Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+++Loyalty & Treachery II+++

Loyalty & Treachery II L&T II L&T

• Please log in to reply
674 replies to this topic

The Psycho

The Psycho

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,949 posts
  • Chapter Name: VII-284BTN
Ah well, I suppose there's always next year.

Thanks for hosting another marvelous event, Cap! Even though I came nowhere close to completing my vow, the event did motivate me to get at least some paint down on plastic, which is more than normally happens.
  • Captain Semper likes this

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 11,334 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels

Uh, I guess it doesn't go all day then. 

Oh well. Another vow failed.

Well as I said above (maybe not too clearly) you can still report completions for a few hours more so long as it is still the 15th in your region. :)

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,630 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Lords

Uh, I guess it doesn't go all day then. 

Oh well. Another vow failed.

Well as I said above (maybe not too clearly) you can still report completions for a few hours more so long as it is still the 15th in your region. smile.png

Alright then! Still a chance! 

lokkorex

lokkorex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,134 posts
  • Location:The Walls of the Imperial Palace, killing everything.
  • Chapter Name: Iron Warriors.
It's 55 min to midnight where i am, and i'm finished!
image.jpg1_zpspxr3urwp.jpg

image.jpg2_zps2d6lnjxx.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsmt0pa2re.jpg
  • Captain Semper, noigrim and Lostrael like this
L_T_Banner_V2.jpgL_T_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpg

"Loyalty is its own reward" Lion El'Johnson, Primarch of the Dark Angels legion.

Finnish Hammer

Finnish Hammer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 225 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sons of Horus
Time is up (and I have failed)...

Ultras are about 85% finished (+ bases)

Sons are about 80% finished (bases 33%)

I have to say that this event got me back to painting so failing wasnt a total disaster.

Its not a excuse but I missed 3 to 4 weeks of this event due to couple of flus, trip to London and 3 weeks last month because of inflammation in my right shoulder (couldnt even move my arm for a few weeks)

Thanks to Captain Semper for organising this great event.

Will post pics of my units when I have finished them.

I'll be back! ;o)

gallery_48988_10980_7442.pngL_T_3_2017_Banner.jpg

"As man fights man / In the epic struggle for survival / The Warmaster shall reign / With oppression fed by a burning hate"
(War Master by Bolt Thrower)

Lostrael

Lostrael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 351 posts

Though I did not vow them, because I knew I could not finish a whole squad. At least I managed to finish the first of my Terminators.

For the honor of the First Legion!  

gallery_86236_11651_41843.jpg

20 minutes before midnight tongue.png

• Captain Semper, kizzdougs, Atia and 2 others like this

gallery_29004_10383_3614.pnggallery_86236_11073_750.pngL_T_2_2016_Badge_01_Centurion.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifgallery_48988_10069_9172.jpggallery_69091_12503_18399.jpggallery_48988_10069_16537.png

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,472 posts
  • Chapter Name: Minotaurs
Yaaaaaaaay! Certainly not masterpieces but I'm quite happy with them. Huge thanks to Semper for the event, without which this army would probably not even have been started yet!

DSC_0400_zpstx6eeebo.jpg
DSC_0398_zpsyoug8d8z.jpg
DSC_0397_zpsyan2p9qh.jpg
DSC_0396_zpshvkhpp3v.jpg
  • Captain Semper, Finnish Hammer, Atia and 1 other like this

ProjectLogsBanner_zpst6u6alrs.png MinotaursBanner_zpss9debfxv.png AlphaLegionBanner_zpsbvnjdfkj.png ThousandSonsBanner_zpsepvbqnia.png EventsBanner_zpshae9krd5.png xenophile_zpshyoyy9dy.png ifexiv_zpsotfxrnnv.png ETL_2016_Badge_04_Forum_Champion_Codex_z ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei04_zpscciv L_T_2_2016_Medal_zpsjpjntd9q.gif L_T_3_2017_Banner_zpsiln0srdt.jpg

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,447 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Horus Heresy

Though I did not vow them, because I knew I could not finish a whole squad. At least I managed to finish the first of my Terminators.

For the honor of the First Legion!

gallery_86236_11651_41843.jpg
20 minutes before midnight tongue.png

really cool DA! what have you used for the shoulders?

