Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inspiration Friday 2016: Thousand Sons (until 1/13)

- - - - - Inspiration Friday Inspiration Friday 2016 fanfiction Chaos Writing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
470 replies to this topic

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,802 posts
med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png
I thank you for your entries in Tales of Dishonour over the last week.
I have not yet finished reading them, but look forward to it when I can grab a moment.

I hereby close that topic for the purposes of rewards (though, as always, if you have more tales to tell feel free to post them at any time. I myself have one idea I did not have time to write, which I hope to post eventually).

And here begins our fifteenth challenge of Inspirational Friday 2016:
Campaign II - Assault!
Continuing the campaign initiated in Inspiration Friday: Campaign I - Opening Moves, we now come to the assault. Be it a landing action to make a foothold, a spearhead attack upon a vital objective or an all-out pitched battle, tell us of your renegades following up the first steps of the campaign with a full assault.
If you did not take part in the first chapter of this series, fear not. Please feel free to submit a part I and a part II (though this week you’ll only be judged on part II), or summarise the warband’s opening moves of the campaign within the first part of your entry for this week.
Inspirational Friday: Campaign II – Assault! runs until the 27th of May.

Let us be inspired.

And who shall judge this new challenge? That decision lies with our current judge: Son of Carnelian. And to the victor chosen by Carnelian, step forward and claim your Octed Amulet:
gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

EDIT: and a note, that the next (and penultimate) chapter of the 'Campaign' series will be a choice of 'The Tables Turn' or 'The Crucible', to be decided individually as best fits the flow of your piece.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts

Hello everyone! I thought I would give everyone my thoughts on their stories before announcing the winner. I included my favorite line from each piece as well, as that is an exercise we did in my creative writing classes back in the day. 

The Sparks of Rose

Spoiler

Not quite John Locke, The Book of Common Prayer, or 2 Timothy, but I tried for a bit of moralizing, in grim and dark fashion, of course.

"Considering what he knew of Zanizar the Younger's ways, which was considerable, the young man had likely been influenced by one of his paramours. Lavam would have to put a stop to that, but not today."

A wonderful, perfectly-sized story. Set at the end of a narrative and taking on almost a television recap tone, Carrack's The Sparks of Rose has a lot of life to it. Sprinkled throughout are these marvelous character details, things that hint at a wider narrative without getting in the way of the reader's imagination. The story possesses a few moments where the reader is told rather than shown something, but these hardly detract from the overall effect. 

An entry running unopposed? Not on my watch! Anyway, check out Among Thieves

Spoiler

"Of the few Slaanesh cults that he had met, yes, Rahaund’ul would admit they were among the more tolerable."

I like how Scourged's Among Thieves really plays up the fact that even newer warbands like the Scourged who haven't been around for 10,000 years still have an extensive history, with alliances and oaths stretching back through time. One hardly ever sees such an expansion of the lore in that way, but I think that this story accomplishes a lot in a short amount of time. I would have enjoyed more of a dialogue between Dhel-mas and the Dark Eldar. It's a racial dynamic rarely explored and I think the story could have benefited greatly from more of that exchange. 

A prequel to my most recent story!

I hope you like it.

Hidden Content

Warsmith Aznable's tale of brotherhood explores the advancement of one in the eyes of the Khorne, and how sometimes we take the equipment we always see Space Marines wielding for granted. Not since AD-B's stories have I read such a desperate account of the state of the resources available to servants of the Dark Gods. That being said, I found the action just a bit hard to follow and didn't grasp what had happened at the climax of the story upon first read. 

A little story about a Guard regiment dishonored:

Spoiler

Honestly I'm not 100% sure if it fits the theme but it's the only thing that came to mind for this prompt for me.

"Rising on a plateau of ceramite and steel over the city the building was a fortress unto itself, an island amongst a sea of corpses. And now the waves of man crashed against it."

An excellent story with lots of twists and turns. Much of the story feels natural and character driven, which I appreciate. Still, the dialogue could use more work to go along with the excellent prose on display here. Honestly though, the descriptions create such an incredible atmosphere I also feel like more dialogue might bog it down too much. 

