Thank you kindly. May many a blood soaked skull roll your way as well. ;)

They are a little bit tedious to put together but a really fun model to paint. I have one more sitting in the wings but I have to get some 'low level' stuff done already like my possessed, bloodletters, and a rhino for starters!

Thank you.

I've been juggling too many projects at once... Ultra's, Grey Knights and Daemonkin. And with the Daemonkin I have 3 projects going at once just because of how the colouring is working out for me. So I hope to have up the Jugg Lord, and a Rhino shortly. Although Spawn aren't far behind, and just putting finishing touches on the Bloodletters that have been used in my last 2-3 games.

The boys together again, for the first time!

gallery_2760_11609_64926.jpg

And a teaser for the next game....

No one is walking away from this one without a few cuts and bruises. The Ork Warlord and 12 bikers vs Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (D-thirster). Wanna take any bets before I spill the beans?

gallery_2760_11609_616497.jpg

That Juggerlord is lovely. I have the same model in metal that I'd like to 40k, although I'm struggling to find a way to put a backpack on without hacking the model, how did you do yours? I may have to just spend loads of money on Skullcrushers and convert one from that and leave the metal one for AoS....

Love your stuff Prot. That Juggerlord is fantastic, the red pops really nicely. A really lovely paint job!

Can I ask, how did you highlight the red?

Thank you. Basically I airbrush the reds in layers, and take it down a notch with washes, then airbrush brighter edges. Finally when I'm okay with the base red look, I'll go in with a fiery orange which I wet blend with reds and just kind of eyeball the edge highlights.

But all of the reds I use are vallejo. They're similar to Khorne reds and Mephiston reds though. 

And the mighty D. The Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage:

gallery_2760_11609_291886.jpg

gallery_2760_11609_146966.jpg

gallery_2760_11609_201666.jpg

I know you guys like bigger pictures which obviously expose my issues, but these seem pretty big, and still unfortunately my camera doesn't seem to pick up the reds as rich as I think they are in real life... oh well. Also there are some nice subtle greens from the Nihilak oxide paint I often use on my beaten up Brass stuff... but it's almost non-existent in the pictures (it's easy to over do it but I have a technique I like.)

The challenge with this D-thirster was doing a scheme that looked different enough from my Fury Thirster without looking like it didn't belong in the same 'family' as the other bloodthirster.

I spent a lot of time on the skin tones and wings especially. I'm probably going to guess I kept going over the wings with several different ideas until I was happy.... I'm guessing about 10 hours alone on the wings. But I'm happy with him.

It's been a BIIIIG week for my KDK. A few games have happened, and I managed to finish two projects! (The first being the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage).

May I present the much maligned - Death Knell - A squad used in every campaign conducted by Vurkoze. Often hunting only the highest prize, in gladitorial battles to win favour with the Blood God. Of course to demoralizing the enemy's soldiers by butchering their favoured warriors doesn't hurt either.

gallery_2760_11609_103519.jpg

gallery_2760_11609_355450.jpg

Thanks for noticing that. I experiment in my colours a lot and believe it or not the subtle purples are inspired by my dice which are red/purple. Lol

So I thought what the heck. This could work. As you can tell it's more dominant in my latest Bloodthirster.

So what do you call a bunch of my 6-7 year old painted Khorne Berzerkers and a looted Ultra Drop Pod?

Enter: Ghet'O'Fist'O'Khorne!!!

gallery_2760_11609_55930.jpg

I am looking at numerous ways of trying to play KDK competitively. Today I would like to have a look at the Fist of Khorne as an option. This is taken from the Blood Oath Campaign Supplement (behind the pod in the picture) and comes out to 700 pts as I outfitted it.

gallery_2760_11609_136161.jpg

Here it is in action against the new Ghazgkull supplement. I don't want to spill the beans as I may do a full batrep on this game or my last Ultra game (haven't decided).

The point of this is to do direct testing for a community thread on trying to make KDK a more viable, competitive option.

Please see the discussion if you're interested here: LINK

Archived