HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

Any information on the Cortus Contemptor? 

From @Garro on Heresy30k. 

• contemptor-cortus is here. basically a contemptor with lower strength and side/back armour, has fleet and move through cover. gains a flat 5+ invuln. it had all the usual dreadnought weapons and has an 'atomatic overcharge' which allows it to pick a bonus from a list but at the end of the turn, must roll a 2+ or lose a hull point. cheapest of the FW dreadnought classes and is an elites choice.

http://heresy30k.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/5934-garros-weekender-info-dump/?p=115258

While Book 6 seems awesome and it's nice to see changes to the original four Legions, I was actually a little underwhelmed by the models this year. There wasn't all that much to show, all things considered and especially compared to past Weekenders. The books definitely outshone the models, but that may just be because I have little interest in either Thousand Sons or Space Wolves. The new RoWs were extremely lackluster, and unfortunately we didn't even get to see the Cortus Contemptor.

I am hoping for some thematic kits for Shattered Legions (Traitor and Loyal) and Black Shields.

Any information on the Cortus Contemptor?

From @Garro on Heresy30k.

• contemptor-cortus is here. basically a contemptor with lower strength and side/back armour, has fleet and move through cover. gains a flat 5+ invuln. it had all the usual dreadnought weapons and has an 'atomatic overcharge' which allows it to pick a bonus from a list but at the end of the turn, must roll a 2+ or lose a hull point. cheapest of the FW dreadnought classes and is an elites choice.

http://heresy30k.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/5934-garros-weekender-info-dump/?p=115258

It's supposed to be for cc, right? But it has -1 back AV? That's kinds silly.

Does anyone have the skinny on the new Dark Archmagos Scoria (the scorpion dude)?

I really want to run him with my House Malinax, arlatax, battle automata, and Domitar detachment for an ultra mega dark AdMech scorpion detachment of doom.

Nuff said.

I wanna thank all of our reporters and photographers, we across the pond salute you!

On Russ...holy crap is that body amazing. Freaking amazing. Im slightly afraid for his head though. I know the presented head is a place holder, but I have a lack of confidence in FW when it comes to long hair.

WLK

Wolf lord do you know about the new update to raven guard? You'll be quite happy! Check out the tactica.

So I wasn't all that impressed with the forgeworld space wolves until I compared them to GWs wulfen.

I love Forgeworld biggrin.png

If youre talking about the new RoW, read it, not excited.

Got more disappointed when I saw the UM RoW.

WLK

Wolf lord do you know about the new update to raven guard? You'll be quite happy! Check out the tactica.

So I wasn't all that impressed with the forgeworld space wolves until I compared them to GWs wulfen.

I love Forgeworld biggrin.png

If youre talking about the new RoW, read it, not excited.

Got more disappointed when I saw the UM RoW.

WLK

Okay, now see that you meant the Dark Fury update.

Frankly, that makes them a bit crazy.

WLK

I know someone pointed out a change to Phalanx Warders and Dorn, i guess this was picked up in the new red book.

Anyone catch any other changes to current units?

What's the change to Warders? I know about Dorn being buffed (loss of Unwieldy, Reaping Blow - of which I'm not sure what it does), but what changed with Warders? Are they points worthy now or cheaper? Rules change?

I know someone pointed out a change to Phalanx Warders and Dorn, i guess this was picked up in the new red book.

Anyone catch any other changes to current units?

What's the change to Warders? I know about Dorn being buffed (loss of Unwieldy, Reaping Blow - of which I'm not sure what it does), but what changed with Warders? Are they points worthy now or cheaper? Rules change?

Warders give +1WS instead of Initiative now.

That... that's a de-buff >_>

Kinda but not really. Sure, they aren't an uber-ZM unit anymore but WS5 Power Axes and/or Thunderhammers is nice especially if the buff is just passive if they're in B2B and not activated by getting charged. But I dont have that info so I'm not sure on that.

Means that Dorn is WS9 with them in tow though!

That... that's a de-buff >_>

Kinda but not really. Sure, they aren't an uber-ZM unit anymore but WS5 Power Axes and/or Thunderhammers is nice especially if the buff is just passive if they're in B2B and not activated by getting charged. But I dont have that info so I'm not sure on that.

Means that Dorn is WS9 with them in tow though!

Iirc they do have to be charged and in b2b. I can check when I get on the plane.

Is there anything missing from book 6? Info that garro, parker etc missed? Clarifications? It's hard to tell on mobile with how long the thread is.

Also Search: This Topic is your friend if you're looking for info & just tuning in. (it's at the top of the page)

Clarifications on any RoW limitations would be nice, actually, since a few of them havent had theirs mentioned.

Also a bit more detail for the Mechanicum stuff in the book. I think only Garro lightly went over them.

Clarifications on any RoW limitations would be nice, actually, since a few of them havent had theirs mentioned.

Also a bit more detail for the Mechanicum stuff in the book. I think only Garro lightly went over them.

You get: shaky airport phone camera pics taken under bad lighting. Congrats!

Any pics of the WE with the new color scheme? Does the book explain it?

On this pic is a little text to the mid heresy paintsheme:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t272/m_r_parker/Events/HH%20Weekender%202016/BDDA34DE-5DEC-4CF3-A743-143786380E6E_zpsxjsamvss.jpg

During the Book 6 Seminar there was also a red Red Butcher shown.

Makes me feel realy good about the color choices on my Praetor cool.png

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Praetor%2001%2010.jpg

Archived