Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inspiration Friday 2016: Thousand Sons (until 1/13)

- - - - - Inspiration Friday Inspiration Friday 2016 fanfiction Chaos Writing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
470 replies to this topic

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,777 posts

Inspiration Friday: Possessed runs for two weeks until Friday the 29th of January.

There's plenty of time yet. :)

Would anyone like this week's IF expanded to include possessed vehicles too, or keep that for the future?

Kol Saresk

Kol Saresk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,014 posts

at this point i guess I win by defualt. everyone you have 5 days left, put your back into it

Be careful what you wish for.

Kierdale, I'd say leave it just possessed marines for now. Possessed vehicles run parallel to daemon engines and relic vehicles so they warrant their own category IMO.

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pnggallery_29004_9303_9178.pnggallery_29004_9303_5366.pngfriday-award.png

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,658 posts

Inspiration Friday: Possessed runs for two weeks until Friday the 29th of January.

There's plenty of time yet. smile.png

Would anyone like this week's IF expanded to include possessed vehicles too, or keep that for the future?

Keep that for the future. 

My entry: 

Yoshour hated coming down here. This far into the ship, the air started to stink with a mixture of decaying carrion and the horrid aroma of new flesh growing over metal, courtesy of the Warp. The Cursed liked it down here, for some reason Yoshour could never fathom. Perhaps their mutating surroundings made them feel more at ease about the changes wrought upon their own bodies. 

He sneered at the thought. These animals didn't deserve peace of mind. They had given up their perfect post-human form for something far less than perfect and far less than human. Yoshour recognized the power of the Warp and the daemons that made their home there, but as a sorcerer, he mastered them rather than having them master him. 

Still, as the resident sorcerer and lieutenant of The Pyre, Yoshour's duties included summoning the Cursed from their lair before each battle. He loathed the task, but moreover, he loathed his lord, Uthtae, for forcing it on him. He had often dreamed of killing Uthtae and taking his place as the master of The Pyre, but Yoshour never moved against an enemy unless he knew he could win. Others named him coward for this. Yoshour called it strategy. 

The sorcerer finally reached the hold where The Cursed made their home. If the surrounding levels had smelled foul, the putrid stink in the hold made it seem tame in comparison. A thousand horrible tastes hit the sorcerer all at once and it took every bit of Yoshour's discipline not to simply light the whole place on fire with his abilities. 

"Yoshour,' said several voices at once from somewhere in the deep shadows of the hold. 'Have you come to lead us to blood?"

The sorcerer didn't speak, he simply nodded in reply. Though he couldn't see them with his physical eyes, his second sight told him that The Cursed could see him. 

"Good,' said the voices with a grotesque echo. 'You know, Yoshour, we Cursed are always grateful for your presence. To stand so close to someone so close to the Warp... it excites the daemons within us."

"I shall take your word for it." Yoshour replied. 

"We would follow you to blood anywhere, sorcerer,' the voices continued.  'Anywhere."

Yoshour grinned underneath his helmet. An idea had finally occurred to him. An idea that might finally make Yoshour's lust for command of The Pyre a reality. 

"Then come, my brothers,' Yoshour commanded, though he hated calling these things kin. 'Follow me to blood."

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts

Aeolus trembled in anticipation as the sorcerer paced back and forth in front of him, chanting in a language he could not understand. He and five others had been chosen by their lord for the honour of harbouring a daemon of the Prince of Pleasure, though most of them had perished in the earlier trials, only Aeolus and one other remaining. The other marine sat beside him, both of them waiting for the sorcerer to finish his ritual and summon the daemons they would be playing host to.

Just as Aeolus was starting to get impatient, the sorcerer finally stopped pacing and turned to the marine to Aeolus' side. A cloud of purple mist seemed to stream from the sorcerer's staff, quickly sinking in to his skin. Immediately, the other marine began screaming in agony, though it only lasted moments before he fell over, clearly dead.

