Riot Earps Blood Angels and Imperial Allies

Riot Earp

Had a small 1500 game with my Azure Fist (My Pedro is painted inverse). I used the Imperial Fist Doctire and fielded Pedro San along with an lieutenant, an librarian and an acient with the relic banner an deredeo, one Mortis with double autocannon and one whirlwind hyperios. Also i wanted to try out some Primaris for the first time.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [61 PL, 1000pts] ++

+ HQ [19 PL, 347pts] +

Lieutenants [4 PL, 68pts]
. Lieutenant [4 PL, 68pts]: Lightning Claw [8pts]

Pedro Kantor [9 PL, 170pts]

+ Troops [17 PL, 230pts] +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 100pts]: Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor [80pts], Intercessor Sergeant [20pts]

Scout Squad [6 PL, 65pts]
. Scout Sergeant [11pts]
. 3x Scout w/Boltgun [33pts]
. Scout w/Heavy Weapon [21pts]: Heavy bolter [10pts]

. Scout Sergeant [11pts]
. 3x Scout w/Boltgun [33pts]
. Scout w/Heavy Weapon [21pts]: Heavy bolter [10pts]

+ Elites [4 PL, 69pts] +

Primaris Ancient [4 PL, 69pts]: Standard of the Emperor Ascendant

+ Elites [14 PL, 237pts] +

Relic Deredeo Dreadnought [14 PL, 237pts]: Anvillus autocannon battery [50pts], Atomantic pavaise [35pts], Twin heavy bolter [17pts]

+ Fast Attack [13 PL, 244pts] +

Attack Bike Squad [3 PL, 64pts]
. Attack Bike [3 PL, 64pts]: Multi-melta [27pts], Twin boltgun [2pts]

Inceptor Squad [10 PL, 180pts]: Assault bolter [90pts], 2x Inceptor [60pts], Inceptor Sergeant [30pts]

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines)

Librarian [6 PL, 109pts]: 2) Might of Heroes, 6) Null Zone, Boltgun, Force axe [16pts]

+ Heavy Support [8 PL, 110pts] +

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 110pts]: Armorium Cherub [5pts]
. Space Marine Sergeant [13pts]
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon [23pts]: Heavy bolter [10pts]

+ Heavy Support [15 PL, 262pts] +

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought [9 PL, 172pts]
. Two twin autocannons [66pts]: 2x Twin autocannon [66pts]

Whirlwind Hyperios [6 PL, 90pts]

++ Total: [90 PL, 1499pts] ++

cxMDFXv.jpg

We both played a shooty list. My opponent fielded Chaos (Alpha legion) also with some forgeworld Stuff (Hellforged Scorpius, Contemptor and two laser rapiers)

AaSuF09.jpg

We played (stealing maelstorm objektives) won the throw to start but he stole the initiative but of the cost from two command points.

He fired everything at my Deredeo wo made no save but all shooting did only 5 wounds. Dread attacked my scouts eliminating only 3.

Scoring no first blood and no cards.

In my turn i wanted to null zone the contemptor but was one " short. I then smited him two wounds off.

Then the deredeo and everything beside the hyperion and rifledread fired at the Contemptor to finish him off. The Hyperios put 6 wounds on the rhino of the warpsmith.

The Interceptor aussault bolters and the rifledread killed 4 tacticals and one from another squad. The last lasertactical decided to ran away.

I tried to catch the rapiers in cc with the interceptors but wiffed despite a reroll.

That got me first blood and i could fullfill 2 objektive cards.

In hi turn he started to shoot and wiffed every single important hit rol. He had an chaoslord for rerolling ones but rolled to many twos.

He played the scorpius wrong (which i realized hours after the battle) trowing only 2 d3 instead 3d3. Rolling only two hits in a row. (scorpius can shoot twice if stand still) and killing only one interceptor in his round he conceded. It was okay because it would have been just cleaning the table after such a bad round.

Victory in Round two for the Azure Fists.

I post this list here because i could have played nearly the same list with blood angels just switching pedro for dante as i used no stratagem. Okay the "you gain no cover from my shooting" chapter tactic is hughe. I like it more than the -1 to hit bubble as nearly every army has some kind of rerolls to negate this ability a bit. I´m exited what our bloody brothers get as special tactic. (please dont suck!)

Well on Satursday is an Tournament where i´ll try a list including Malakim Phoros.

The competition is strong and i know i will see a lot of guard players out there. Scouts are in for screening from deep strike assaulters and obliberators.

