HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

Hmm more plastic heresy then. This is awesome news for me, due to my dreadness of Resin. Unless its mechanicus. Which will probably be.

i didn't say plastic heresy ^^ armies that may be used in both settings, mind that
Mechanicus then tongue.png

GW will release more mechanicus stuff, but that wouldn't be a "new" army ;)
H'rud?

Hmm more plastic heresy then. This is awesome news for me, due to my dreadness of Resin. Unless its mechanicus. Which will probably be.

i didn't say plastic heresy ^^ armies that may be used in both settings, mind that

Exodites. Whoop whoop!

..I want them so bad.

Ok - I'm back home now, just heating up a pizza and making a cup of tea. Been having a think on the Inferno seminar on the drive back, will try to jot down my thoughts over the next hour or so (now that I have a full size keyboard, and can listen to the recordings of the seminars I sneakily made, hehehe), but there was some good bits in the discussion between Alan and Laurie.

Plus I need to see the madness that's developed on this thread over the past 3 hours or so, and digest that.

I will return later with the Inferno debrief, and later tomorrow for the other seminars I was in (Calth, Retribution, Solar War, New Models, Art of the Heresy, & The Silent War)

Is that cataphractii terminator far left in the Lion/Cruze picture dual wielding volkite chargers?

Athrawes' volta seethe with rage...

I only see one Volkite. The terminators appear to be cut off by the edge of the picture.

You man, are a legend..

Nah - the honorific of Legend should go to others who I met at the event. Specifically people like LetsYouDown who flew from the US specifically for this event, and is heading home at 4am tomorrow after only spending a couple of days in the country, and who I had the honour of sitting next to in the Inferno seminar. Now that's some commitment right there. Not to mention the others who had come from the US and even as far away as Australia to attend this event (and not for the first time either!).

Great event all round, I just happen to turn up, take notes, and try to make sure people online get the most out of it.

Exodites. Whoop whoop!

..I want them so bad.

cool.png Lets say .... maybe thumbsup.gif Nothing set in stone yet, so lets say maybe.

Mechanicus then tongue.png
GW will release more mechanicus stuff, but that wouldn't be a "new" army msn-wink.gif
H'rud?

FW had once planned to do Hrud, they even did one (!) prototype weapon for them (Battle Bunnies got it a few years ago), but well, they got dropped. Sadly.

- we *may* see an army by GW usable for 30k too - i heard similiar talk already about one or two army releases that may be within the next two years and may be usable for both 30k and 40k

Is it going to be another imperial army?

Like Custodes? Altough in 40k, they rarely if ever venture outside the Imperial Palace.

Subtle ;)

I am disappointed in the responses I received which led me to believe this was mistaken info. Essentially I was led astray in a way that could easily have been avoided by answering my questions differently and made me look like less of an idiot.

I look like an idiot enough not to need help :)

Ok - I'm back home now, just heating up a pizza and making a cup of tea. Been having a think on the Inferno seminar on the drive back, will try to jot down my thoughts over the next hour or so (now that I have a full size keyboard, and can listen to the recordings of the seminars I sneakily made, hehehe), but there was some good bits in the discussion between Alan and Laurie.

Plus I need to see the madness that's developed on this thread over the past 3 hours or so, and digest that.

I will return later with the Inferno debrief, and later tomorrow for the other seminars I was in (Calth, Retribution, Solar War, New Models, Art of the Heresy, & The Silent War)

I am already looking forward to anything else you might have to report on any of the seminars.

Some quick questions that keep coming up for me:

Any idea on what The Silent War novel is about, who is writing it and when that might be released? 

Same question for Praetorian of Dorn, any additional info beyond the snippet published on Battle Bunnies?

Pretty cool that McNeill has nearly completed Crimson King, was anything mentioned on what the book would be about/who'd be featured? There is very little info on it so far. Anything about release date perhaps?

Did Neil McRoberts mention at any point other covers for upcoming novels he is working on?

Do you know what the 5 campaigns/background fluff from Retribution are about? So much of the talk about this book is about rules, any info on the 150 pages of story would be greatly appreciated.

The Inferno seminar, anything you might be able to add would be good, but the coverage on that already seems fairly extensive. It just seems like this will be an incredible book containing more than we even hoped for. What was that little snippet about there being possible stories about Thousand Sons not on Prospero, could that be in Inferno as well?

Finally, what's that about Chris Wraight working on a Leman Russ/SW novel during HH? He has finished Path of Heaven and this is his next HH book?

Get yourself to the FW Open Day (whenever that may be) and I sir shall stand you a pint of Bugman's finest

Thank you all so much for the excellent coverage!

Totally stoked for the TS upgrades and Contemptor any idea when those will hit the webstore?

Also was there any mention of Magnus at all during the seminar? Rules in progress? Model? etc.

Cannot wait for Inferno drool.gif

I mentioned this earlier; the sculptor told me to expect both the dreadnought and the upgrades around April, if there are no changes in the pipeline :)

Nothing about Magnus other that he is next after Russ on the schedule.

GW will release more mechanicus stuff, but that wouldn't be a "new" army msn-wink.gif

I can think of (some of these - particularly the chaos stuff - wouldn't be applicable until the late days of the Heresy really close to the siege of Terra):

Exodites, Arbites, Demiurg (they appeared in an Alpha Legion story even), chaos cultists / renegade guard (replacing IA13's list with a GW one), Chaos Knights, Dark Mechanicum.

Insert obligatory 'yet another new army/faction released before a new SoB dex' comment here.

Exodites. Whoop whoop!

..I want them so bad.

cool.png Lets say .... maybe thumbsup.gif Nothing set in stone yet, so lets say maybe.

Hah! You made my day.

GW will release more mechanicus stuff, but that wouldn't be a "new" army ;)

I can think of (some of these - particularly the chaos stuff - wouldn't be applicable until the late days of the Heresy really close to the siege of Terra):

Exodites, Arbites, Demiurg (they appeared in an Alpha Legion story even), chaos cultists / renegade guard (replacing IA13's list with a GW one), Chaos Knights, Dark Mechanicum.

Insert obligatory 'yet another new army/faction released before a new SoB dex' comment here.

Not to forget raging over chaos being overlooked :D

Archived