An excellent week! Believe me when I say that choosing a winner took all of today, with my mind going and back and forth across all the entries at different times. Still, we can only have one champion this week and with all that in mind, I choose Fulke's Quietus as this weeks victor! Claim your pendant in the name of Chaos!  

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
I thank you for the honor and the insight. I'll work harder to make my dialogue live up to my prose in the future.

And I look forward to seeing what everyone writes in this next week.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Is there any chance we could have two weeks for this one, given the start of the ETL?

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,802 posts
Firstly congratulations, Fulkes :tu:

Is there any chance we could have two weeks for this one, given the start of the ETL?

I thought about it but will the first week of the ETL make us that much busier than other weeks of it?
If enough members want two weeks I don't mind making the change though :)

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
I can go either way with this since I'm judging and not writing this time.

Plus I don't have any ideas for this prompt anyways.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Firstly congratulations, Fulkes thumbsup.gif

I thought about it but will the first week of the ETL make us that much busier than other weeks of it?
If enough members want two weeks I don't mind making the change though smile.png

First four and last four will probably be busiest. It was more because it is just generally busy that two weeks gives more time than one. At least for these more interconnected stories, I don't write them in one sitting.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

Warsmith Demetrios

Warsmith Demetrios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts

Hope I'm not bending the rules too much with this Inspiration Friday, since technically the assault isn't being enacted by my 25th Grand Company, though rather they are defending against it. However, I found the need to share this little tidbit, and hope perhaps I can serve to inspire some other brothers in Chaos even if I do not win. Enjoy!

"A Debt Paid"

“Greigor!” He could hear his Warsmith roar over the vox, the intensity of which threatened to blow out both the bead and the warrior’s own eardrums.

“Greigor you damn whoreson, take you’re men and fall back to the inner walls immediately!”

All around the Iron Warrior, the signs of a fiercely pitched battle were evident. Bodies that had once been members of the 25th’s mortal auxiliaries lay twisted and bloodied amongst flaming industrial wreckage, shattered cybernetics stemming from their dark skitarri cohorts mixed in with them in equal number. Yet, in comparison to the amount of enemy that lay dead at the Astarte’s feet, they were merely a drop in a vast ocean.

Four other Iron Warriors stood with Greigor, each covered in the blood and viscera of their attackers. He had known these men since before The Heresy, fought and bled with them on countless worlds. They had battled at the gates of Terra, fled into The Eye of Terror, and spilt blood in the name of vengeance for ten thousand years. They had followed each other to hell and back, yet Greigor knew in his twin hearts that today would be their final battle.

“I’m afraid I cant follow that order Lord Warsmith,” Greigor replied sullenly, looking out at each of his men with sullen eyes, “the Blood God calls us to his hall.”

Each of those warriors, though obviously members of the IV Legion, bore the distinguishing features of Khornate devotion. Pieces of armor had a coat of red where once gunmetal shined bright, while skulls and brass icons were chained, tied and bolted across their plating. Axos and Vathian bore skull-capped topknots atop MK III helms, Brennal’s power pack had sprouted several vertebral columns that clacked and pulsed with the promise of bloodshed, While Feram had grown nearly head and shoulders taller than all his brothers, his muscles barely contained by the confines of his power armor.

Greigor took this moment to examine himself, a deep sense of shame coming about him. His chest plate was wrapped in thick, rune inscribed chains, a brass icon to the Blood God hammered into the center. Somewhere between the present and his descent into berserker status, the yellow hazard marks on his shoulder pauldron had turned a deep red below the iron skull of the legion. Hooked chains hung from his waist, while trophies of skulls and teeth clattered together in the chemical-smelling breeze.

A dread sense of deja-vu had descended amongst the Astartes, each full well knowing that the events several millennia earlier had come to a climax, one which entailed death which they had so wished for since that fated day. Cramped for almost three months in the lower levels of the crumbling fortress, locked in with only serfs and slaves with untold millions of greenskins overrunning their brethren above, Greigor had led his men in their efforts to find salvation. Using up their mortal companions as labor and eventually nutrition, they managed to breach their way into the chambers of their former lord’s heretek coven.

+Break this vessel that binds me+ the voice that seemed to be made up of a thousand cries of anguish and roars of rage had whispered through the dank air.

