By Heresy Torn Asunder - Update 6/4 Vindicator

Flashes.
The rumbling thunder of guns, echoing across the killing fields.
Bursts of fire, tumbling down from the heavens.

Ixion sat in reflection, brooding on his command throne, staring out the viewport at the planet below. Istvaan V had been one of the hardest things he'd been required to do while in command. Countless brothers from their fellow Legions put to the sword. Thankfully, they hadn't been chosen to stay, pursuing their shattered brethren like hounds. That alone might break the Company, shaken as it was after the massacre.

The Company.....
His brothers. Confused by events, angry, lashing out at the smallest provocation. He'd even received reports of a legionary butchering a dozen serfs over a bulkhead scratch, like one of Curze's maniacs.
What should he do now? What did the Company deserve, betrayal of the Primarch, the Warmaster, their brothers? Or stay the path, destroying and tearing down all they had fought to build, all they had bled for, sacrificed for?

No. They needed to stand as one. United. They would stay loyal to the Primarch, his orders, no matter the cost, be it body, soul or conscience. He pressed the control to open the chambers doors, summoning those who waited without.

Velis entered the chamber, trailed by several lower-ranked officers.
"Brother," he called out. "Have you made a decision?"
From the throne, Ixion stood. "Yes brothers." He paused, as if in thought.
"Today, we fight for the Primarch! For the Warmaster!"
Silence fell across the room, the last words spoken echoing faintly.
As one, the assembled officers drew their sidearms, all aimed towards the throne.

Velis sighed, mournful.

"No, brother. For the Emperor."

• 3 weeks later...

Prelim pics, should have better ones up later. Enjoy.

3rd Tactical, Squad Lukan.

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q638/SalvationOfReason/3rdTacticalx2_zpsu3guifdg.png

From Left to Right - Legionaries Sanath, Luin, Narman, Jaimi and Hakan.

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q638/SalvationOfReason/3rdTacticalx1_zpsc4kxbnnf.png

From Left to Right - Legionaries Cinyras, Keteus, Tagus Lukan, jal-Toran, and Pareto.

I like that

I feel like there should have been a ship or two that did that

Agreed, I always felt that among the Traitor Legions the Iron Warriors should really have had the most elements that remained loyal given how poorly Perturabo treated his men, throwing them into meat grinders again & again and brutally executing anyone who failed or questioned his orders. Honestly I would've thought whole companies & garrisons should've turned on him if only out of sheer spite, Warsmiths like Barabas Dantioch being commonplace rather than rare oddities.

All the other traitor Primarchs commanded far more loyalty than the Lord of Iron, even the more damaged ones like Mortarion who was shown to have a fond if somewhat awkward relationship with his sons, Angron grew rather close with his World Eaters once they (willingly, I should point out) accepted the Nails, hell, even the Night Lords had more reason to follow Kurze than rebel if only because he would only viciously mutilate a few of them at a time unlike Perts, whose first act as Primarch of the IV was to force nine-tenths of his legion to brutally murder the remaining tenth, just to show them he meant business.

What I'm aiming to do is create, fluff-wise and model-wise, a force that is at odds with itself. Some are torn between conflicting loyalties to Terra, Olympia, or the Primarch, others are loyal to their brothers and their brothers alone. Being fed into meat grinder wars, left behind to 'garrison' worlds, forced to kill brothers they'd fought with for years, both when Perturabo shows up and later during the Dropsite Massacre, even an Astartes would show signs of strain. They might be superhuman, but being human isn't all about strengths, we have weaknesses too.

• 1 month later...

Chapter I
                                                                                                                     A Swiftly Burning Fortress

"Forwards to death!"

His challenge had become a war cry. Around him, everything was burning. Zhasyn kept charging forwards, directing his men towards rapidly created breach points, dust barely settling from the blasts before a shield-team made its way through. Flashes of color, armored figures in white and blue, charged, roaring and screaming. No matter how fast, how ferocious they were, each fell back reeling, plate rent or limbs missing. More and more came, and fell, rapid-firing mass reactives punching holes through thrice-bloodied armor.

