base an infantry-sized model symbolizing glorious siege warfare. This I shall accomplish before the given deadline which is blessed by both Rogal Dorn and the Emperor of Mankind.

I, The_Chaplain, Dornian son, Successor of the VIIth Legion by the Fourth Founding, pledge to fully assemble and base an infantry-sized model symbolizing glorious siege warfare. This I shall accomplish before the given deadline which is blessed by both Rogal Dorn and the Emperor of Mankind.

Archived