+I can give you power. The power you need to save yourselves. That you need to continue you’re Long War+ the daemon had promised the desperate mortals +All you need do is free me+.

When Greigor had found the source of the being’s calls for aid, the exoskeleton of some unfinished daemon engine bound by thick obsidian chains, he looked to his brothers, bloody and ragged, with no hope for survival left in them. They were operating on pure instinct, knowing nothing else but survival and not having the ability to give up. Greigor was not ready to die, nor was he ready to let those who he had fought alongside of thousands of years go to the grave.  He knew his actions were selfish, yet when he broke the chains and smashed the runes of sealing, he didn’t particularly care.

“Damn it Greigor, you are brothers of the 25th and Iron Warriors, do not throw you’re lives awa-“

Greigor couldn’t bare it anymore, cutting the vox feed. Since that day he had been indebted to the herald he had freed, blood and skulls for Khorne being the tax. It was an existence where he could feel his senses and rationality slipping away, a constant war to retain his sanity in the face of an overwhelming bloodlust. It was exhausting for all of them, and Greigor knew this was not a life any of them particularly wished to live for anymore. Theirs was not the path of the World Eaters; they were Iron Warriors, sons of Perturabo. They had paid their debt ten times over as far as he was concerned, and if Khorne disagreed, he could have words with them at the gates of his realm.

“Brothers,” Greigor proclaimed loudly, stepping amongst his men with a new fire in his eyes, “the enemy comes for us once more, and it is apparent that this time they will triumph on this field.”

They looked on at him silently, and he hoped that, in their final moments, the god that had shackled them to his will had enough respect to allow his warriors clarity enough to understand what he had to tell them.

“Our brothers have ceded this land to move to a more advantageous position behind the inner sanctum. I pray they may yet survive the battles to come.”

He could hear them now, behind a shroud of industrial smog and debris from burning factories and breaches in the outer walls. A sea of bodies, each individual possessed by a murderous frenzy that drove them forward.

“Brothers, we do not go silent into the Valhalla we have yearned for!” Greigor raised his chainsword, revving its teeth as he somehow felt the spirit returning to his men.

“The bastards who forced us to this point knock at our door! They come to slaughter our brethren and topple all our accomplishments to the ground!”

The air was electric, a clairvoyant rage descending over his brothers, who cursed and reared their heads at the thought of such a thing.

“We will not allow this to stand! We have yearned for this day, yet we will not just roll over and die for this menace!”

He could see their silhouettes through the smog now; the vanguard would be breaking through in mere moments now.

“Ours is a noble death! We are sons of Perturabo! Warriors of the Blood God!”

The hulking forms of the first orks barreled through the shroud like wild beasts, beady red eyes spotting their adversaries and faces erupting into toothy grins at the promise of a fight.

“IRON WITHIN! IRON WITHOUT! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD AND SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

“WAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!” 

Edited by Warsmith Demetrios, 16 May 2016 - 04:17 AM.

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

Hello everyone! I thought I would give everyone my thoughts on their stories before announcing the winner. I included my favorite line from each piece as well, as that is an exercise we did in my creative writing classes back in the day. 

I like how Scourged's Among Thieves really plays up the fact that even newer warbands like the Scourged who haven't been around for 10,000 years still have an extensive history, with alliances and oaths stretching back through time. One hardly ever sees such an expansion of the lore in that way, but I think that this story accomplishes a lot in a short amount of time. I would have enjoyed more of a dialogue between Dhel-mas and the Dark Eldar. It's a racial dynamic rarely explored and I think the story could have benefited greatly from more of that exchange. 

Many thanks! I great do appreciate it, as trying to expand the wealth of lore on renegades is something I try to do every week. The Legions, fractured as they are, don't deserve to have all the fun. And I see what you mean about more of a dialogue between the factions. I probably could have used more of that... but now I have many fun ideas to play with later.

Firstly congratulations, Fulkes thumbsup.gif

If enough members want two weeks I don't mind making the change though smile.png

First four and last four will probably be busiest. It was more because it is just generally busy that two weeks gives more time than one. At least for these more interconnected stories, I don't write them in one sitting.