Lesser men would no doubt be terrified by such a display, wondering if the same would happen to them next, but Aeolus knew that it simply meant the other marine had been unworthy of the gifts he had been given. Turning from the corpse, Aeolus glanced at the sorcerer and gestured for him to continue. Another cloud of mist from the staff entered Aeolus, and he finally felt the touch of a daemonette of Slaanesh.

"So, you are my new host." The voice sent goosebumps along Aeolus' skin, the sound alone ranking among the most pleasurable experiences in his long life. "Oh yes, I could have so much fun with you."

"I expected there to be more pain." He wasn't sure what had made him say that, it certainly wasn't the way he had intended to greet his soul-partner. The sensuous laugh it got him made him forget all about his concerns though, as a spike of excitement shot through him.

"Oh, the pain will come, I assure you. Such glorious pain, I can't wait. It's been far too long since I had a mortal body, there are so many things I need to experience." Another smile graced Aeolus' lips at that, it was clear that this partnership would be beneficial to the both of them. "Now then, I suppose we had better get things started. Your body is lovely, but I can think of a few improvements."

Then there was the pain, his bones cracking and shifting underneath his skin, his organs moving and his skin morphing, wings erupting from his back and one of his hands changing to a large, deathly sharp claw as the daemonette inside him altered his body to suit her preferences. It was the greatest pain he had ever experienced, and she was right, it was glorious.

I feel like I could improve that quite a lot of if I took my time over it, but I know what I'm like, I'd get more and more neurotic about it and ended up hating it so I'll leave it as it is.

Edit- Just fixing a typo.

Edited by Captain Malachi, 18 January 2016 - 07:08 PM.

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,299 posts

There's plenty of time yet. smile.png

Glad I spotted that, rather alleviates the pressure on finishing models, story and photographs by Friday!

Kol Saresk

Kol Saresk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,014 posts
Spoiler

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pnggallery_29004_9303_9178.pnggallery_29004_9303_5366.pngfriday-award.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,777 posts

Kierdale, I'd say leave it just possessed marines for now. Possessed vehicles run parallel to daemon engines and relic vehicles so they warrant their own category IMO.

A good point. Let's keep the possessed vehicles for a future Daemon Engines IF. smile.png

Here's a short entry by me for the current IF. I say `an entry` as it's not a `Psychopomps` one but another idea that's been knocking around in my head for a while (Nurgle done voodoo-ish). I may flesh The Ghede out -if the whim sticks- in future IFs. Advice and suggestions welcome :)

And I'll probably do a possessed Psychopomps entry sometime before the 29th.

The Ghede, ridden by the Loa

The bokor looked on as his brother entered the peristyle, the ritual space, and began the dance: the banda, while the onlookers beat the drums with a racing tempo which set his blood afire. He had stripped himself of his armour and his bodysuit and his brethren had anointed his body with the symbols: trefoils, crosses and flies. Scarcophagia carnaria, which fed upon the dead and released their souls to Papa Ghede. These symbols would call a Loa and the brother would be mounted. The Loa had lived countless times and to them the cycle of life and death was as breathing. The mounted would be blessed with the secrets of Papa Ghede. They would become an instrument of his benevolent will, to take the lives of those whose time had come, those whom the Papa called to his side. Pain would be as nothing to them. And their bodies, their bodies would be transformed as their black and purple armour was reshaped by the playful Loa for the duration of their possession, returning to its normal state upon the Loa’s relinquishing of their physical form and the return of their spirit to the body. None knew how long the Loa might ride a brother, for it was Papa Ghede’s will. Some perished while ridden, found wanting by the Loa, while others succumbed as the Loa departed their flesh. Those who survived told their brethren of all they had seen and heard as they had knelt before Father Ghede in his garden while the Loa had borrowed their flesh.

The Pariah

The Pariah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 513 posts
Here's my own entry. Hope you guys enjoy it smile.png

The Returned

Spoiler

Edited by Dizzyeye, 19 January 2016 - 11:26 PM.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.png

Click here to see my WIP log.

New Blog coming soon.

Formerly Dizzyeye

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

I've never been big on Possessed, but in my research I found this snippet: "They make superb trackers and can even guide the warfleets of the Chaos Space Marines through the shifting tides of the Warp better than any Imperial Navigator."

