HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

So, no news on the Emperor's Children? 

I was so hoping to hear something about the Phoenix Terminators and Palatine Blades, or the base legion rules. 

And some more detail on the Orphans of Betrayal - I am using loyalist ECs after all, the more flavour the better. 

So, no news on the Emperor's Children? 

I was so hoping to hear something about the Phoenix Terminators and Palatine Blades, or the base legion rules. 

And some more detail on the Orphans of Betrayal - I am using loyalist ECs after all, the more flavour the better. 

PGT got WS5.

PB: No info.

RoW: Kakophani are Troops, Gain Relentless and Heavy 2.

LA:EC gives a flat +1I on the charge, iirc?

Sonic Shriekers got changed to debuffing the enemy and can be taken more widely.

Thats all I can recall atm.

Oh wow I didn't catch this until reading the Heresy30k thread:

army of dark compliance

• primary detachment is made up of any units from legion crusade or the militia/cult army list
  • must contain at least a single praetor or centurion (including consuls) and they are the warlord
  • must be traitors
  • may not use rites of war
  • legiones astartes rules do not carry over to militia
  • units are counted as being from the same army list, so may share transports benefit from warlord traits .etc
  • may not have more unit choices from legions than militia.
  • may not take a discipline cadre (that's what the marines are for)
  • legion astartes gain +1 to cover saves if shot at through a militia unit, however said unit takes D3 wounds with no AP value
  • any militia unit may take the 'disposable' rule for free (don't confer victory points for being killed) but are no longer scoring.

How fun! I think I found a realistic way for me to play 30k with the minis I have. 

@Slipstreams - Reaping Blow says that you get -1 intitiative in the assault phase, and that if you have more than one enemy model in base contact with you in the initiative step you fight in, you gain +1 attack.

Certainly a much better rule now

Just like a little clarification - thats +1 attack if there is more than one enemy in b2b not +1 attack for each enemy in b2b?

edit: ninja'd :)   and sorry to all the Fist players but I dont think he's quite as good as first thought. Still better though! :)

Did anyone else notice how comically chunky the new Cataphractii pads' trim is? It looks WAAAY off, especially when compared to normal Cataphractii / existing Death Guard pads.

Case in point:

I like the old ones DG have, the crossed scythes look killer.

Is the Domitar the same size as that Iron Circle version?

Yes.

I thought those have been around for a while?

They Changed from Elites to Heavy Support, is the change.

With the amount of stuff we've seen and have yet to see from tomorrow? Theres no way to Tell haha!

Assuming they show off a Finished Primarch Tomorrow and go "HES FOR SALE NOW!" and have him up for general sale on the Monday (Much like Mortarion's release), Most of these items should be released within the coming 2 months, I'd assume?

Did anyone else notice how comically chunky the new Cataphractii pads' trim is? It looks WAAAY off, especially when compared to normal Cataphractii / existing Death Guard pads.

Case in point:

I like the old ones DG have, the crossed scythes look killer.

Definitely, but I'd also like some variety. At the same time, the new ones look a little doofy.

They were formally an elite choice.

Is the Domitar the same size as that Iron Circle version?

Yes.

Ah, gotchas!

Oh. Didn't know that. Canonically they were said to be altered Colossus pattern robots. At least in Angel Exterminatus.

I think they were also referred to as being Conquerors in one book, although I might be wrong, and the Domitar are FW's take on those.

Oh, that means they aren't eligible for Pride of the Legion any more. 

Archived