...if possible, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for two weeks as well.

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,802 posts
Alright, alright! Two weeks! :D

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,802 posts
Campaign Part II: The Psychopomps Attack
Hidden Content

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
Awesome Kierdale. It looks like you are breaking out the full cast of characters for this. It was a great, and epic, read.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,802 posts
Thank you!
There are still a few names and units I hope to put into the next chapter of the campaign.

And I realise I have been remiss!
I did not yet tell the name of the next chapter in the campaign series (not that it'll be for a month or two)...
The next (and penultimate) chapter of the 'Campaign' series will be a choice of 'The Tables Turn' or 'The Crucible', to be decided individually as best fits the flow of your piece.

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

Thank you!
There are still a few names and units I hope to put into the next chapter of the campaign.

And I realise I have been remiss!
I did not yet tell the name of the next chapter in the campaign series (not that it'll be for a month or two)...
The next (and penultimate) chapter of the 'Campaign' series will be a choice of 'The Tables Turn' or 'The Crucible', to be decided individually as best fits the flow of your piece.

Oh, oh that's superb. I was so very much hoping that's where this campaign would head, as I've already got my full plan outlined. Good to know everything I already have written out fits the direction you were heading with little to no revision. I guess you could say everything is going... Just as Planned.

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
I'm working on my submission for this contest, and I think I've found my story after a few false starts. In the meantime, I'll post a few background stories that lead up to the assault. They are not necessary for my story, but I like them, and they do add to the story I'm writing. Consider them out of competition. The first takes place sometime before the assault, the next three immediately before the assault.

The Shield
Aspis, Sub-Sector Seat

Spoiler

Slipping Away
Garland System, Aspis Subsector
Spoiler

Blood in the Water
Garland System, Aspis Subsector
Spoiler

Eighth Catacomb
The top deck of the Blood Eye, Garland System, Aspis Subsector
Spoiler

Edited by Carrack, 24 May 2016 - 07:37 AM.

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
Bonds
Spoiler

Edited by Carrack, 24 May 2016 - 03:59 AM.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,802 posts
Talk about a twist! Carrack that's a nice surprise ending.
I look forward to the 3rd episode.

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

Continuing what I started here and here with the first part of the campaign, I present the second installment below. And, uh... just like with the first part, I'm including my prefaced apology for length. Sorry in advance, Fulkes

I:

Spoiler

II:

Spoiler

III:

Spoiler

IV:

Spoiler

V:

Spoiler

Edited by Scourged, 26 May 2016 - 07:28 PM.

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

For reference, this campaign is the culmination of several stories throughout the life of this competition:

The Dark Apostle Harnak announces his arching of Warsmith Bolverk in this story from the Chaos Nemesis competition.

The Iron Hounds carry on with their usual activities, including recruitment in "A Gift For A Gift."

Harnak and his Word Bearers strike their second blow, preaching the Primordial Truth to the unknowing victims of Bolverk's blasphemous cult in the Interview With A Dark Apostle challenge.

The Warsmith, frustrated by his inability to locate the Dark Apostle Harnak, strikes at the Word Bearers Legion in general, interfering with the dedication of another Dark Apostle's attempt to construct a Gehemanet in Imperial space as told from the perspective of a loyalist space marine and an Imperial Guardsman caught up in the destruction.

Through the fallout of this action, and from the Warsmith's forging of a critical alliance with a desperate Dark Eldar House, the Iron Hounds gained the means to end their game of cat and mouse and strike directly at Dark Apostle Harnak in his own lair.

The 49th Grand Company mobilized an unprecedented percentage of their available assets, nearly emptying out their precious space hulk and calling in an avalanche of pledges of loyalty and favours from allied and client warbands. This apocalyptic force marched through dark and forgotten passages in the Webway and even transiting secret Eldar Maiden Worlds on their route to a surprise attack upon the planet Sicarus, home of the Word Bearers Legion itself.

The Iron Hounds and their allies struck deep underground on Sicarus, aided by a well positioned accomplice within the Word Bearers Legion who acted for his own nefarious reasons, securing a bridgehead with the heavy use of advanced parties of Warp Talons and Raptors in the Upon Cursed Wings/Jump Assault challenge.

