+++Loyalty & Treachery II+++

Captain Semper

Ah well, I suppose there's always next year.

Thanks for hosting another marvelous event, Cap! Even though I came nowhere close to completing my vow, the event did motivate me to get at least some paint down on plastic, which is more than normally happens.

Uh, I guess it doesn't go all day then. 

Oh well. Another vow failed.

Well as I said above (maybe not too clearly) you can still report completions for a few hours more so long as it is still the 15th in your region. :)

Time is up (and I have failed)...

Ultras are about 85% finished (+ bases)

Sons are about 80% finished (bases 33%)

I have to say that this event got me back to painting so failing wasnt a total disaster.

Its not a excuse but I missed 3 to 4 weeks of this event due to couple of flus, trip to London and 3 weeks last month because of inflammation in my right shoulder (couldnt even move my arm for a few weeks)

Thanks to Captain Semper for organising this great event.

Will post pics of my units when I have finished them.

I'll be back! ;o)

Though I did not vow them, because I knew I could not finish a whole squad. At least I managed to finish the first of my Terminators.

For the honor of the First Legion!

gallery_86236_11651_41843.jpg

20 minutes before midnight tongue.png

Though I did not vow them, because I knew I could not finish a whole squad. At least I managed to finish the first of my Terminators.

For the honor of the First Legion!

gallery_86236_11651_41843.jpg

20 minutes before midnight tongue.png

really cool DA! what have you used for the shoulders?

are you kidding?!

they are awesome! just need some transfers to be top notch :)

Little behind on my painting schedule sadly, the best I could muster was finished marines minus the bases and fluff. I will take some good army shots of everything completed asap. Captain Semper is there I timeframe you would like all completed shots to be submitted by?

gallery_81212_9961_127241.jpg

Well, this is it. Thank you very much guys for your kind words. We've seen some top notch painting and the mass participation re-affirms that the Heresy is at the core of the B&C community! 

Now I will leave this thread pinned for a week or so after which I will un-pin it and let it drop to the general population. :P You will be able to track it down though if you visit the Forge's official events archive here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/280474-official-events-archive/?p=3466403

Feel free to post pics of your finished vows and I will revert once the medallion style badge is ready.

Again, I'd like to thank you all for participating and for your support to this event. :)

Yep pretty awesome event ^_^

I like the "try to get as much done as possible, but if you don't manage all you wanted, it's fine"  approach - think that's a bit better for motivation (even if you just manage to do 3 of the units you wanted to do, you still win!)

Yep pretty awesome event ^_^

I like the "try to get as much done as possible, but if you don't manage all you wanted, it's fine"  approach - think that's a bit better for motivation (even if you just manage to do 3 of the units you wanted to do, you still win!)

I see what you mean. The idea of a single failed vow invalidating everything for ETL does mean I'll probably aim low for it, where as here the only "pressure" on me personally was to finish the first three units, regardless of how many I actually wanted to do.

Well, while I failed to finish a single entry for the event, it was great fun all around and a nice starting point and focus for my Mechanicus.

Kudos and great work everyone and especially thanks for organizing this!

gallery_81212_9961_19579.jpg

XVIth Legion, 32nd Company
Aetar Squad, Volkite Support

By the time of the late Crusade era Volkite weaponry had been almost completely superseded due to the high cost in material and knowledge to maintain them and the ease of which the Bolter could be manufactured for the ever growing Legions, Aetar squad was fortunate enough to be armed with the remaining Calivers of the 32nd Company. Tasked with the capture and securing of objectives behind the main advancing force of the 32nd, they were employed as an long range anti-infantry unit.

With the reconquest of Choral City, Aetar Squad seemed perfectly suited to countering the massed infantry of the Istvaan military. Deployed by drop pod alongside Dakkon-Alpha Squad, they were hard pressed to hold against the armoured assets withheld in the Barracks and Armoury...

gallery_81212_9961_70216.jpg

Pretty chuffed with myself over my efforts over the last three months, very impressed by everybody elses work aswell. Thankyou Captain Semper for running L&T II this year and I cant wait for next! Here is my final groupshot of my pledges, pardon the photo quality...I couldn't fit it all in my light booth!

gallery_81212_9961_799092.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_167480.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_1008490.jpg

EDIT: Also where can I find the badges we earnt? I had a look on the front page but couldn't see them.

That's fantastic work there Rangaman. It's been great to see everybody coming along and producing such amazing results! :tu:

As of now I'm unpinning this topic but it remains open for anyone who wants to post. :)

That's fantastic work there Rangaman. It's been great to see everybody coming along and producing such amazing results! thumbsup.gif

As of now I'm unpinning this topic but it remains open for anyone who wants to post. smile.png

Are the smaller banner things already finished Captain :)?

Here is the 1st model from my vow, I wasnt going to post pics of these as I thought they are not very good.... but then again why not?

I almost painted the whole model again this week because I didnt like the shade of the blue I used. Now I think its better but still not perfect. Well maybe I get it right next time, eh? ;o)

Ultramarines Contemptor from BaC box with some extra bits!

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r680/Parweke/Ultramarines/WP_20160426_009_zpstmex3tfw.jpg

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r680/Parweke/Ultramarines/WP_20160426_001_zps8tyws6o5.jpg

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r680/Parweke/Ultramarines/WP_20160426_006_zpsifkvja9v.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived