HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

Thank you one and all for your coverage and news from the weekender, it's really appreciated.

The highlight for me has to be Russ, I cannot wait to see that in all its finished glory. Take my money!

The Stormbird looks amazing, but as XWing said, I cant justify the cost of one unless I win the lottery and fulfil my dream of a massive man cave filled with Lego and Miniatures

I would need a warehouse to house all the stuff i would buy, if that happened.

I would like to thank everyone for their contributions to the war effort  especially Atia. For me, yesterday was the big awsome day were the real winner was the new legion rules while today was a bit of a dissapointment. Was hoping for more models.

Also I wasn't annoyed with Dorn not being there until they specifically said he's based off of Dolph Lundgren, I've now got this image of Dorn yelling this I must break you at Perterabo.

There are people that still use Rogue Trader and 2nd ed. models in their armies. Taking Epic to a different scale threatens to lose people who already have armies and would be looking to add to them/use them with new rules rather than start all over again from scratch.

Those 5 people are SOL then, but maybe having active studio support is a nice consolation prize. 10mm is a much better scale since you can really get some details on those models.

Will be holding off on a FW order until the 1k Sons Contemptor and the next wave up upgrade kits hit.

I feel like Cartman waiting , someone needs to freeze me.

Better not or you will wake up exactly when the Wulfen re-appear tongue.png

But they already did... http://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Space-Wolves-Wulfen LOL

no .... nooooooooooo ..... NOOOOOOOO

Oh, and since it fits, comment from Laurie:

Games Workshop have just done the "Wulfen" .... well forget "them"

Oh....OOHHHH......

I'm not going to lie this weekender revieved my Heresy crave. Though it helped a little too much because I now wanna play 3 legions. 

When do we peasants who couldn't make the weekender get access to Retribution and the red books? I can't wait very long. 

Thank you all so much for the excellent coverage!

Totally stoked for the TS upgrades and Contemptor any idea when those will hit the webstore?

Also was there any mention of Magnus at all during the seminar? Rules in progress? Model? etc.

Cannot wait for Inferno drool.gif

I'm not going to lie this weekender revieved my Heresy crave. Though it helped a little too much because I now wanna play 3 legions.

When do we peasants who couldn't make the weekender get access to Retribution and the red books? I can't wait very long.

Revived mine too :) in hoping the book goes up soon, I'll probably order it when I get paid on the 15th so either tomorrow or Friday are fine by me ;)

To Atia, The Battle Bunnies, m_r_parker, and everyone else who gave pictures or helped share information.

This event has dropped so much stuff that I think everyone is gonna be in a daze for the next week or so, it has given all of us a lot to think about & go over, and we have you wonderful people to thank for it.

Cheers.

They are not reviving epic! They are doing it as a new scale!

Also, Dantay .... i think she stole your designs haha xD

Prob 10mm scale instead of 6 mm.

They are not reviving epic! They are doing it as a new scale!

Also, Dantay .... i think she stole your designs haha xD

New scale? That's going to go down well...

It has been SO long since they stopped making any epic scale models. They can not be a slave to the past.

EDIT: Moved response to the Epic thread.

As for the Secutarii - they're nice bitz for the 40K army, but personally I'm disappointed as they're a huge wasted opportunity to give us models that match some of the other depictions of Skitarii we've had in the fiction over the years. But then, such models wouldn't make good bitz for 40K players to buy, so money wins out again.

Awesome coverage! Fighting the temptation to do an allied Ultramar mechanicum force. It's so great to see people finally getting to see the stuff they've been waiting for biggrin.png

Also Gav Thorpe just posted the cover art for "Angels of Caliban" over on his site:

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/Wallpaper-Angels-of-Caliban-Artwork-Neil-Roberts_zpstmt2cooz.jpg

Some more little snippets from the after-talk:

- Secutarii are basically the foot slodging defend units of the Titans 

- There may be an Emperor model out before Daemon Primarchs and maybe even all the other Primarchs are out

- Magnus will be the biggest Primarch model so far

- will be in a diorama with Russ and puppies, hence they want to do him bigger (so that he doesn't get lost)

- we *may* see an army by GW usable for 30k too - i heard similiar talk already about one or two army releases that may be within the next two years and may be usable for both 30k and 40k

Awesome coverage! Fighting the temptation to do an allied Ultramar mechanicum force. It's so great to see people finally getting to see the stuff they've been waiting for :D

Also Gav Thorpe just posted the cover art for "Angels of Caliban" over on his site:

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/Wallpaper-Angels-of-Caliban-Artwork-Neil-Roberts_zpstmt2cooz.jpg

This Lion doesn't have a sweet 'stache :(

Hmm more plastic heresy then. This is awesome news for me, due to my dreadness of Resin. Unless its mechanicus. Which will probably be.

i didn't say plastic heresy ^^ armies that may be used in both settings, mind that

Awesome coverage! Fighting the temptation to do an allied Ultramar mechanicum force. It's so great to see people finally getting to see the stuff they've been waiting for biggrin.png

This Lion doesn't have a sweet 'stache sad.png

musta burned off in the forest fire

Hmm more plastic heresy then. This is awesome news for me, due to my dreadness of Resin. Unless its mechanicus. Which will probably be.

i didn't say plastic heresy ^^ armies that may be used in both settings, mind that
Mechanicus then :P let me speculate freely and twist your words ;)

Mechanicus then tongue.png

GW will release more mechanicus stuff, but that wouldn't be a "new" army ;)

Archived