UnLachy's Alpha Legion

UnLachy

Hi Gang,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Like a lot of you, I picked up BaC and used it to start off my own legion. I chose my favourite Legion for the Heresy; the XXth Legion AKA the Alpha Legion.

I decided to keep a log of my progress. I'm not a master painter but I am happy with how these are turning out, and im always looking for tips to improve happy.png

As of yet, I haven't decided on a lens colour for the eyes. Any suggestions? At the moment I am tossing up between red or green.

Also I am yet to apply any transfers, so my Alpha's are fairly unadorned for now, but it is my intention to add legion markings to all models.

Finally I need to decide on a basing style. Again, suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

This is a group shot of what I have 'completed' for now which includes; The Delagatus Autlion Skorr, a squad of veterans, 2 Terminators, and an armless Contemptor Chassis (he's waiting on another assault cannon)

Group shot

This is my Autilon. I love the model and I think he has some solid rules, especially for low points games. Unfortunately I got mine from ebay and he was missing his axe head! I made him up another power axe head and it will have to do for now.

SAM 0295

My squad of Vets. These double as a tactical squad, but in my current list they will be run as vets.

SAM 0291

2 Termis; one captain and one armed with a chain fist. These boys are awaiting the rest of their squad which should be too far behind.

SAM 0294

Here is my contemptor. I will be magnetizing his arms, although he will more often then not be running twin kheris assault cannons.

SAM 0296

Hope you guys enjoy!

They look awesome dude! I have a special place in my dark heart for the Alpha Legion, so these are pretty neat to see! The B@C set really makes for some awesome conversions. Those heads look pretty awesome too, I hadn't seen them used yet!

Any interest in getting the Alpha specific contemptor from FW? It's always been one of my favorites.

Keep it up man! 

They look awesome dude! I have a special place in my dark heart for the Alpha Legion, so these are pretty neat to see! The B@C set really makes for some awesome conversions. Those heads look pretty awesome too, I hadn't seen them used yet!

Any interest in getting the Alpha specific contemptor from FW? It's always been one of my favorites.

Keep it up man! 

Thanks man, I appreciate it :)

The Alpha Legion contemptor is absolutely beautiful, I will definitely be picking it up. Hopefully I will be able to give it a more dynamic loadout than the Mortis Double Kheris combo though!

Small update.

As it has been way to hot to paint (I live in regional Australia, and the heat makes my paints thick and dry) I decided to model up myself a Saboteur!

I will definitely be using this in my army along side Armillus Dynat. Dynats 'The Harrowing' ability adds 1 to the vehicle damage chart, giving my Saboteur a (slim) chance to Explode a vehicle when it enters! To compliment his anti armour abilities, I have him loaded out with a combi melta, melta bombs and a jump pack.

Currently waiting on some jump packs to arrive but here he is anyways. Code name: Shrapnel.

SAM 0300

SAM 0302

SAM 0303

SAM 0304

Shrapnel is made using the Chaplian from BaC, as well as a bare head, melta bomb, and multi melta from BaC as well. I had to cut away the back pack as it was attached to some of the cloak. You can see my dodgy greenstuff work, which I will be tidying up once it has set a bit. I am still waiting on some jump packs to arrive, however I will most likely cave and start painting him before it gets here.

I will definitely be using this in my army along side Armillus Dynat. Dynats 'The Harrowing' ability adds 1 to the vehicle damage chart, giving my Saboteur a (slim) chance to Explode a vehicle when it enters! To compliment his anti armour abilities, I have him loaded out with a combi melta, melta bombs and a jump pack.

The chance isnt slim if you give him a Combat Augment Array, that lets you turn any single dice roll into a 6.

Nice looking models, could I see some close ups os the AL heads and stuff please? 

:D

The chance isnt slim if you give him a Combat Augment Array, that lets you turn any single dice roll into a 6.

I was totally going to do this! But the new FAQ says that the relics are meant to be used in campaign games, not regular play. It does stipulate that if your opponent agrees it is fine, but I can't imagine my mates agreeing after the first time he blows up their precious land raider.

Nice looking models, could I see some close ups os the AL heads and stuff please?

biggrin.png

Thanks :) Yeah sure, here are the Alpha upgrade helms I have painted up so far. Sorry about the photo's if they are blurry. I have a decent camera but I can't get it to focus were I need!

SAM 0307

SAM 0308

SAM 0309

SAM 0310

SAM 0311

Very nice! i love seeing the AL bits on the BAC stuff, great job!

Thank you! yeah the XX upgrades sets go especially well with the BaC sprues because they are the same Mk's of armour

Yup, they look even better close up - you've really done those models justice, and convinced me to get an upgrade set!

Cheers mate, I highly recommend the sets, the helms and shoulder pads especially

Im very much liking the light blue, you've done a nice work with it. Its not my preference for the XX but yours look great.

Thanks! I wasn't confident attempting the metallic scheme so this is what I ended up with. I think the blue is Alpha Legionesque and different enough from ultra smurfs to be ok.

I have just finished up my Cataphractii squad today so here are some pics!

gallery_92811_11625_123100.jpg

gallery_92811_11625_127928.jpg

gallery_92811_11625_5853.jpg

gallery_92811_11625_37331.jpg

gallery_92811_11625_41074.jpg

gallery_92811_11625_35899.jpg

As you can see, I decided on Red lenses for the eyes of my Legionnaires, although it is difficult to do with the slits in the Cataphractii helms.

Just noticed looking through the pics that the blue looks a lot more Aqua in person, I may have to attempt to change up my camera setting.

For basing I am leaning towards the Agrellan Earth technical paint, does any one have any experience using this?

I have pledged my Legion in for Loyalty and Treachery. My Pledge consists of a Saboteur, Amillus Dynat, and some Iron Havoc's (Rewards of Treason ;))

Saboteur is first on my list and he is undercoated. I have decided to photograph him during the painting steps, to show on here, and to show myself where I can improve.

Cheers Gang!

• 3 weeks later...

Long time in between posts but I have been waiting on bits to arrive!

I present to you my Consul Saboteur!

gallery_92811_11625_15427.jpg

I am pretty happy with how he has turned out.

Here is a picture of his jump pack.

gallery_92811_11625_330564.jpg

I will be using the red/orange glow effect on any appropriate weaponry and this is my first go at it. I am happy with how it came out, although there is definitely some things I will do differently next time.

I have 8 Marines left to complete, aswell as bases for everything I have so far (except the Saboteur).

I have Amillus Dynat in the mail, along with all the parts I will need to make some Iron Havoc's which I will be using as Rewards of Treason.

Archived