Decided not to take my spartan as if he get blown up a good bunch of my army is gone.

Rerolling 1´s with dreads hitting on 2´s and reroll woundings i think my list can dish out some pain but will it be enough?

+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [94 PL, 1650pts] +++
++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - (Red) Lamenters) [61 PL, 1235pts] ++

+ HQ [10 PL, 205pts] +

Malakim Phoros (Warlord – Trait = Legendary Fighter) [10 PL, 205pts]

+ Elites [19 PL, 322pts] +

Relic Deredeo Dreadnought [14 PL, 237pts]: Anvillus autocannon battery [50pts], Atomantic pavaise [35pts], Twin heavy bolter [17pts]

Culexus Assassin [5 PL, 85pts]

+ Fast Attack [6 PL, 90pts] +

Tarantula Sentry Gun [3 PL, 45pts]
. Tarantula Sentry Gun [3 PL, 45pts]: Twin assault cannon [35pts]

Tarantula Sentry Gun [3 PL, 45pts]
. Tarantula Sentry Gun [3 PL, 45pts]: Twin assault cannon [35pts]

+ Heavy Support [32 PL, 618pts] +

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought [9 PL, 172pts]
. Two twin autocannons [66pts]: 2x Twin autocannon [66pts]

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought [9 PL, 206pts]: Cyclone missile launcher [50pts]
. Two Kheres assault cannons [50pts]: 2x Kheres assault cannon [50pts]

Devastator Squad [7 PL, 120pts]: Armorium Cherub [5pts]
. Space Marine [13pts]: Boltgun

. Space Marine [38pts]: Boltgun, Lascannon [25pts]

. Space Marine Sergeant [13pts]: Boltgun

Devastator Squad [7 PL, 120pts]: Armorium Cherub [5pts]
. Space Marine Sergeant [13pts]: Boltgun

++Patrol Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Lamenters) [27 PL, 415pts] ++

+ HQ [5 PL, 81pts] +

Captain [5 PL, 81pts]: Master-crafted boltgun [3pts], Power sword [4pts]

+ Troops [12 PL, 130pts] +

. Scout [11pts]: Boltgun
. Scout [21pts]: Boltgun, Heavy bolter [10pts]
. Scout Sergeant [11pts]: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

. Scout [21pts]: Boltgun, Heavy bolter [10pts]
. Scout Sergeant [11pts]: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

+ Dedicated Transport [10 PL, 204pts] +

Razorback [5 PL, 102pts]: Storm bolter [2pts], Twin assault cannon [35pts]

Razorback [5 PL, 102pts]: Storm bolter [2pts], Twin assault cannon [35pts]

++ Total: [94 PL, 1650pts] ++ 4 Command Points

Created with BattleScribe (
https://battlescribe.net)

Other army lists can be found here.

https://www.gw-fanworld.net/showthread.php/235395-W%C3%BCrfelg%C3%B6tter-Turnier-Nr-31-(-Armeelisten-)

Well tourney is over i lost very hard against an mortarion list with 4 Deamonprinces 40 Brimstones and some Obliberators which killed me two units the turn they dropped. Lost 0:20

Culexus was good to bind two deamonprinces two turns and deny psy.

J9WoUNq.jpg

7Em9jKH.jpg

uS5SWDP.jpg

0PtUNvm.jpg

Second game was even worse as it was against mortarion magnus and the Chaos wheelchair.. lost 0:20

VKvfDhJ.jpg

Last game was against astra miliwhat (guard) with a shadowsword (i saw 4 on the entire tournament!) pask, an basilisk and mantikore and many infantry.

I seized the ini and blasted the shadowsword into oblivion first turn. At this point it was just cleaning up the plate as i could bind pask with my razorback and then shot him.

I won this 20:0 so at least i did earn some tournament points ^^#

8tIcUZQ.jpg

Fmj2wdS.jpg

WUj6oSF.jpg

kZphkR6.jpg

Sadly i could have played this list with marines and gulliman but i refuse to field him.

I wish i could play a more blood angel like list on tournaments with Sanguard and DC have high hopes on the codex but on the other side it is a long way since the ba where realy good in the meta. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So i had my first Codex game based on the roumored point cost and ruleleaks.

