The Singing Nails, a Legio XII Project Log

Guiltysparc

almost done with 3 more despoilers...i did something a little different with these ones. I changed the color of the little power cables that are on their ankles from silver to red to go with the other power cable bits in the rest of the army. I think it adds a nice little bit of pop to them. You can see the silver version on the despoiler above for a before shot. I will definitely go back and hit up his cable to make it red, and probably do the same on the previously completed tac squad.

gallery_92768_11638_42113.jpg

These are looking great Guilty! Love the face plates - they really tie the squad together and make them stand out as different to the standard tacs. My only beef (and it's with GW / FW rather than you!!) is that not many of the legs are in running poses. I've just put my combat vets together but there's only about 3 out of 10 running, which seems odd considering they are gibbering blood-mad fiends!!!  (I used Mk V armour purely because there's some running legs in the pack). As always though, your guys are neat beyond compare - look forward to more brother.

Speaking of the FW despoilers, I am going to have to work a little different technique on the white with the mark 3 plates...the ridges are so prominent that the dry brush white didn't really lighten up the flat parts as well as it doestrogen in the mark 4.

Here are a couple wip shots of the mark 3 guy. On the left is base coat and wash, on the right is after dry brush high lights and then going back over a lot of the bits with a brush, i think i like how he turned out. Basically after the drybrush i went through and hit all the rivets and some of the edges that the drybrush couldn't reach with a regular brush, then got some white thinned way down and did some heavy handed glazing off the edges (mostly on the back armored panels).

gallery_92768_11638_142542.jpg

gallery_92768_11638_132447.jpg

I just got a three pack of Javs myself.

I kinda want to see what you do with yours first biggrin.png

*EDIT*

Actually I didn't realize until checking out your above shot... the heresy Javs really look like they hacked a jetbike in half length-ways and filled in the middle.

I just got a three pack of Javs myself.

I kinda want to see what you do with yours first biggrin.png

*EDIT*

Actually I didn't realize until checking out your above shot... the heresy Javs really look like they hacked a jetbike in half length-ways and filled in the middle.

You know...they do, lol

I am going with this scheme sans the trophies and blood. I think it has a good mix of blue and white that will work with the rest of my army.

http://blog.target-gaming.com/2015/06/27/heresy-world-eaters-javelin-attack-speeder/

They looks brutal!!! Maybe some brass edging on the legs to break them up?

ya, the legs are a little plain at the moment.  They all get the red XII decals on their knees once the squad is done, so i think that will break it up a bit.  I like the idea of doing some of the edging in gold, we'll see how it looks after the decal.

The Iron-pattern despoiler looks good, though I agree his legs look naked with nothing but white. Unfinished even, but that's me not being able to spot a highlight if it punched me in the face. tongue.png I'm not sure this would make him better and I know it's an annoying job, but maybe paint the rivets in metal?

Thanks for the feedback on the mk3 guy, i agree that his legs look a little plain.  Once i get done the ETL i'll go back over him and think of what to do...not sure if i want to do all the rivets in metal, but maybe the armor trim bits on the legs in metal?  I'm not sure...although i did the rivets on the mk4s in metal...hmmm

Archived