Blade parrying the frenzied swings of a chainaxe, Zhasyn's foot lashed out, driving his full weight onto the World Eater's knee. A popping sound echoed off the chamber walls, audible even over the noise of pitched battle. The Eater fell back, groaning, in pain or frenzy-induced delirium, he'd never know. A quick thrust through an eyepiece ended the duel. Whirling about to find another foe, Zhasyn found an unsettling quiet had permeated the chamber, the enemy dead or dying. "Get an apothecary up here, harvest the dead immediately. Remaining shield-teams, reinforce the breaches, ensure none are left."  Ordering men to field-strip the dead, he began to do the same until an approaching figure caught his eye.

"Brother," he greeted. "This barely reinforced pit is ours. New orders come down the line, or can we finally leave this wretched place?"

Nicias, pistons and gears wheezing away, came to a halt in front of him. A series of clicks and blurts of static emitted from the vox-coder embedded where a jaw would go, before blurring into recognizable speech. "Fortress. Ours. -bzzt- Th-th-the Brass Prince sends compliments. Orders. We. Are. Leaving. Fall back. Drop-ship." As he spoke, remaining squads began to file out, their vox  picking up and re-transmitting the orders. Whirring, Nicias turned, plodding back towards the first breach. Zhasyn grunted acknowledgement. 

"Nicias." 

The Vox-Master halted, half-turning. "Yes?"

"You really need to get that fixed," Zhasyn said, his smirk audible even through his helm.

"...-bzzt-..."

End

Well. it's been over a month since I last posted here. Never fret, I've been working, and, after assembling and basing some more tacticals, I gave myself a well-deserved break, and, digging through my bitz box and B@C, made myself two HQ choices (as I realized I had yet to do so for the army, d'oh).

Zhasyn turned into my first foray in reposing legs, and I like how it turned out. I remember trying to do something similar years ago, and just utterly failing at it. The right tools really do make a difference.

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q638/SalvationOfReason/WiP_Cent2_zpsvctc3bih.png

Zhasyn Aristarchus, Swordbound member of the Dimachaerus

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q638/SalvationOfReason/WiP_Cent_MoS_01_zps2n74p35c.png

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q638/SalvationOfReason/WiP_MoS1_zpsaeql5afc.png

Nicias, Vox-Master to the 5th Mobile Assault, 147th Grand Company, IVth Legion

EDIT - Well, I kinda goofed. Forgot that a Master of Signal can't tale a bolter or power fist. And I done and gone put both on what was going to be my MoS >< Ah well. 

• 2 months later...

ETL!

I vow the following: 

- Havocs - x5, 185 base, + Missile Launchers 5 pts/ea. Sgt with AA. 
Total: 220
- Legion Centurion 50pts; Siegebreaker 45 pts; Phosphex Bombs x3 30 pts: 
AA 10 pts; Refractor Shield 10 pts: Thunder Hammer 25 pts: Volkite Charger (CHOOM!!!) 10 pts:
Total: 180 
- Legion Vindicator 120 pts : Dozer Blade 5 pts: Armoured Ceramite 20 pts: Auxiliary Drive 10 pts: Extra Armor 10 pts.
Total: 165

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q638/SalvationOfReason/Vindi_4_zpsbf22rjyc.png

Alpheidaes, Vindicator
Attached to 5th Mobile Assault, 147th Grand Company, IVth Legion.

And a WIP for ETL. C&C is truly welcome.

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q638/SalvationOfReason/Havoc_WIP1_zpsobjejyan.png

Very nice IVth Legion! (Especially since they're loyalist IVth...)

I'll admit, I was skeptical when I first saw the grey on their shoulders and weapons, but it actually looks very cool, and is really unique for an IW force. biggrin.png The blue on the eye lenses and plasma guns is gorgeous.

Subbed for sure.

Archived