Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inspiration Friday 2016: Thousand Sons (until 1/13)

- - - - - Inspiration Friday Inspiration Friday 2016 fanfiction Chaos Writing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
470 replies to this topic

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts

I started writing something up for the obliterator challenge, but then stuff happened and I never finished it. I've saved what I had written so I might come back to it though. As for the current challenge, I have ideas, but the aforementioned 'stuff' is still happening, so who knows if I'll actually get anything written.

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

Eh, couldn't really come up with anything for the last challenge. Oblits really aren't my thing. I've got nothing against them, mind you. Just... never really felt the vibe for them. Hard to say. But this week? Oh yeah, I was all over this. I had a story idea before I finished reading the description of the topic. I do love me some little pink gribblies. Enjoy.

The Horror

Spoiler

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,802 posts
Q’tlah’itsu’aksho
Hidden Content

This week I offer an explanation, of a kind (for who can trust the words of the neverborn?), for the two kinds of daemonettes in my warband.

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

My entry this week for lesser daemons. I hope you like it.

Hidden Content

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

I'm not going to finish mine before the deadline, but I will have a story of lesser daemons for you in the (near) future.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,802 posts
med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png

I thank you for your entries in Minor Daemons I over the last week. Get yours in when you can, Teetengee :)

I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Scourged's Tzan'shwariz'zzl when we get around to Inspiration Friday: Daemon Heralds!

I hereby close that topic for the purposes of rewards (though, as always, if you have more tales to tell feel free to post them at any time).

And here begins our Thirteenth challenge of Inspirational Friday 2016:

Tales of Honour

Nobility of soul, magnanimity, and a scorn of meanness. Many are the definitions of honour and equally numerous are the results of it: brotherhood, victory, glory, jealousy and betrayal, war, death and destruction.

Honour. Something held in high respect by the majority of the legions astartes before the great betrayal. But what, ten millennia on, of those who fell during the Heresy? Or those whose turn from the light of the Emperor came closer to the darkness of the 41st millennium? And what of those who still hold true to the Golden Throne, though much changed is the Imperium from the Emperor’s vision for it?

Whether it be that of the renegades or those who still kneel before the corpse-Emperor, give us this week a tale of honour.

Inspirational Friday: Tales of Honour runs until the 6th of May.

Let us be inspired.

And who shall judge this new challenge? That decision lies with our current judge: Carrack. And to the victor chosen by Carrack, step forward and claim your Octed Amulet:

gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Additionally I will let you know the topic for the fourteenth Inspiration Friday of 2016, as you may wish to tie the 13thand 14th challenges together (though the victor chosen by Carrack will judge only the 13th challenge. The winner of the 13th chooses the winner of the 14th).

The 14th Inspiration Friday will be Tales of Dishonour

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
Gifts and Music
Spoiler

I've had too much fun, sun, and rum, I'm back for a little grimness and darkness. I'll make my decision soon.

Edited by Carrack, 30 April 2016 - 01:14 PM.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts

Perfect Mistake

The wound on the back of Agholor's head still had not yet healed. Despite his blood clotting instantly as it should have, new flesh had not yet taken hold. It remained there, a scab cast dark purple by the ichor in his blood. He spit on the floor of his isolation chamber, the acidic nature of the fluid leaving a tiny mark on the floor that nearly matched his scab for size. 

Agholor kept this room free of any decoration. In stark contrast to the rest of his ship, which held a riot of sound and color and other sensations, this room offered nothing. The floor had practically no temperature, neither hot nor cold. No sound, no matter how loud, could penetrate this island of silence. Even the seam of the door barely stood out from the pale grey of the walls. 

Some of the more insubordinate of Agholor's brothers in the Flawless Host had questioned this practice, in rare moments of clarity brought about by an absence of drugs in their system or afforded to some by fasting. He had never answered them. He kept his own council on the matter and those that persisted in asking felt the keen touch of his blade.