Yaaaaaaaay! Certainly not masterpieces but I'm quite happy with them. Huge thanks to Semper for the event, without which this army would probably not even have been started yet!

DSC_0400_zpstx6eeebo.jpg
DSC_0398_zpsyoug8d8z.jpg
DSC_0397_zpsyan2p9qh.jpg
DSC_0396_zpshvkhpp3v.jpg

are you kidding?!

they are awesome! just need some transfers to be top notch :) 👍
  • Captain Semper and Halandaar like this

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

Get your daily 30k dosis! http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.at/

My Horus Heresy log (Death Guard, Word Bearers, Khorne Daemons and other stuff tongue.png)

gallery_79873_10444_35192.pngsml_gallery_79873_10492_52344.jpggallery_29004_10383_126.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificer

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

Lostrael

Lostrael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 351 posts

really cool DA! what have you used for the shoulders?

Thanks.smile.png 

Made some wings of green stuff ... in a complicated way. 

http://www.bolterand...-wip/?p=4357874

• Atia likes this

gallery_29004_10383_3614.pnggallery_86236_11073_750.pngL_T_2_2016_Badge_01_Centurion.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifgallery_48988_10069_9172.jpggallery_69091_12503_18399.jpggallery_48988_10069_16537.png

Rangaman

Rangaman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 572 posts
  • Chapter Name: IIIrd, XVIth and House Ærthegn

Little behind on my painting schedule sadly, the best I could muster was finished marines minus the bases and fluff. I will take some good army shots of everything completed asap. Captain Semper is there I timeframe you would like all completed shots to be submitted by?

gallery_81212_9961_127241.jpg

• Finnish Hammer, Olis, Atia and 1 other like this

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 11,334 posts

Well, this is it. Thank you very much guys for your kind words. We've seen some top notch painting and the mass participation re-affirms that the Heresy is at the core of the B&C community! 

Now I will leave this thread pinned for a week or so after which I will un-pin it and let it drop to the general population. :P You will be able to track it down though if you visit the Forge's official events archive here: http://www.bolterand...hive/?p=3466403

Feel free to post pics of your finished vows and I will revert once the medallion style badge is ready.

Again, I'd like to thank you all for participating and for your support to this event. :)

• Finnish Hammer, Son of Carnelian, LeeroyTheSonic and 3 others like this

Kurama

Kurama

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,589 posts
Good stuff everyone I'm sorry I bailed this time, but Kurama did it for the good of etl.

So don't think your out of the woods yet etl is coming

lokkorex

lokkorex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,134 posts
Pic of everything i did:
image.jpg1_zpselhjbmm3.jpg
(Holy crap...)

Also, Captain Semper, i believe i've earned the Forge-Lord title too?
  • Captain Semper and Atia like this

"Loyalty is its own reward" Lion El'Johnson, Primarch of the Dark Angels legion.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 11,334 posts

Huge effort lokkorex - amazing stuff there! I have fixed the first page accordingly! ;)

lokkorex

lokkorex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,134 posts
Captain Semper: thanks mate, for the next L&T i think i'll aim for the Magos, Legate Commander, Princeps and Seneschal titles.

Edited by lokkorex, 17 April 2016 - 08:31 AM.

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,447 posts

Yep pretty awesome event ^_^

I like the "try to get as much done as possible, but if you don't manage all you wanted, it's fine"  approach - think that's a bit better for motivation (even if you just manage to do 3 of the units you wanted to do, you still win!)

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

My Horus Heresy log (Death Guard, Word Bearers, Khorne Daemons and other stuff tongue.png)

gallery_79873_10444_35192.pngsml_gallery_79873_10492_52344.jpggallery_29004_10383_126.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificer

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,472 posts
  • Chapter Name: Minotaurs

Yep pretty awesome event ^_^

I like the "try to get as much done as possible, but if you don't manage all you wanted, it's fine"  approach - think that's a bit better for motivation (even if you just manage to do 3 of the units you wanted to do, you still win!)

