HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

Posted · Hidden by Flint13, February 7, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Flint13, February 7, 2016 - No reason given

Of bloody course. Wait this long and it's the armour Mk I care least about, not to mention the hoard of MkIV I've got waiting for this release is looking like a poorer investment. Grumblegrumblegrumble.

Though the real kicker will be Helmets. As some of the Legion kits (DA and WS specifically) are altered enough that they can reasonably go with any armour, whereas stuff like the IFs really can only go with MkII or III. Here's hoping I haven't wasted my time and cash :unsure:.

I don't think anyone will notice you using the conversion kits on mkiv plastic marines. Or berate you for it.

If YOU think mkiv looks best, go for it.

But I will notice, and needing to mix armour bits to get that Legion flavour does sadden me somewhat. Is it a deal breaker? Not for the torsos (Helmets on the other hand...), just not an ideal outcome.

Plastic MkIV? Heh, you underestimate just how long I've been waiting and stockpiling, resin MkIV or bust! :P

Then don't use the conversion bits.

Then don't use the conversion bits.

And therein lies the heart of my disappointment. I'm left with the choice of either not using the upgrade bits, and so losing that Legion flavour, or mixing in armour Mks I don't want to use. Neither option is ideal, hence my disappointment.

You could always just buy the one kit for press moulding the details so you can transfer them across?

Besides, it is just one kit, they may do some for the other armour marks... espeially the shoulder pads.

The pads are my biggest bug-bear... Its just a straight up copy of Ragnar Blackmanes pads. I was wishing for RT Wolves insignias...

I'll trade you pads for torsos??

I can't wait for the new Arlatax model! Especially with that power scourge - I hope it's a giant mechadendrite whip!!! :drool:

Thinking of running three of those babies alongside those new battle automata (the pre blight drones) and some Thallax!

Well, first I'd like to thank everyone for the coverage! You all are greatly appreciated!

Second, I'm thrilled for the SW and TS players. They will no doubt be awesome.

Lastly, I won't pretend...I'm disappointed about the lack of Dorn or Alpharius. It's awesome that Russ is coming up but I can't help but feel a little sour knowing that we've had rules for the former two for nearly two years now. I know that "Alpharius has already been released" but I want a nice centerpiece model to call Alpharius while the real Big A hangs out with some tacticals. I read earlier in the thread that FW have run into some issues cracking out character series models, mainly due to a lack of sculptors. I'm curious if this is what's delayed Dorn and Alph or if they're being saved for further down the line.

Now my whining aside, the event seems like it was just as awesome as many were hoping and there were so many new toys!

With the news of the Scouring arriving at some point in the future, I can feel the pull of a certain group of Templars...

Well, first I'd like to thank everyone for the coverage! You all are greatly appreciated!

Second, I'm thrilled for the SW and TS players. They will no doubt be awesome.

Lastly, I won't pretend...I'm disappointed about the lack of Dorn or Alpharius. It's awesome that Russ is coming up but I can't help but feel a little sour knowing that we've had rules for the former two for nearly two years now. I know that "Alpharius has already been released" but I want a nice centerpiece model to call Alpharius while the real Big A hangs out with some tacticals. I read earlier in the thread that FW have run into some issues cracking out character series models, mainly due to a lack of sculptors. I'm curious if this is what's delayed Dorn and Alph or if they're being saved for further down the line.

Now my whining aside, the event seems like it was just as awesome as many were hoping and there were so many new toys!

With the news of the Scouring arriving at some point in the future, I can feel the pull of a certain group of Templars...

I was about to post the same thing!

But also thanks to everyone in very jealous of y'all and thankful. Hopefully I can make it someday!

Scouring news were awesome. Im quite happy with it. But the scouring is still the legions hunting the traitor legions or will it be the new second founding chapters? Also I know im going to like the 30k wolves. Love the color scheme. And the upgrades seem simple with no obscene amount of fur.

And Custodes. Oh hell yes.

After the 40th birthday event I stated Russ had been explicitly stated as being next. A number of people suggested I was lying or just wrong...

Seems you were quite right haha. I didn't see your post at the time but I would have tempered my expectations.

Gotta say I'm slightly disappointed by the lack of Alpharius (I know the rumor shifted to Russ & Magnus as being next but I was still holding a candle for maybe that meant Alpharius was DONE or something). But realistically I'm not done with any of my Alpha Legion and my kitchen table is half-covered with un-built models so it isn't like I'm ready to go all-in on the Primarch anyway...

Phenominal work on the part of Atia & the Bunnies, thanks to everyone who showed up & shot pics of everything going on.

Gotta say I'm slightly disappointed by the lack of Alpharius (I know the rumor shifted to Russ & Magnus as being next but I was still holding a candle for maybe that meant Alpharius was DONE or something). But realistically I'm not done with any of my Alpha Legion and my kitchen table is half-covered with un-built models so it isn't like I'm ready to go all-in on the Primarch anyway...

Phenominal work on the part of Atia & the Bunnies, thanks to everyone who showed up & shot pics of everything going on.

Simon (I think it's Simon, long day for me haha) is working on Russ. Israel is doign Rubio in his spare time and afaik was meant to do Alpharius and Dorn. But Russ from Simon is no news, that's what was said even when he still had to work on Corax' backpack :)

Thanks to Atia, the Bunnies and everyone else that has done a bang up job, giving us all this content.

You deserve a hug and cake, for you efforts.

Simon (I think it's Simon, long day for me haha) is working on Russ. Israel is doign Rubio in his spare time and afaik was meant to do Alpharius and Dorn. But Russ from Simon is no news, that's what was said even when he still had to work on Corax' backpack :)

Simon claimed Russ as his, in the early days of the HH project. He apparantly has a strong bond with him.

Archived