But he knew what brought him here, and anyone with any perspective could have easily discerned it as well. Agholor came here only after battles in which he had received a wound at the hands of the enemy. Here, he could think. Without sensation or passion driving his body as it did in war, he could focus on the mistakes he had made. This particular mistake that had brought him today came from a surprising source. Surprising, not only because the blow had come from behind his head, but because its source had been a mere Guardsmen who erroneously thought he could bash Agholor's skull in with the butt of his lasrifle. Agholor had thanked him for this illuminating wound by flaying the young man with one of his more pleasurable knives, making sure that he never lost conciousness until the end of Agholor's attentions.

He focused on the moment in his mind. The point of impact, ringing his skull like a bell and bursting open a small section of his skin. He felt the pull of temptation, to focus his memory only on the sweet sensation of that pain, but doing so would corrupt this practice and this space. No, further. He sought for the mistake he had made, the sign he had missed, the sound he had not heard. There. With the nearly-perfect memory afforded to him as an Astartes, he found the sound of sliding rubble in his memory of that day. He had ignored it, unconsciously writing it off as nothing more than the masonry beneath his feet shifting from the weight of his armored form. Wrong. A base human, crawling to where Agholor roared in pleasure, had made the sound as he approached. There. The sound of a lasrifle, swung through the air. Wind whistling just behind. Idle noise thrown up from the battlefield? Wrong. The lasrifle hit home and burst apart upon meeting Agholor's reinforced skull, but not before dealing him his latest wound.

He replayed the moment for hours. Every time he made himself feel the wound again and again, but denying himself the pleasure. In a way, he honored that nameless Guardsman who had struck. He would never forget that wound now, the errors that had brought it to him, and the face of the young man who had bequeathed it. Agholor considered that somehow, someway, perhaps the young man lived on in his memory, with the scene playing again with such frequency inside his brain. 

Agholor ended his ritual and stood. Feeling the back of his head, he grinned with satisfaction upon finding the wound gone.  He left the chamber with a laugh on his lips, and delved into the infinite pleasures his life offered him, made all the sweeter by his temporary abstinence. 

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
Lesser Daemons

The Horror, by Scourged

Excellent story. What really jumped out at me was the impact you gave the word "more", by its repeated use. It felt like you incorporated the very rhythm of the story to aid in its telling. Another thing I liked, was how you explained An'shwar's reasoning behind murdering her family. There was enough justification for it to seem believable to me, but not too much to take away from her evil and insane character. I also liked the sheer madness of the events you described, the candles, lines, laughing hordes of daemons, such fun. :)

Q’tlah’itsu’aksho, by Kierdale

Your descriptions are excellent, even before you got to your stables of daemonettes, your descriptions of the other three gods' lesser servants truly captured their essence, in but a few lines. I think that writing good descriptions is especially important when you write an encyclopedia style bit of background. (I'm not sure what's the literary term for this kind of writing.) The part of the story I enjoyed the most was the relationship between the two groups of daemonettes, it was very original. The opening of your story was quite good as well.

Untitled, by Warsmith.

Goosebumps. The Child of Calamity is such a good setting, particularly the scale of it, the fact that your Grand Company, not a small warband, inhabits just a small portion of it shows some of this scale, as does having an Alpha Legionary infiltrate the hulk for weeks. My favorite part of your story was its tone. It was creepy. For me, horror is like shooting mortars over a hill, it's impossible to know yourself whether you hit the target. I think you did. I also like how you built on an idea from a previous story. For this contest, I didn't reread the story, I just went with my recollections of the previous story, they were more than enough, the story was good on its own, not that that matters.

So I am left with the task of choosing a winner. I'm not sure how to do that, they all were really good. I've considered rolling dice, printing them out and taping them to a door as I search for my darts, consulting a magic 8 ball, and breaking a wishbone, but those methods all have their drawbacks.

The winner is Warsmith Aznable.

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

Untitled, by Warsmith.