Batallion
118 "Captain  (Artizan of war) (Death Visions of Sanguinus) (Veritas Vitae)w/Thunder Hammer/Jump Pack 
"
57 Techmarine
55 Bolter Scouts
55 Shotguns Scouts
60 CC Scouts, Power Axe
Flyer 362 Fire Raptor - 2x Quad Heavybolter, 2x Twin Lascannon

Spearhead 187 Librarian Dread Melter
99 Sanguinary Ancient  (Standard of Sacrifice)w/Angelus Boltgun/Power Fist
210 6 Sanguinary Guard  (280pts)
80 Lucius Drop pod
215 Relic Sicaran 2 Lascannon

Sorry for the format but i had to do this in excel.

I played against World Eaters

1 Lord (Naked)
1 Warpsmith with harnish and one melter
2 x 5 Berzerker 
1 x 10 Cultist
2 Laser tentaklemonster Hellbrutes
1 AssLas Predator
1 Defiler 
1 Landraider

So 10 Lascannons and some cc stuff. He told me that he had origin 16 lascannons but toned it down as i said we would have an cc heavy slaughterfest. Well i did not lied. :)

We played eternal war mission 3 (1,2,2,2,2,4 Marker)

He got first turn. I did not managed to seize.
He shot my sicaran two wounds of and then concentratet his fire on my Fireraptor.
He lost 7 wounds but was stil on his good profile. He charged one zerkersquad into my scouts i infiltrated in the near of his deployment zone.
He took the bait and embarked and also slaughtered them.

So i shocked everything i had in reserve in front of his Landraider and Brute.  (Cap, Acient, Libbydread, Sangard.)
Raptor flewed in the captain bubble and shot the zerkers with the bolters and dished a good amount of damage into the land raider.
Sicaran shoot also into the LR but i only manged it to bring him down to 5 wounds. Librari (my first 13" charge!)
Acient and Captain wiffed the charge. I killed the brute with the librarian and one sanguard with fist.
I dished the land raider with the oder guards down to 4 wounds. (guard was still in range of the banner). Not to forget the techmarine who repaired the sicaran back to 13 wounds.

So he disembarked his zerkers to went infront of my captain and acient. 
He then needed 6 lascannon shots on my libby to destroy him. Lord ran into his shooty units to buff them. the Warpsmith (warlord) shot also into the libby and charged the guard.
Another hellbrute and the defiler charged also into the sanguard. I lost only 2 in the fight due the 2+ and many 5+++ saves thanks to the banner. I also got one command point back after spending two to countercharge with my guard. His Zerkers charged. one died in the overwatch of the acient (sweet angelus bolter <3)
They only charged the acient and only did two wounds on him. in the countercharge all zerkers died mainly by Mr. Facesmash. :D 

On my turn the guards stood in combat to do some damage in the fight phase. Captain and acient joined in to kill the Warlord and the Hellbrute (Mr. Facesmash <3). Hellbrute explodes and took another sangard with him.

The Fireraptor concentrated his fire on the predator and killed him. Making him exploding to wound his Chaoslord(3Wounds) and 3 kultist. The Sicaran finished the Landraider.

On his turn he got lucky that i did not bind his defiler. His lucky shots killed the raptor. He did a fine job till then and thanked me with a six to take the Lord with him in his explosion. 
His Defiler wiffed his hits and i hammered him to trash with the captain. (Damage 4 Hammer <3)

After that he only had 7 cultist and one lonly rhino on the field so he conceded. Win for the Blood Angels! 

Oh boy. this game was fun. the rolls could have turned the tide but i had many good rolls and my opponent had many ones and twos. His only mistake was to charge only the acient and to not concentrate his attacks on him. The Captains countercharge destroyed so much. It felt like an blood angels army has to feel on the battlefield. I´m totaly fine with the codex.
Sure they wont win big cups on tournaments but boy the can put a dent into some armys.

Here are the pictures from the battle. (Picture Heavy)

Yc3gRO7.jpg
gkSOhmP.jpg
sRbIl8d.jpg
dYYawgH.jpg
kVRldeS.jpg
9KjP7mj.jpg
kCB0kI3.jpg
42AIpWm.jpg
tlC1ljZ.jpg
p0pEVT9.jpg
RGa05T4.jpg
sjWKT9p.jpg
cDHBZJf.jpg

We got two things wrong. I counted the whole unit as in 6" of the banner as it is only models within 6"

That would have caused two more causualties. On the other side i forgott that the libby dread is an character. My opponent would have been able only to shoot the melter @ my dread (which he wiffed). So instead the Dread would have had another round of CC so it would had been an equal outcome. :)

We got two things wrong. I counted the whole unit as in 6" of the banner as it is only models within 6"

That would have caused two more causualties. On the other side i forgott that the libby dread is an character. My opponent would have been able only to shoot the melter @ my dread (which he wiffed). So instead the Dread would have had another round of CC so it would had been an equal outcome. :smile.:

Libby dreads are characters but the wounds are less than 10 so not a viable target unless it is the closest model. It's kinda/sorta why people are so salty over them.