I liked the idea, and it helped plug some narrative holes for my warband. So yeah... enjoy.

Spoiler

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,777 posts
A note that Daemon Forge XI shares the theme of possessed. in there why not show us (or make) one of the possessed you are telling us about in the current IF? :)

Brother Nihm

Brother Nihm

++ INTEMPESTA NOX ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 11,859 posts

Really liking all of these, keep them coming.

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,555 posts
I really enjoyed writing this! happy.png

Hidden Content

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

This is going to be very difficult to judge, they are all so good.

But being free of judgment myself this time I feel like I can indulge myself a little bit in my own entry for this week.

This is the story of Gideon, who is not feeling well today:

Hidden Content

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

EesiOh

EesiOh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

Bad luck that you're the judge becuase that was a 10/10/10 

The Archangels: Scions of Sanguinious striving for perfection

The Impure: Not even the transhuman physiology of the Space Marines can save you from the zombie plague

The Silent Laughter: The road to damnation is paved with the best intentions 

gallery_48988_6285_81894.pngI gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,777 posts
And now for a Psychopomps entry. smile.png
Faith
Hidden Content

Zhaharek

Zhaharek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

Hahaha, it's good to be back.

These are some truly glorious entries....

gallery_63428_7083_6894.png gallery_63428_7083_6894.png gallery_63428_7083_6894.png gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
The Path to Power
Spoiler

Edited by Carrack, 28 January 2016 - 01:44 PM.

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,299 posts

The sixth penance of Kor Ladron: the Moon of The Blade Sirens

Spoiler

Fairly obvious inspiration here, but there we go, I'll update the post later with pics.

P's. I don't know how I stacked it in a quote tag as well but I can't turn it off now either.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Last minute entries, wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

also, Carrack, you once asked about no love for Mother's day?

Warpborn

Hidden Content

Edited by Teetengee, 29 January 2016 - 10:09 PM.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,777 posts
med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png

Thank you very much for your entries on the topic of Possessed. We had a very large number of entries, of extremely good quality!

I hereby close that topic (for the purposes of judging. If you have more Possessed stories to tell by all means post them at any time!) and open our next one...

Welcome to the third challenge of Inspiration Friday 2016.

Chaos Steeds

From the hulking juggernauts of Khorne to the eerie yet lethal discs of Tzeentch. Bloated rot flies and palanquins of Nurgle to the steeds of Slaanesh, those bipedal, serpentine-bodied incarnations of their master’s free spirit. Including these and other beasts and monstrosities similar in form and function, daemonic steeds are mounts granted by the Chaos gods to their most prized champions.

Tell us about one of your warband’s daemonic steeds. How it was acquired, its relationship with its master and how it aids them both in and out of combat.

(I was initially going to exclude bikes, but then again a lot of us have biker lords, so by all mean tell us about your lord’s bike...but keep in mind there will be a Biker [squad] IF in the future)

Inspiration Friday: Chaos Steeds runs until Friday the 5th of February.

And who shall judge it? That decision likes in the hands of Warsmith Aznable. Warsmith, please announce the winner at your leisure and in whatever manner you deem fit!

Let us be inspired.

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

Inspiration Friday, Possessed will have a special guest judge:

gallery_53134_11240_130166.pngSUCK IT, MORTALS! I'M HERE TO RUIN YOUR DAY!

I am the Forsaken. Disowned by my Warsmith, denied by my brothers, castigated by the Ruinous Powers, embraced only by blessed Malal, I have been summoned by 13 tales of pride and punishment, weal and woe, victory and submission. I stand before you to pass judgment. Know that your allegiances to the mindless butcher, the impulsive fornicator, the repulsive defecator, and the mad schemer will not grant you favour with me, the reborn child of the One True Power in the Warp.

Thirteen tale tellers have risked their lives and their reputations, now we shall see who is wanting.

1. EesiOh told the tale "Marked For Death" of Xaroth of the Bloody Harvest, who was killed by a brother. I will admit the fratricide has obvious appeal to me.