I see what you mean. The idea of a single failed vow invalidating everything for ETL does mean I'll probably aim low for it, where as here the only "pressure" on me personally was to finish the first three units, regardless of how many I actually wanted to do.
  • Atia likes this

ProjectLogsBanner_zpst6u6alrs.png MinotaursBanner_zpss9debfxv.png AlphaLegionBanner_zpsbvnjdfkj.png ThousandSonsBanner_zpsepvbqnia.png EventsBanner_zpshae9krd5.png xenophile_zpshyoyy9dy.png ifexiv_zpsotfxrnnv.png ETL_2016_Badge_04_Forum_Champion_Codex_z ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei04_zpscciv L_T_2_2016_Medal_zpsjpjntd9q.gif L_T_3_2017_Banner_zpsiln0srdt.jpg

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 11,334 posts

Good thing we have something for everybody then! ;) 

The Inner Circle provides...

• Atia, Halandaar and Lostrael like this

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 769 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio
Well, while I failed to finish a single entry for the event, it was great fun all around and a nice starting point and focus for my Mechanicus.
Kudos and great work everyone and especially thanks for organizing this!
<p>Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpg;<p>Call_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

The God-Potato of Mankind

The God-Potato of Mankind

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,340 posts
  • Chapter Name: Salamanders

Great work everybody! The Warmaster will be most pleased with our diligence.

*lovingly stares at his new signature*

Edited by The God-Potato of Mankind, 19 April 2016 - 10:08 AM.

• Captain Semper and Halandaar like this

Rangaman

Rangaman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 572 posts
  • Chapter Name: IIIrd, XVIth and House Ærthegn

gallery_81212_9961_19579.jpg

XVIth Legion, 32nd Company
Aetar Squad, Volkite Support

By the time of the late Crusade era Volkite weaponry had been almost completely superseded due to the high cost in material and knowledge to maintain them and the ease of which the Bolter could be manufactured for the ever growing Legions, Aetar squad was fortunate enough to be armed with the remaining Calivers of the 32nd Company. Tasked with the capture and securing of objectives behind the main advancing force of the 32nd, they were employed as an long range anti-infantry unit.

With the reconquest of Choral City, Aetar Squad seemed perfectly suited to countering the massed infantry of the Istvaan military. Deployed by drop pod alongside Dakkon-Alpha Squad, they were hard pressed to hold against the armoured assets withheld in the Barracks and Armoury...

gallery_81212_9961_70216.jpg

Pretty chuffed with myself over my efforts over the last three months, very impressed by everybody elses work aswell. Thankyou Captain Semper for running L&T II this year and I cant wait for next! Here is my final groupshot of my pledges, pardon the photo quality...I couldn't fit it all in my light booth!

gallery_81212_9961_799092.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_167480.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_1008490.jpg

EDIT: Also where can I find the badges we earnt? I had a look on the front page but couldn't see them.

Edited by Rangaman, 25 April 2016 - 07:20 AM.

• Soric, DimDim and Vogon like this

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 11,334 posts
That's fantastic work there Rangaman. It's been great to see everybody coming along and producing such amazing results! :tu:

As of now I'm unpinning this topic but it remains open for anyone who wants to post. :)

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,447 posts

That's fantastic work there Rangaman. It's been great to see everybody coming along and producing such amazing results! thumbsup.gif

As of now I'm unpinning this topic but it remains open for anyone who wants to post. smile.png

Are the smaller banner things already finished Captain :)?

Finnish Hammer

Finnish Hammer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 225 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sons of Horus
Here is the 1st model from my vow, I wasnt going to post pics of these as I thought they are not very good.... but then again why not?
I almost painted the whole model again this week because I didnt like the shade of the blue I used. Now I think its better but still not perfect. Well maybe I get it right next time, eh? ;o)

Ultramarines Contemptor from BaC box with some extra bits!
WP_20160426_009_zpstmex3tfw.jpg
WP_20160426_001_zps8tyws6o5.jpg
WP_20160426_006_zpsifkvja9v.jpg
  • Soric likes this

gallery_48988_10980_7442.pngL_T_3_2017_Banner.jpg

"As man fights man / In the epic struggle for survival / The Warmaster shall reign / With oppression fed by a burning hate"
(War Master by Bolt Thrower)

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 11,334 posts

And what seems to be long overdue, this is the medallion for the second L&T! :o

L_T_2_2016_Medal.gif

• SkimaskMohawk likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Loyalty & Treachery II, L&T II, L&T

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users