Yes i forgott about that. He was good with his -4 AP as my opponent throws many sixes(Alpha legion dice)

Saying so your Hellbrute takes 6 damage without a save is so satisfying. :D

I hesitated to put the deathvision of sanguinus on my captain. Do it as often as you can when you run him as Hammercaptain (+1Damage). He es a real killer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had today against my friend which brought his chaos army. 

He played them as renegades.

2 Princes (Slaneesh, Khorne, 2 Hellbrutes, 2 Maulerfiends, 1 Laspred one defiler, 3 bikes with 2 flamer and 5 noisemarines with bassblaster.

5hcn6Vu.jpg

5zAP1G7.jpg

XJLhJGA.jpg

OgmE4SG.jpg

We played the new mission dominate and destroy from chapter approved.

He got first turn and threw everything forward. I made a mistake in positioning as my warlord dread and the leviathan where in charge range after warptiming one maulerfiend.

He got 5 wounds of from my leviathan and two from one quad gun. 

Thank sanguinus he did not make the charge despite one reroll. :sweat:

In my turn mephiston jumped into his lines with wings of sanguinus.

Leviathan shot his flamers  @ the maulerfiend and wiped the bikersquad with one stormcannon and reduced one hellbrute to 4 wounds with the other.

Shooting from both quad guns killed only one noise marine.

DC dropped in and took 3 wounds with its bolters from the other hellbrute. 

They wiffed their charge despite reroll but lemartes made it in. Pushing the hellbrute down to 1 wound.

The Maulerfiend infront of my chappy dread got softend by shots and then got ripped appart from the four damge fist from the cappy.

Mephiston charged the hellbrute with 4 wounds and manged only to took 3. he then got smashed from the brute. i pushed the stratagem card and let mephi attack one last time.

He made 3 wounds but the brute managed to hold them all (3 sixes holy moly!) There goes my chief librarian and my two command points.

Interseccors consolidated onto the objektive in the middle and i scored 3 points + first blood.

Zkjq5bG.jpgI0wt1z1.jpguEa9t4M.jpg

In his round he shot one quad cannon and pushed the rest of the shooting into the dc which lost only 2! (made one double 6 fnp) He then charged the leviathan with his slaneesh prince (warptime again). charged my intercessors with his hellbrute and his prince charged the dc. The last maulerfiend charged my chaplain dread.

bfNJLQN.jpgbnVz3Gi.jpgJtrTm2p.jpgGjGKqB4.jpg

He began with lemartes and he survived with his two wounds. Lemartes then stomped the dread into the ground.

The prince did only two wound to the leviathan. The hellbrute killed two primaris. Maulerfield took two wounds from the chappy dread and got tasty 12 wounds back from the chappys blessed fist. Intercessors did not manage to took the last wound from the hellbrute. The khorne prince killed 5 dc and got then smashed from 2 hammers. The fist did even not need to finish him. :wub: Lemartes consolidated into the dc so i lose only one. so i did more damage in the enemys round as in my own!

he scored 2 points.

here stood a daemon prince.

hmpkQO1.jpg

In my round i moved closer to the predator with my dc and backed up with my leviathan out of combat.

Chappy dread moved so he could flame the one wound hellbrute and charge the daemon prince.

sadly my flames and the rest of shooting did nothing. So i charged the prince with the chappy dread and wiped him out. 

DC Killed the Pred and took the objektive (could have destroyed it for d3 vp damn! Well new rules and we have to learn it the hard way) 

a1WCWFc.jpgng21qaD.jpgyMiM1yj.jpg

In his round he pushed the leviathan down to 3 wounds and killed my chappy dread with the one wound hellburte! 

The Chappy blew up and took the hellbrute with him. :tongue.:  He also wounded two intercessorsquads and the levi. :/

PjIdJUy.jpgobMgOEC.jpg

In my round the levi killed 3 noisemarines and they took 2 primaris marines with em.

In his round he finished the levi off and took one wound of the primaris seargent on the middle objektive.

I shot the seargent and my opponent conceded as he could not win the donwhillbattle with just his defiler as i would have scored more points each round as he could have killed units.

At the end i took the lead with 15 to 10 VP.

Solid win for the blood angels!

4cyzmMi.jpg

Archived