Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inspiration Friday 2016: Thousand Sons (until 1/13)

- - - - - Inspiration Friday Inspiration Friday 2016 fanfiction Chaos Writing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
470 replies to this topic

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

yeah, Rocky Horror means I am not going to be doing it tonight for sure.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

I don't want to be selfish about it, but I would like another week to work on my reentry into the contest.

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
IF ideas

Halloween fun contest. Or horror story. Or both.

Best Of. Contest for frequent participants. Post the story you have submitted that you feel is your best written, or one of the best you have written. Maybe as a bonus round.

Troop model and background. Post a picture of one of your troops, not a champion, and tell his story. What is life like for a line troop in your warband? What are his goals, and what is he doing to achieve them?

Propaganda. How does your warband spread its infamy? Do they want to be feared? Or do they want to deceive others in to thinking life is better under their rule? Write a propaganda piece for your warband.

Legend. What tales are told of your warband. Do mothers frighten their children into behaving with fairytales of a real enemy from their worlds distant past? (Eat your peas, or the Eaters of Worlds will come.) Do feral tribes speak of an ancient evil that represents your warband. Are there myths of your warband that are studied in the scholams of a hive city, long after they are no longer believed? Tell a legend about your warband.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
Until the 28th is is then! :tu:

And thanks for those suggestions, Carrack. The challenge after this one will be our regular Halloween/Horror theme :)

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

For reference, this campaign is the culmination of several stories throughout the life of this competition:

The Dark Apostle Harnak announces his arching of Warsmith Bolverk in this story from the Chaos Nemesis competition.

The Iron Hounds carry on with their usual activities, including recruitment in "A Gift For A Gift."

Harnak and his Word Bearers strike their second blow, preaching the Primordial Truth to the unknowing victims of Bolverk's blasphemous cult in the Interview With A Dark Apostle challenge.

The Warsmith, frustrated by his inability to locate the Dark Apostle Harnak, strikes at the Word Bearers Legion in general, interfering with the dedication of another Dark Apostle's attempt to construct a Gehemanet in Imperial space as told from the perspective of a loyalist space marine and an Imperial Guardsman caught up in the destruction.

Through the fallout of this action, and from the Warsmith's forging of a critical alliance with a desperate Dark Eldar House, the Iron Hounds gained the means to end their game of cat and mouse and strike directly at Dark Apostle Harnak in his own lair.

The 49th Grand Company mobilized an unprecedented percentage of their available assets, nearly emptying out their precious space hulk and calling in an avalanche of pledges of loyalty and favours from allied and client warbands. This apocalyptic force marched through dark and forgotten passages in the Webway and even transiting secret Eldar Maiden Worlds on their route to a surprise attack upon the planet Sicarus, home of the Word Bearers Legion itself.

The Iron Hounds and their allies struck deep underground on Sicarus, aided by a well positioned accomplice within the Word Bearers Legion who acted for his own nefarious reasons, securing a bridgehead with the heavy use of advanced parties of Warp Talons and Raptors in the Upon Cursed Wings/Jump Assault challenge.

With overwhelming force, the 49th Grand Company and their many allies and slave soldiers crushed through the front gates of Harnak's personal Cathedral in Campaign II: Assault.

The Iron Warriors of Warsmith Bolverk bring fire and ruin to a fortress deep underneath the surface of unholy Sicarus, but their window of opportunity is closing, and their revenge must be swift. One more installment, I present Campaign III: The Crucible:

Hidden Content

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
There are about ten hours until I'll be closing the current theme (though judging may take a little longer ;) ).

Any more entries to come? :)

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png
I thank you for your entries in Inspirational Friday: Campaign Part III: The Crucible/Tables Turn over the last three weeks.
Many thanks to Carrack and a warm welcome back to Warsmith Aznable.
MyD4rkPassenger, you never got the second and third parts of your entry uploaded but don’t worry: before the end of the year (or perhaps early next year. Time is going rather quickly) we’ll have the fourth and final section (Campaign IV: Climax). If you can get in the second and third parts before then (or at the same time as part IV) that’s fine. Likewise anyone else (looking at you IF stalwarts in particular, Teetengee and Scourged msn-wink.gif ).
I hereby close that topic for the purposes of rewards (though as always if you have more entries on the topic please post them at any time, with a suitable note in the post’s title).

Here begins our thirty-first challenge of Inspirational Friday 2016:
Halloween
It is the witching time again. The Dark Millennium is one of abject and creeping horror. Tell us this week a tale to make our skin crawl.

Inspirational Friday: Halloween 2016 runs until the 4th of November.

Let us be inspired.

And who shall judge this new challenge? That decision lies with our current judge: me. Give me some time to read through the entries.
To the chosen victor: step forward and claim your Octed Amulet:
gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
Carrack, your description of the Angels of Immolation from the viewpoint of the mortal Lorella was fantastic. I think it really captured the awe that mortals hold/suffer in the presence of Astartes, and the description of the shield Aspis Eternal and her feelings toward it really helped reinforce how vital, how sacred it is to her people (and such superstitions are a great aspect of 40k lore in my opinion).
And in the second section, chapter master Barcar’s thoughts, his view of his enemy, were excellently written. I thought they gave a great image of how a loyalist marine thought and viewed traitor astartes.
And finally, I want to see a model of Lord Carrack and his trophies after this campaign is over msn-wink.gif

MyD4rkPassenger
Firstly I love the name `Abyss Walkers`. Fantastic. And that the 8th intend to employ sons of Prospero in order to aid them in their raid? Most intriguing. Please post the second and third sections when you have time (title the posts Campaign II and Campaign III and we’ll know smile.png ).

Warsmith Aznable
“They swept around the tanks and siege engines still idling before the broken gates, and poured into the trenches and redoubts like liquid hatred.” Such a wonderful way with words!
The clash of the Word Bearers and the warsmith’s grand company was excellently written; that the sons of Lorgar sent their fanatics and spawn first in a tsunami of flesh, before they themselves entered the fray, not worrying themselves with mortal foes but pushing on to the Iron Warriors themselves. And I find it interesting the lengths warsmith Bolverk is willing to go to – losing so many of his men – in order to chase down his foe.

And I gave you Trapped in the Webway: the Psychopomps continuing their assault upon craftworld Carth-Lar, things having go slightly awry as the Eldar managed to take their vast craft into the nexus, and finally awakening the spirit host: the craftworld’s entire army of wraithguard, lords and even a wraithknight, turning the tables upon the pawns of Slaanesh.

I choose Warsmith Aznable as the winner of Campaign III: Tables Turn/The Crucible as I felt his story best fitted the theme.
With the death of chapter master Barcar in this third episode, Carrack, I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the fourth, final and climactic part...

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,184 posts

Halloween eh? Sounds good! I'll watch this one with keen interest, and hopefully I might actually finish writing an entry of my own this time!

For the record, would a more humourous (if still lore friendly) entry be permissable for the Halloween entry? I have some fiendish ideas...

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

For the record, would a more humourous (if still lore friendly) entry be permissable for the Halloween entry? I have some fiendish ideas...

The Forsaken will be guest judging once again, channeled through my mortal flesh. He does love to be amused. Betrayal and due come-uppance for the arrogant are his go-to knee-slappers.

He also like spooooky stories.

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
Kierdale's campaign stories happened to start around the same time that I started my own campaign story in the fan fiction forum of the B&C. I thought I'd go ahead and post this short chapter here, as it is a summary recent events for my warband. Besides, what is more scary then a tax collector?

Aspis Sub, the Short Version

-Quill and Glass, A tavern outside of the Administratum Tower on Crypa Mundi, Segmentum Obscuras.

