HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

If this mildewed fragment from the cobwebbed recesses of my memory is correct, didn't the Knight character from Mechanicum ("Machine, heal thyself"?) have turbo-lasers? If so, the new one would appear to be at least a partial match for that.

Edit: I started feeling churlish not to have added my thanks to the contributors also: so, thank you.

A few thoughts from me:

The new Mechanicum stuff is awesome! Love the cute drone. Although this all messes with my plans - I wanted to do a big Mechanicum force initially ... now I'm not sure and may do a few smaller ones instead. I guess the Mechanicum is now on par with Legions - we will get rules for different Titan Legions, and the list(s) is/are now so big that you can't field all units at once anymore in a standard game.

blogger-image-467327974.jpg

12696286_10153454527818831_123494178_n.j

Legions - really hyped for both Space Wolves and 1k Sons, and the Black Shield and SL lists sounds cool, with a lot of nice unique themes to use for small ZM armies.

gallery_70416_11714_64835%2B%25281%2529.

Primarchs and Character Series:

We got the teaser for Russ - while i would have liked it to get the last missing Primarch from the older books, Dorn, it's ok - I think we may get him as star for the Mars book msn-wink.gif

We got rules for 10 more Characters with Retribution, 2(-3) already done, atleast 4 more will get models. Cool. Wish they would do them faster though.

Knights:

Grumpy Knight ahoi - love him, need three of this chassis for my House Vyronii force

blogger-image--821033871.jpg

Stormbird:

Pretty cool, although the true star is the landing pad imho

blogger-image--1021313818.jpg

Thank you everyone for providing picture and details of the event, hope you had a good time between the relentless questions coming from us smile.png

Liking everything that came out. Really considering a mechanicum force now..

Post Weekend thoughts from me:

- Star of the show was Leman Russ. I am so over the moon that he looks so damned awesome. Him alone has pushed me towards SW as my main legion, destpite working on Imperial Fists atm.

- The SL and Blackshield army lists sounds really awesome. It really enables me to be that hobby bee that I am, and field armies from more then one legion at the time.

- The Grumpy Knight. He will look awesome next to the Errant and the tall Cerastus.

- The new Battle automata look damned cool. It makes me want to have a second go at painting Skitarii/Mechanicus/Mechanicum. I burned out on a colorscheme I did not really feel for.

- Stormbird looks cool. But unless I win the lottery i will never afford one.

- The Iron Circle looks SO rad. I need one (or three) and Perto stat!

All in all alot of cool stuff, that further pushes me away from 40k and into 30k.

Now can there please be a warp anomaly, so that the SW stuff will be out tomorrow!

Now that things are winding down, I'm wondering is someone with book 6 in hand could post picks of the Salamanders content (or point me to any pics I obviously missed). I think there was a 'revision' on Cassian Dracos, a new character (Xiaprhus Jurr?) and the new RoW (I know the crunch of it was posted, but I'd also like to see the fluff). Pretty pretty please with flamers and meltas on top biggrin.png

Any idea when the first Wolves upgrades will drop? Are we a couple months out or are they going to hold off until the end of the year when Inferno is released?

I hope soon. But depending on how different the wolf army list is, waiting untill Inferno, might be required anyways.

Will be holding off on a FW order until the 1k Sons Contemptor and the next wave up upgrade kits hit.

I feel like Cartman waiting , someone needs to freeze me.

Better not or you will wake up exactly when the Wulfen re-appear :P 

For everyone who has been posting up info from this wekends event, Thanks of the covererage biggrin.png

My thoughts on the event:

The grumpy knight is going to be a "must buy" for my, I may even have to bump my knights to the front of my painting queue.

It's great to see the rules for WS, BA and DA - about time they got some rules and I'm really liking the WS

FW continues to produce outstanding mechanicum models, hopefully they will release 40K rules for them all soon

The previews for the SW and TS are also about time, the 30K SW look excellent and are much more to my taste than the 40K versions. I had been hoping this weekend would help me decide between WS and SW as a second HH army, looks like I will will need to wait until inferno drops and we see some SW rules.

The big disappointment for me is the lack of any models for Dorn or Alpharius. I am genuinely despondent about this.

This March will be the 2 year anniversary of book 3 being released, and we still have no sign of when either of these guys will get a model.

The rules update for Dorn really make me want to include him in my IF army, but I don't see any hope of a model for Dorn or Alpharius before 2018 at the earliest.

I would love to be wrong about this, but we know 2016 is Corax and Russ (as he's the preview they had). I would guess the 2017 weekender will see the release of Magnus. I would expect late 2017 to be a tie in with the next HH book. So not Dorn or Alpharius.

To be honest, I would not be surprised to see a couple of Daemon primarch models released before Dorn pushing him back a couple more years beyond 2018.

Anyone got any good recomendatons for 3rd party models for Dorn or Alpharius?

Will be holding off on a FW order until the 1k Sons Contemptor and the next wave up upgrade kits hit.

Better not or you will wake up exactly when the Wulfen re-appear tongue.png

But they already did... http://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Space-Wolves-Wulfen LOL

Better not or you will wake up exactly when the Wulfen re-appear tongue.png

But they already did... http://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Space-Wolves-Wulfen LOL

no .... nooooooooooo ..... NOOOOOOOO

Oh, and since it fits, comment from Laurie:

Games Workshop have just done the "Wulfen" .... well forget "them"

Will be holding off on a FW order until the 1k Sons Contemptor and the next wave up upgrade kits hit.I feel like Cartman waiting , someone needs to freeze me.

Better not or you will wake up exactly when the Wulfen re-appear :P

They did? All i have seen are bad halloween costume wearing space dancers...

Thank you one and all for your coverage and news from the weekender, it's really appreciated.

The highlight for me has to be Russ, I cannot wait to see that in all its finished glory. Take my money!

The Stormbird looks amazing, but as XWing said, I cant justify the cost of one unless I win the lottery and fulfil my dream of a massive man cave filled with Lego and Miniatures

Archived