The Singing Nails, a Legio XII Project Log

Guiltysparc

Oh man, I'm just loving how clean your models are. The usual World Eater motif seems to involve plenty of blood, but I love that you're keeping them so clean! There's just something nice about seeing a nice crisp paint job. The gold details on the face masks look nice too. Uniform, but not too matchy.  

• 3 weeks later...

A couple updates...

The Spartan is starting to come together. I tried out the new gem paint on the view port glass and the round thing on top.

gallery_92768_11638_144119.jpg

gallery_92768_11638_49786.jpg

gallery_92768_11638_117733.jpg

gallery_92768_11638_102188.jpg

gallery_92768_11638_68145.jpg

I really liked how the silver rivets turned out so I went back over the javelin and leviathan and hit the rivets with silver. Once i'm done with the spartan i'll do the same on the drop pod.

gallery_92768_11638_5273.jpg

gallery_92768_11638_40285.jpg

yep, all of the rivets on the white will be silver.  I see now that i didnt take a great picture of that legion icon, lol.  The rivets in the maw are a brighter red and the rivets on the bolts are a brighter gold.  I wasn't going to do those in silver, although now that you mention it that might look really cool and it would be easy to do/undo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got back to work on my mkiii infantry. Finished up the squad sargent and changed up things a little. I hit the rivots with leadbelcher and only did the top par of the soulders in gold, i think this looks much better. Too much gold on the original.

gallery_92768_11638_34934.jpg

gallery_92768_11638_43391.jpg

I am thinking this for my Gahlan Surlak Conversion. its really just a kit bash, but i think it will work. I'm using the mk4 apothecary with a sanguinary guard power axe. Then i slapped on some mk3 shoulders to give him that melee forcused, up armored feel. I'll green stuff the wings on the axe and make that part smooth.

gallery_92768_11638_28197.jpg

gallery_92768_11638_36195.jpg

gallery_92768_11638_39795.jpg

Hm, I'd have given him a right (resin) mk2 pauldron to match the apothecary's natural left pauldron, but then again the only assymetrical pauldrons I like are the rimless one with an equally rimless but studded one.

I liked your mk3 infantry better with fully gold rims on the pauldrons too. tongue.png

But yeah, they look good.

Interestingly, both are mk3 but the world eaters one does that larger upper plate.

I didn't dislike the all gold rim on my mk3 guys but they were a little too fancy for line infantry with that way I have been using gold to mark out the sargents. With the blue bottoms they blend in a little better with the mk4s in that unit.

Just read through this entire thread and I really love your method of painting up your eaters. I've been trying to decide on how I was gonna paint the loyalist WE I've been wanting to do. And I think the Guiltysparc method may be the winner

Archived