The Battle of Paramar Nexus - Caillum's HH Plog

Caillum

Thanks man! Yeah, I should get everything lined up for a photo. Still have to get a bit, but this is the 2500-point list I'm aiming for:

HQ

Armillus Dynat: Rite of War (The Coils of the Hydra); power dagger 205

Saboteur: combi-melta 95

TROOPS

10 Tactical Space Marines: Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; melta bombs); 9 Tactical Space Marines; legion vexilla 150

Rhino: dozer blade; pintle-mounted multi-melta 55

10 Tactical Space Marines: Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; melta bombs); 9 Tactical Space Marines; legion vexilla 150

ELITES

7 Tyrant Siege Terminators: Tyrant Siege Master (chainfist; power dagger); 6 Tyrant Siege Terminators 405

FAST ATTACK

8 Seekers: Strike Leader (artificer armour; combi-plasma); 7 Seekers; 7 × combi-plasmas; nuncio-vox 315

Land Raider Proteus: explorator augury web 230

Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron

Javelin Attack Speeder: pintle-mounted multi-melta; 2 × hunter-killer missiles 75

Javelin Attack Speeder: pintle-mounted multi-melta; 2 × hunter-killer missiles 75

HEAVY SUPPORT

Fire Raptor Gunship: 2 × turret-mounted Reaper autocannon batteries; 4 wing-mounted Hellstrike missiles 240

Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron

Vindicator: hull-mounted laser destroyer array 130

Whirlwind Scorpius XXX

I have the all Infantry, 2 of the Rhinos and the Proteus. My next few items will be:

- Damocles Command Rhino (for a 3rd Rhino and the Proteus EAW)

- 3 x Alpha Legion Rhino doors

- 3 x pintle weapons set

Currently starting work on the Proteus. :)

@Sandlemad - Thanks heaps man! Yeah, don't know how, but I saw the potential in there somewhere.

@Rangaman, we missed that about Lachdannan's list. Not a big deal - luck played a much bigger part in the game! And yes, I had some wild ideas to run 30 Breachers in Land Raider Proteus', but couldn't justify the points-cost or the £-cost. :)

Great write up. That was a very interesting game, very cool and that saboteur totally deserves man of the match. Such a jammy fellow! Now you just need to do the other characters that have done exceptionally well in the other games!

Good to see life back in this thread, will you be re-configuring any parts of your list or are you happy with their performance? Would love to see everything all lined up, even if they are unpainted.

Edit: Also is Lachs list legal? I count three non LA units and three LA units, where I think LA must be in the majority...

Woops! My bad, totally didn't see that when I was making it. Next game though, I'll leave Horus on the Vengeful Spirit to lick his wounds and let a subordinate do the dirty work. Thanks for picking that up.

Archived