Goosebumps. The Child of Calamity is such a good setting, particularly the scale of it, the fact that your Grand Company, not a small warband, inhabits just a small portion of it shows some of this scale, as does having an Alpha Legionary infiltrate the hulk for weeks. My favorite part of your story was its tone. It was creepy. For me, horror is like shooting mortars over a hill, it's impossible to know yourself whether you hit the target. I think you did. I also like how you built on an idea from a previous story. For this contest, I didn't reread the story, I just went with my recollections of the previous story, they were more than enough, the story was good on its own, not that that matters.

The winner is Warsmith Aznable.

I am honoured to be chosen again, and also that someone actually remembered "Three Ladies". When I wrote that entry I felt like it didn't go over well at all, since no mentioned it at the time.

With this one I was worried the "missing time" wouldn't work, leaving readers confused as to what was actually going on. Horror is super hard, a tightrope between boring and campy. I don't try it often, but I was mostly happy with how this one turned out.

I look forward to judging Tales of Honour, and reading all the entries!

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
The Martyrdom of Captain Valedor

Tancrea, The Pillars of Fortitude

Part 1
Where There's Smoke, There's Fire
Spoiler

Part 2
Red Smile

Spoiler

Part 3
Martyrdom

Spoiler

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

I felt a little inspired last night and managed to scribble up a short little thing:

Champion's Blade

The stink of blood was ever present as the sound of the dead and dying was everywhere around him, a maelstrom of noise that seemed to exist in a storm around him and for a moment Sergeant Gleff Hantim wondered who they were fighting this time, and as the storm of violence began to reach him he decided that it didn't matter.

What did matter to him was that the enemy was attempting their charge again, to break their lines with their lasguns and gas masked clad faces, the rubber masks hiding the mysteries of their foe's faces. He didn't try to imagine their faces though, and instead met them with his power sword and laspistol, a rallying cry on his lips as he lept into the fray, tearing into the enemy with the brutal efficiency that only a soldier could manage.

Blood sprayed as he hacked left and right, the gun in his hand finishing anyone the sword didn't immediately kill. There was no point in taking prisoners from their attackers, and even less in having them needlessly suffer. He only stopped easing their suffering when the power cell in the pistol ran dry and the enemy wouldn't relent long enough to allow him to reload. So the pistol went back into the holster as the sword continued its bloody work, the power field angrily growling as it continued to bite into the people he'd been sent to this world to kill. Some tried to block the crackling blade with their rifles only to have the power field reduce the weapon to mess of burning metal.

Almost as quickly as the wave of men had pounded into his line they drew back, breaking to let someone through. While the man's rank insignia was unfamiliar to Hantim he could tell that whomever had come to see what had stopped the advance was important. Part of it was the way the man carried himself, almost as if he wasn't in a hurry despite being in the middle of a battlefield, the other was the impressive looking blade that he was aiming at Hantim's weary face, the masked face barking something at him in a language he didn't speak.

The body language he did speak though. The newcomer clearly wanted to fight him, and he was more than willing to oblige. Let these dogs see the truth of who truly owned this world the old fashioned way. Mirroring the challenger's body language Hantim's blade now ran parallel to the one pointed at him, their hands almost meeting in the middle, the challenge accepted despite neither side knowing what the other was saying.

Eternity seemed to stretch on as neither moved, each trying to judge the other's action and prepare to counter-act first. Eternity exploded as the blades began to flash, the power fields sparking as they collided, the men meeting on equal terms at first as they attacked and blocked in rapid succession. Both men had considerable talent and experience with their blades, but the challenger wasn't as fluid in his movements, as if his body was at its limits before they had even started.

Hantim almost wanted to give the man a reprieve in the name of fair competition but without having the words to discuss things he decided to instead allow the man seek eternal rest. His blade began to strike faster and faster, drawing blood each time it struck, the shallow cuts beginning to strike deeper and deeper into his opponent's flesh, the power field searing the wounds shut before they had a chance to drain the other man. The challenger was faltering under the onslaught now, unable to keep up with the fury at which the sword was striking and finally look the crackling blade through the shoulder, the power sword tumbling out of his gloved hand.