Spoiler

Edited by Carrack, 29 October 2016 - 08:56 PM.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Monsters: Part 1:

Hidden Content

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

Warsmith Aznable
“They swept around the tanks and siege engines still idling before the broken gates, and poured into the trenches and redoubts like liquid hatred.” Such a wonderful way with words!
The clash of the Word Bearers and the warsmith’s grand company was excellently written; that the sons of Lorgar sent their fanatics and spawn first in a tsunami of flesh, before they themselves entered the fray, not worrying themselves with mortal foes but pushing on to the Iron Warriors themselves. And I find it interesting the lengths warsmith Bolverk is willing to go to – losing so many of his men – in order to chase down his foe.

I choose Warsmith Aznable as the winner of Campaign III: Tables Turn/The Crucible as I felt his story best fitted the theme.
With the death of chapter master Barcar in this third episode, Carrack, I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the fourth, final and climactic part...

Now that I actually have more than a minute to sit down, and am not staring at this on my phone, I'd like to say thanks so much, it's good to be back! happy.png

I am very much looking forward to finishing the campaign story and doing an epilogue for it. It's made me think a lot about my warband, way beyond just the initial IA I did for it, and with more of an eye for its future than the non-campaign stories I wrote for it before. The 49th grand company may see some big shake ups before this is through, sort of in-line with what seems to be happening with the fluff coming out of the recent campaign books.

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
Joey's Skull

Kasr Woolten
Spoiler

I thought of this trick or treating last night with my kids, the time of year where suburbia has enough skulls to make a respectable battlefield in the 41st millennium. :)

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
The three bears
Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png
I thank you for your entries in Inspirational Friday: Halloween over the last week.
I have not had the chance to read everyone’s entries yet (due to the DDOS) but look forward to doing so.

Here begins our thirty-second challenge of Inspirational Friday 2016:
Tales of Vengeance
“Revenge is a profound moral desire to keep faith with the dead, to honour their memory by taking up their cause where they left off.”
Retribution, retaliation, revenge...payback. A harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance real or perceived, in the absence of formal law.
Give us this time a tale of grudge-bearers setting out to restore the balance of honour.
But remember,
“Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.”

Inspirational Friday: Tales of Vengeance runs until the 18th of November.

Let us be inspired.

And who shall judge this new challenge? That decision lies with our current judge: Warsmith Aznable.
To the chosen victor: step forward and claim your Octed Amulet:
gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts
I will give these a careful rereading and judge by tomorrow afternoon.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Don't worry about judging mine, I figured I would have until tomorrow because of the DDOS, but alas, things went back up faster than I expected. I'll get up the remainder when I can.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Monsters (Halloween 2016) Part II (at least 1 perhaps more parts remain)

Hidden Content

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

In what will probably be the only vote I cast today with any real meaning, I choose the winner at this time.

Sorry for the delay, life is still kind of crazy...

Not many to choose from, but I really enjoyed the quality of what was submitted.

But I choose Carrack's "Joey's Skull" as the winning entry. While both were good stories, Joey's Skull was more tightly written, managing to get more across with less, capturing both the theme of the challenge as well as the background of 40k neatly, with the added bonus of a twist ending that made me chuckle while at the same time being completely inline with the setting.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
I got time to read the entries today.
Carrack, that was excellent. :tu:
Teetengee please do give us the remaining part/parts, I look forward to them :)

EDIT: it's interesting that we all went for stories featuring families.

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
Thanks. To be picked out of this week's great stories is an honor.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

I got time to read the entries today.
Carrack, that was excellent. thumbsup.gif
Teetengee please do give us the remaining part/parts, I look forward to them smile.png

EDIT: it's interesting that we all went for stories featuring families.

I will. Recent events have me a bit discouraged, to say the least, but I shall prevail.

Barbatos

Barbatos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts

My first entry. Fluff for Drang and his warband of Iron Warriors smile.png

Sorry about the weak formatting.

------------------------------------------------------------

DRANG

Hidden Content

Edited by Barbatos, 09 November 2016 - 04:50 PM.

gallery_29004_9303_844.png

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
Rain Brings Flowers 
Aspis High Orbit, Subsector Seat
Spoiler