And now Chaos Lords and Chaos Ladies, the Warsmith is upon the Dark Apostle's very door:

Hidden Content

No dialogue or much story, but pure fury. I hope you like it.

Edited by Warsmith Aznable, 27 May 2016 - 06:01 AM.

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,802 posts
med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png
I thank you for your excellent entries in Campaign II - Assault over the last two weeks.
Warsmith Demetrios gave us A Debt Paid. A tale of Khornate Iron Warriors making a last stand against a greenskin horde! I liked the details in their armour variation showing the squad’s allegiance to Khorne (if you have models, please post some images!).

I gave you The Psychopomps Attack. My warband bringing to bear it’s full strength in an all-out assault upon their long-sought foes: craftworld Carth-Lar. I promise greater carnage in part III...

Carrack set us up with four excellent short pieces (The Shield, Slipping Away, Blood in the Water and Eighth Catacomb) before hitting us with the main course: Bonds and an excellent surprise at the end, which keep us on tenderhooks until part III comes round.

Scourged continued his chronicles of the Scourged with a mammoth 5-piece entry (which I must admit I haven’t finished yet). Which I just finished. It was excellent to see you pulling out your full cast as I had. And a great cliffhanger ending too!

And Warsmith Aznable told us of the massed assault of warsmith Bolverk’s Iron Warriors upon his nemesis: dark apostle Harnak of the Word Bearer’s stronghold, to settle an old score.

In particular these last four entries showed what I really like about IF: the regular contributors building forging a narrative and a wealth of background on their warbands. I hoped the Campaign series would help push this along and I think is succeeding. I look forward to Campaign III – The Crucible/Tables Turn in a month or two’s time...

I hereby close that topic for the purposes of rewards (though, as always, if you have more tales to tell feel free to post them at any time).

And here begins our sixteenth challenge of Inspirational Friday 2016:
Knight Fall
Back in November of 2014 we had Inspirational Friday: Chaos Knight House. Since then Forge World has provided us with rules for Chaos Knights and more recently Games Workshop themselves have given us Renegade Knights, thus the 16th topic of Inspiration Friday 2016 is the Fallen Knight. Be they a renegade, a Chaos knight or something else, tell us not of a house but of one single knight. Tell us of what made them fall: did they embrace it, fight it or was it thrust upon them by external forces? Tell us of their victories and their losses, and their goals: what drives the knight within the huge warmachine?

Inspirational Friday: Knight Fall runs until the 3rd of June.

Let us be inspired.

And who shall judge this new challenge? That decision lies with our current judge: Fulkes. Take your time, Fulkes, you have a lot of reading to do! And to the victor chosen by Fulkes, step forward and claim your Octed Amulet:
gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,523 posts

Wow. I haven't done an Inspirational Friday since November 2014? That's... wow. That's a while, isn't it. Longer than I thought, at any rate. Welp, seems as good a time as any to get back into the groove of writing. Let's see if I can't come up with something good for the House Malvora. My servants, they hunger... msn-wink.gif

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Tailspin (WIP for the Assault Inspiration, I think it is ok, but it isn't finished, but I wanted to post something to force me to finish it later) Reminder, this is out of competition.

Hidden Content

Edited by Teetengee, 29 May 2016 - 12:49 PM.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
Oof you guys definitely buried me in reading and work hasn't been kind to my schedule. I'll try to have everything read by Tuesday just because that'll be the first day I can sit down in front of a computer and cover the novelles posted here.

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts

Glory, Fidelity, Honor

Spoiler

Edited by Carrack, 31 May 2016 - 07:24 AM.

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

Alas, no entry from me this week. A shame, too, as I've been waiting for this topic, heh. I'll just come up with something out-of-competition when I get back.

I'm off to Chicago for a week. Yes, that's right: I'm off to spend some time in a city known historically for being one of the most corrupt, conniving, backstabbing, and deceptive homes of political intrigue and scandal. Plus it's home to an ultimate sense of Hope that never pays off, ending in twisted disappointment: the Cubs. It's a dream come true for any loyal Tzeentchian aspirant. msn-wink.gif