Hantim saluted the man, and prepared to strike a clean killing stroke when his back exploded into a rain of pain and heat, the snapping sound of a number of lasguns opening fire catching him off guard. As his body lost control of his legs thanks to a shot severing his spine his eyes looked up at his foe and he spit in hatred as the man drew a laspistol of his own.

"Leave it to the followers of the Corpse-God to not know the honor of a fair contest. May Khorne damn you for all time."

If the Guardsman understood Hantim's cursing he didn't react as he pulled the trigger, a bolt of energy lancing from the muzzle of the weapon and through the traitor sergeant's face, silencing his curses forever.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts

Love the story, Fulkes. People speak often of Khorne as possibly a god of martial honor, but I have never seen anyone execute that concept in a narrative. 

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

Love the story, Fulkes. People speak often of Khorne as possibly a god of martial honor, but I have never seen anyone execute that concept in a narrative.

Thanks! The idea snuck up onto me rather quickly after reading the prompt and I was rather pleased in being able to convey it properly. I'm always glad to bring new facets out of the lore.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

I struggled for a bit to get something going, but then I thought of a fun way to play with an old character for a bit. Enjoy.

Spoiler

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

This is a story that's been rattling around inside my head for ages. Since I'm out of competition this time I think I can get away with finally having a go at it since I don't need to worry about winning.

Part One - Founding a New Chapter.

scene: deep in the bowels of a decrepit bulk freighter's secondary storage units, a makeshift squad bay with two small rooms attached, well separated from the crew and the levies of second rate Guard conscripts and volunteers, a group of five space marines awaits the final passage to their next war zone.

Hidden Content

Part Two - Planetfall

scene - A vast port, shipping containers of various shapes and sizes stacked several layers high and arranged in a labyrinthine manner. The constant rumble of arriving and departing transports filling the air, thousands upon thousands of humans milling about by group: guard troops, frateris militia, pilgrims, civilians, port workers. Five space marines were making their way as far away from the crowds as they could possibly get.

Hidden Content

Part Three - Into the Fray

scene - a platoon of mechanized Imperial Guard rumbled down the lonely highway: four Chimeras, two Leman Russ tanks, and a supply truck bringing up the rear. The earth was blasted and pockmarked in every direction, and the remains of a burnt forest reached out of the ground like grasping, skeletal hands. The sepia haze of recent wildfires hung heavily in the air, obscuring vision and making breathing difficult. The muffled crump of artillery and chatter of stubbers drifted through the haze from all directions, and looming ahead were the broken outlines of a ruined Imperial city. Five space marines rode uneasily on the tops of two of the Chimeras, weapons at the ready, taking cover as best as they could among the piles of ruck sacks, sand bags, and bundles of equipment.

Hidden Content

Part Four - Continue Mission

scene - a broken and ruined palatial complex. Three space marines crept through the shattered remains, keeping to the shadows and moving silently. Scrawled on the walls in a biolumenescent paint were strange, alien symbols and drawings.

Hidden Content

Part Five - In the Darkness

scene - several layers below the surface, in the bowels of a genetorum, three marines move through the dark, abandoned access tunnels.

Hidden Content

Part Six - Lost and Found

scene - the ruins of a once large Imperial city. Fires were burning, choking the streets with smoke. Civilians and PDF were streaming through the streets in a panic, and the sound of warfare surrounded them. A large plaza with a cathedral caught some of the fleeing mobs who surged to and fro against the tide of humanity in an attempt to gain entrance to the spiritual sanctuary of the structure, but those were held at bay by a squad of power armoured human females in red and black livery, backed by an ornate Immolator parked upon the steps directly in front of the main entrance. Two space marines emerge into the plaza, swept up by the maddened crowd.

Hidden Content

Part Seven - The Treasure Vault

scene - a secure vault, deep, deep below the planet's surface. Two space marines stand before a blast door, working feverishly on the electronic lock. The bodies of purple-sashed humans lay in a semi circle around them, having died in a mad rush trying to reach them with their crude, makeshift weapons.

