+++Loyalty & Treachery II+++

Captain Semper

Hugely inspiring stuff there Rangaman - the Knight will earn you the Seneschal title too! But I'm also curious on your take on the ECs...

I can't decide whether to go all out on the bases or keep them simple, I have some cork boards and some rocks and gw gravel and I'm thinking of just sticking it all on and hoping the models stand alright on them.

Bases are a problem for me too... I go for the expensive option of resin scenic bases but I if you have the skill, I say go for the elaborate version. 

Seneschal:

This is a title for the Imperial Knights! Anyone who makes the target i.e. paints at least 3 legal Horus Heresy units in 3 months and includes at least 1 Knight of any kind will be awarded this title. For the eternal glory of the Noble Houses!

I hope next years version has the titles too :P

Captain, do you like it to mess with my painting schedule?^^

Morning bros!

Finally finished converting my Tactical Command squad. As much as I love FW designs and the basic look of these guys, there was just way too much extraneous stuff going on for the more grounded look I'm going for. Lots of that business had to go. Let me know what you think!

Main points:

- No tactical typewriters

- No wacky giant radar dishes

- No wacky giant multi-telescopes

- No wacky giant banner toppers, though I'm still looking for something smaller and more reserved to finish it

- No awkwardly posed cavalry sabres (except maybe the Vexilarius)

- Everyone has an enclosed helmet b/c they're in a warzone. You wear a helmet.

- Legate Commander has an axe now, b/c swords are for girls

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/911/WZSF7b.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/905/ysNxNX.jpg

Seneschal:

This is a title for the Imperial Knights! Anyone who makes the target i.e. paints at least 3 legal Horus Heresy units in 3 months and includes at least 1 Knight of any kind will be awarded this title. For the eternal glory of the Noble Houses!

I hope next years version has the titles too tongue.png

Captain, do you like it to mess with my painting schedule?^^

Well, you are talking to the Master of Recruits... You must expect the unexpected! :devil:

Sorry for hopping onto the train so late. But here we go ...

My pledge:

1 Praetor with paragon blade and tainted weapon

1 big ass termi blob

1 Speeder with graviton and multi melta

24435144366_4e69bd9255_c.jpg

No need to apologise, there is no cut-off date for the L&T - you can join whenever you want! Good to have you onboard! :)

Morning bros!

Finally finished converting my Tactical Command squad. As much as I love FW designs and the basic look of these guys, there was just way too much extraneous stuff going on for the more grounded look I'm going for. Lots of that business had to go. Let me know what you think!

Main points:

- No wacky giant banner toppers, though I'm still looking for something smaller and more reserved to finish it

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/911/WZSF7b.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/905/ysNxNX.jpg

Impressive stuff! I'm really looking forward for some Auxilia goodness from you Flint! :tu:

Morning bros!

Finally finished converting my Tactical Command squad. As much as I love FW designs and the basic look of these guys, there was just way too much extraneous stuff going on for the more grounded look I'm going for. Lots of that business had to go. Let me know what you think!

Main points:

You're starting to sound like me with making the figures slightly more realistic. Also, on that last bullet point, does that mean that three members of that squad are actually girls?

Morning bros!

*snippers*

You're starting to sound like me with making the figures slightly more realistic. Also, on that last bullet point, does that mean that three members of that squad are actually girls?

I know right? Learned from the best :D

Also, yep! Fluff-wise they are indeed.

Morning bros!

*snippers*

I know right? Learned from the best biggrin.png

Also, yep! Fluff-wise they are indeed.

well, if we go realistically - you probably wouldn't have boobs armour if you wear a solar auxilia suit ;)

(maybe if you are a Rogue Trader and fancy >.>)

well, if we go realistically - you probably wouldn't have boobs armour if you wear a solar auxilia suit msn-wink.gif

(maybe if you are a Rogue Trader and fancy >.>)

I mean, if I was going to war, I'd want my boobs armored... I just don't think it would look any different from 'male' body armor when its as heavy as a hardened void carapace.

Surley boob armour went out of fashion with the codpiece?

Cap S is it ok if I post my models slightly haphazardly. So I plan to make 3 Palatine blades and the Legion champ between now and March (cos mid February I'm flying off to Vegas) and then I'll be in a position to get the last 3 palatine blades and the contemptor in March (unless Vegas pays out).

