HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

Is it just me or does the Stormbird seem small?

I thought it was supposed to hold near 100 marines? Roughly a 40k era battle company worth of Space marines.

Keep in mind that this is a Sokar pattern Stormbird which (IIRC) is newer and smaller than the other patterns of Stormbirds.

I thought it was supposed to hold near 100 marines? Roughly a 40k era battle company worth of Space marines.

Keep in mind that this is a Sokar pattern Stormbird which (IIRC) is newer and smaller than the other patterns of Stormbirds.

That would be more understandable then for why it looks so small. I was like "it can only fit a couple rhinos???? That's just a more encased Thunderhawk" lqtm

Hopefully it is labeled as that pattern Stormbird then as I was confused.

Wonder if they will ever do the normal Stormbird.

I want to drop a ship that is about a 1/3 or 1/4 the sze of the table. Not that I would ever be able to afford it if they did. I mean look at the price of the newest Titan. I think they have only sold 12 of them maybe.

Although it would a lot cheaper to scratch build my own. hmmmm..........

That would be more understandable then for why it looks so small. I was like "it can only fit a couple rhinos???? That's just a more encased Thunderhawk" lqtm

I want to drop a ship that is about a 1/3 or 1/4 the sze of the table. Not that I would ever be able to afford it if they did. I mean look at the price of the newest Titan. I think they have only sold 12 of them maybe.

While I think they may try to build it because it's a sale opportunity that is simply too big too pass up, I don't think it will ever be that large. Primary reasons is because we're asking for something that is Reaver Titan size, possibly even Warlord, but horizontally versus vertical. It will be huge. And its base will be huge. Moving something that big around a board is going to be a nightmare. And they're going to sell it as one whole piece, versus the Titans which are typically sold as the body, and then the weapon arms. And then the heads in the case of the Warlord.

So schances are we'll end up something that's just bigger than the Storm Eagle or Thunderhawk, but is given the proper rules and stats to reflect its background.

As technology evolves, I'm hoping that there is a proper one. I think the issue with the Tau Manta was that a; It was too expensive for its time, b; it came at a time when flying rules sucked big time c; it also had crappy rules and damage output. By the time you were fielding a 2000pt vehicle, its damage output was completely unsatisfactory, and spending the other 700pts (2000, minus the cost of a pair of Tiger Shark AX10's) to give your army Deep Strike was absolutely horrendous).

what killed the manta was that Tau players had no real vested interest in buying from Forgeworld. It mostly deals with Imperium and Space Marines, not xenos and daemons. Yes, they crank some of each out, but nowhere near the volume they did Renegades and Space Marines to represent Vraks and the Badab War. The other factor was that at the time, many of the community for some inexplicable reason treated Forgeworld as a third party seller, despite being a division of GW, made by GW. It wasn't until around the time of Massacre that stigma started to go away and now it's basically a bad memory.

But even with improvements in making models, that isn't going to do much to change the fact this thing will be absolutely huge and unlike a Reaver or Warlord, it is going to take up massive real estate on the table. If the flyers follow the same kind of scale the Titans do.

As for price, a full-blown Warlord is £1240, which is roughly €1600, US$1800 or AU$2550. Probably should round the Australian to a flat AU$3000 since GW doesn't like y'all.

And FW has already sold more than 200 of them. So while the price might make some of us go "Not for me", the sales show that it will sell.

Did WE get updates rules in Retribution, or will I have to buy the Legion red book?

Posted by Garro on the 30k Horus Heresy Board, 2/6/16

World eaters

• ‘blood lust’ is now on a 4+ rather than a roll of a 1.
  • previous version of ‘incarnate violence’ replaced with may re-roll 1’s to wound on the turn they charge

They only made the Manta on a dare basically :D It wasnt made for profit/sale the sculptor wanted to do it and they had no problem listing it. Though it did prove the appetite was there for insane huge models and possibly helped pave the way for the larger titans down the line even if it never sold more than a few hundred.

according to this blog http://titanownersclub.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1  who tries to keep track of titan sales and where in the world they are located, there is over 200 warlords sold.

I very much had old info then. lol. That's quite "a few" sold....

While I think they may try to build it because it's a sale opportunity that is simply too big too pass up, I don't think it will ever be that large. Primary reasons is because we're asking for something that is Reaver Titan size, possibly even Warlord, but horizontally versus vertical. It will be huge. And its base will be huge. Moving something that big around a board is going to be a nightmare. And they're going to sell it as one whole piece, versus the Titans which are typically sold as the body, and then the weapon arms. And then the heads in the case of the Warlord.

So schances are we'll end up something that's just bigger than the Storm Eagle or Thunderhawk, but is given the proper rules and stats to reflect its background.

They have been doing well with near proper size. I believe max it could be 3 feet across left to right, 2 1/2 feet front to back, about 1 1/2(2/3) feet or so tall. Wouldn't need to do any major inner chambers. Unless they do it up to be used as a display board too. Take the top off like a lid and a whole chapter size army could be placed inside. I actually now see a price of about $2,300.00US at least.... "Damn my eyes"

Book is now up for sale, posting of pictures here is now against board rules; you want to see them, look elsewhere, ask for a PM or get the book yourself.

on the fact of ordering the book, mine will be delivered on friday, exactly 1 week after it came up.  Forgeworld must have a huge stock or they might be changing their shipping practices. either way im one happy person. (ordered over 250 gbp for express shipping).

P.S. I live in Washington state.

Book is now up for sale, posting of pictures here is now against board rules; you want to see them, look elsewhere, ask for a PM or get the book yourself.

Didnt realize it was up. Been under a rock for a bit, my bad. Thanks anyways!

Here is hoping for the updated red book!

I somehow doubt the book will come out this soon, I figure some higherup would rather the rules for the 3 new Legions remain as expensive as possible for a few more weeks...

Just a bad feeling I have :/

Actually it's just more likely that if the red book was coming out, they either would have sold some early copies at the weekend or let preorders go up with Book VI. Especially since Book VI has 3 new sets of legion rules.

The 3 new legions are not in the new red book. A pic was posted during the event of the back of the book.

Wow, you're right. Had to double check because I could have sworn I'd seen White Scars on that pic and thus assumed the two others were in there too...

Archived