Hidden Content

PART EIGHT - Skulls for the Golden Throne

scene - A vast space port, visibility nearly zero, the air choked with spores and noxious gases. A Sisters of Battle Rhino lies overturned, piled beneath upset shipping containers. An Immolator sits nearby, laying down covering fire with its twin-linked heavy bolters. A lone space marine stands with the survivors of the squad of Sisters of Battle who rescued him after the Ork air raid. Surrounding them for miles around are scattered bands of the Tyranid second wave.

Hidden Content

Epilogue

Hidden Content

I don't know if it works, but it's been in my head too long and had to come out.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,802 posts
med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png
I thank you for your excellent entries in Tales of Honour over the last week.

Son of Carnelian gave us Perfect Mistake. We don’t get a lot of Slaaneshi entries but this was a really good one. I loved that Agholor had a form of sensory deprivation chamber in which he could focus on things counter to the call of the Dark Prince, his focusing on the injury he had received and in this way his honouring of the mortal who had dealt him it.

Carrack gave us The Martyrdom of Captain Valedor. An excellent entry from the point of view of Imperial Guard selling their lives as dearly as possible in the face of a traitor astartes assault. In my mind I could picture it all and that the final scene took place in deafened silence was very fitting indeed for a last stand. Bravo!

Fulkes’s Champion's Blade told us the tale of a Khornate champion embodying The Lord of Blood’s respect of martial honour. As Son of Carnelian said, it was great to see someone write about this seldom seen yet so interesting aspect of Khorne.

Scourged’s entry this week was Gift Giver, the tale of one of the Scourged joining a communion of mortals aboard his starship, in worship of the fallen chapter master - now a hellbrute - Gallus the Deceived, who had been responsible for the chapter being granted `The Gift`.

Warsmith Aznable, this week’s judge, gave us a mammoth entry!..which I must admit I am still part way through reading.

I hereby close that topic for the purposes of rewards (though, as always, if you have more tales to tell feel free to post them at any time).

And here begins our fourteenth challenge of Inspirational Friday 2016, the other side of the coin:
Tales of Dishonour
“Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: / Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. ”

“So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: / It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: / It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.”

“But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.”

– ancient Terran text

In the 13th challenge of IF 2016 we looked at tales of honour. In the 14th challenge I ask for you to give us tales of vilest villainy, betrayal, heresy, bonds broken and oaths trampled upon, daggers plunged into the backs of brothers. Tales of dishonour.

Inspirational Friday: Tales of Dishonour runs until the 13th of May.

Let us be inspired.

And who shall judge this new challenge? That decision lies with our current judge: Warsmith Aznable. And to the victor chosen by Aznable, step forward and claim your Octed Amulet:
gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts
I will reread all the entries again, and post my decision after I've slept on it. Announcement tomorrow afternoon.

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts
I choose Son of Carnelian's "Perfect Mistake."

A very good characterization of a difficult subject (cultic chaos lord's private mind.)

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts

I choose Son of Carnelian's "Perfect Mistake."

A very good characterization of a difficult subject (cultic chaos lord's private mind.)

My thanks, Warsmith Aznable! I look forward to seeing what next week brings and judging the entries. 

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
The Sparks of Rose
Spoiler

Not quite John Locke, The Book of Common Prayer, or 2 Timothy, but I tried for a bit of moralizing, in grim and dark fashion, of course.

Edited by Carrack, 11 May 2016 - 04:16 AM.

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

An entry running unopposed? Not on my watch! Anyway, check out Among Thieves

Spoiler

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

A prequel to my most recent story!

I hope you like it.

Hidden Content

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

A little story about a Guard regiment dishonored:

Spoiler

Honestly I'm not 100% sure if it fits the theme but it's the only thing that came to mind for this prompt for me.

Edited by Fulkes, 13 May 2016 - 04:14 PM.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts

All excellent entries so far. Keep them coming!