2. Son of Carnelian told an untitled tale of Yoshour of the Pyre, a scheming sorcerer who wants to use the possessed to further his own treacherous ends. This promise of future betrayal amuses me.

3. Captain Malachi also failed to title his tale, the story of Aeolus, selected to host a Slaaneshi (bleah) daemon. I liked the image of aspirational daemon hosts failing and dying. It would have been nice if they had all died, but I take what I can get.

4. Kol Saresk gave us a story of a Blood Angel trapped inside his own body and forced to prophesy. I would have enjoyed more suffering, but any amount is welcome.

5. Kierdale wrote "The Gede, Ridden by the Loa", a voodoo inspired story of ritual possession. I hate clever originality, and there was definitely not enough betrayal and suffering.

6. Dizzyeye presented "The Returned", the story of Carvus. Wouldn't it have been funny if nothing he did was good enough, and his Warsmith cast him out and lied to his brothers about him and even turned the gods against him, forcing him to embrace Malal? I think you missed an opportunity there.

7. Scourged turned in "Feed" about a greedy possessed marine. I liked that he wanted to eat his own kind; he was a character I could definitely related to.

8. Aquilanus gave us an untitled story of fallen Raven Guard falling to possession. The callback to the mutant, bestial Raven Guard of days of old and the scorned, imprisoned possessed of the Time of Ending was nice.

9. Warsmith Aznable wrote another long, indulgent story of a failed warrior struggling with his feelings. Bleah.

10. Kierdale CHEATED BY ENTERING TWICE! I like that. He tells us the story of a Black Templar broken by the truth of Sigismund's betrayal of the Emperor. HAHAHAHAHA! YES!

11. Carrack wrote "The Path To Power" a very nice story about everybody hating on, scheming against, and using everyone else. This guy understands!

12. MaliGn wrote "The Sixth Penance of OH MY GOD THIS TITLE IS TOO LONG" displaying the self-serving betrayals of the self-righteous Word Bearers.

13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.

My first impulse is to choose no one as winner and drink your bitter tears while cherishing your despair! But I choose to name a winner, not because it is expected of me or that any of you are truly worthy, but because I like the idea of your jealous envy heaped upon a single individual, who can only hope to bear the pressure by returning your hatred tenfold! HAHAHAHAHA!

To that end I name Captain Malachi as this iteration's champion! Step forward and stand triumphant, and consider the precarious height of the glory from which you must surely someday fall...

Edited by Warsmith Aznable, 30 January 2016 - 06:25 AM.

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts

Well, I am very pleasantly surprised (emphasis on surprised :P), I must admit. My thanks, Warsmith Forsaken, perhaps I will grant you a chance to pledge allegiance to great Slaanesh before killing you, should we ever meet in battle.

I look forward to judging all of your offerings in a weeks time.

As for my own entry, I'll hopefully get that up later. The topic gave me an idea I want to work on, but I've literally only just crawled out of bed so I'm not really in any state to be writing much of anything right now.

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,555 posts
Erm...my story was about a 21st/Cursed Founding Chapter/warband called the Bahltimyr Reavers. Their geneseed was Raven Guard.Looks like I didn't explain that very well :(

Congratulations to Captain Malachi in any case! :)

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

Kol Saresk

Kol Saresk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,014 posts

Erm...my story was about a 21st/Cursed Founding Chapter/warband called the Bahltimyr Reavers. Their geneseed was Raven Guard.Looks like I didn't explain that very well :(

Congratulations to Captain Malachi in any case! :)

Kind of the same reaction here since the idea was a Blood Angels Successor I left unnamed that had its Death Company being possessed by a Daemon who was slowly using the visions to twist the Chapter. Similar amount of success in that respect as well I guess lol.

Still, congratulations Captain Malachi. Well fought! :D

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts

Thanks guys. biggrin.png

Anyway, like I said earlier, this topic gave me ideas, so I have three scenes this time.

Spoiler

There is no canon explanation for how Frankie keeps coming back, he's just my chew toy. tongue.png