The colorful library - survey

Bung

Hello guys, i have some time to spend and i got an idea.

I want to make a collection of non-internet based hobby information. Acollection of painting books and the like with comment how usefull they are for painters and everyone who is interested.

Like what to find in the GW painting books or the Masterclass books from Forgeworld. Not limited to GW and books.

I got a lot of books over some years and maybe someone would find that information usefull.

I want to know if you would be interested or not and what would be interesting for you to know about that books.

• 2 years later...

I think this would be a good resource thread in that regard. I've got a couple books on mixing meant for oil based paints, but it's invaluable for creating a color if you're new to mixing with the Citadel range.

I think a better title would be a compilation of painting resources? Am I understanding your goal correctly? :)

I found Jeremy Bonamont' "Figopedia" to be a surprisingly good resource, regardless of how new you are to painting.

I liked Angel Giraldez's two painting books good too, but they are pretty Infinity-specific in terms of paint guides.

The old Privateer Press "Forces of- " books also had some nice techiques and tutorials in them too. I collected them together into one PDF for ease of use. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A question for anyone that has both: if you can only get one would you get Figopedia or Angel Giraldez's Masterclass 2.

Sorry for the realy late answer, i totally missed, that i made that thread.

For the books it realy  depends what you are looking for.

The Giraldez Masterclass shows you alot of how Angel paints his miniatures with brush and airbrush and alot of his paint recipes for Infinty miniatures.

If you want to work like that, you should know how to use an airbrush and should be a more advanced painter in general.

For the Figopedia its a book of color and light theory whit a more genereall aproach without any paint recipes. 

If you are on a more advanced level of painting its really usefull and interesting, but you already need to know how to paint in generall.

My best recommendation for the first painting book one should have is Arsies Painting Toolbox. Its like a paintign workshop in itslef. Hr covers a bit of usefull color and light theory and a lot of differnt painting technics, which you wont find in other miniature painting books. HHe covers the use of an Airbrush too, with a bit of converting etc. Its a great overall book if you dont want to go into a specific object.