That's fine. You can post as often as you like at any stage of your WIP. But don't expect to record them as "complete" before they reach the proper squad size... ;)

Yeah I get that, by April 15th I hope to have a pic with everything painted and completed

Afternoon guys!

Well into painting my first Dracosan. His winter camo and weathering are pretty much done. Just have to do the mud on his tracks and his little metal details.

For comparo...

Before

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/908/kBL418.jpg

After
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/911/LOFvGR.jpg

@Flint.....well well...aint that a battered looking bugger...big thumbs up ;-)

I know you said it aint fully finished, but if i could offer some advice?

Some of those decals need abit of chipping just to tie it into the model (although they could have been applied mid campaign)

Are you gonna hit those panel lines with a winter/white panel liner...ak interactive do a great enamel for that...

And give the winter streaking grime a go ;-)

Oh....great avatar aswell

I Nevindar, latecommer to the challenge, have decided to go with reinforcing my Mechanicum forces for now! Events coming up after all.

Initial pledge:

Invictus, Archmagos Prime Myrmidax; the Immortal, Reborn
Hypnos, Magos Dominus; Lord of the Dreamless
Menoetius, Cerastus-Knight Atrapos, including Scion on foot

Pictures to come!

//Nevindar

Looks ace Flint! It looks very "eastern front". thumbsup.gif

Exactly!

@Flint.....well well...aint that a battered looking bugger...big thumbs up ;-)

I know you said it aint fully finished, but if i could offer some advice?

Some of those decals need abit of chipping just to tie it into the model (although they could have been applied mid campaign)

Are you gonna hit those panel lines with a winter/white panel liner...ak interactive do a great enamel for that...

And give the winter streaking grime a go ;-)

Oh....great avatar aswell

I've given the Rust Streaks and Winter Grime a try a couple of times, but wasn't a huge fan. Just kinda looked a little too messy and discolored for me.

Didn't try paneliner, used the blue filter for panzer gray, my lightning just washes it out a bit.

I'll defs look at chipping the decals on the next tanks. Thanks for the advice!

Hugely inspiring stuff there Rangaman - the Knight will earn you the Seneschal title too! But I'm also curious on your take on the ECs...

I can't decide whether to go all out on the bases or keep them simple, I have some cork boards and some rocks and gw gravel and I'm thinking of just sticking it all on and hoping the models stand alright on them.

Bases are a problem for me too... I go for the expensive option of resin scenic bases but I if you have the skill, I say go for the elaborate version. 

What I do atm is add a small bit of broken cork board here and then, then put gravel and stuff on, spray it all and then try to dry brush it through various grey levels because for some reason I can't imagine my force fighting on anything but a wasteland atm lol. It's a bit smple though, I just did a contemptor and I don't think I put enough cork on it, just two small pieces and the rest gravel.

My Dreadclaw has been assembled; it was not easy to put together. I'll add some primer when the night is not so late.

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/mbrooks_1987/IMG_0428_zpslcndd6tq.jpg

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/mbrooks_1987/IMG_0427_zpsmolibean.jpg

Alright - things are going well.

Now for those (you know who you are) that make HUGE commitments, please remember that roughly a month after the L&T finishes we'll have the ETL - make sure you'll have both  reserve resin and appetite in place! ;)

Sorry for hopping onto the train so late. But here we go ...

My pledge:

1 Praetor with paragon blade and tainted weapon

1 big ass termi blob

1 Speeder with graviton and multi melta

24435144366_4e69bd9255_c.jpg

OK, I have split then into two squads - one of which is Command Squad to take into account the banner. Let me know if you want it changed. Also any particular Legion for them?

Semper, I now realize I made an error on vowing 5 Deathshroud terminators when I meant it to be 4, so that they can fit comfortably into a Land Raider.

OK, fixed it but is 4 a legal number for them? Not close to my books right now...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

After a 24hr period of being awake, (half of which being at work) I have stumbled through the wreck of sprues, Cammies, boots, and gear that is my room and found myself with a successful amount of progress to show off :P

The ceremite devil walks! (Well kinda...)

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/jemlohr/image_zpsmf0uwxtb.jpeg

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/jemlohr/image_zpsp1d8lv9r.jpeg

He obviously is still very much a rough draft but I wanted to at least get a test fit to see how the pose would look. I have a significant amount of sculpting yet to do as well as some detail work. But overall what do you guys think?

Edit: oh and also I finish half of the tactical squad, but I'll get pictures of them tomorrow when I can get some light without waking up the roommate

Archived