The Red Sorcerers of Prospero: Exiles of Osiris

Athrawes

Missed some great updates buddy. That's remembering me to continue on my own 1k sons sometimes next year haha!

Also a big :thumbsup: for the Terminator Assault Cannons (seriously FW, how could you have messed that one up, even GW got it right this time :dry.:

• 3 weeks later...

as always, your painting is top notch and acts as a prime example of exactly how good metallic armours can look when done by someone with the skill to pull it off.

How long do you think he took to paint by the way?

I always find things take me ages, even when I try to be quick, and I also always find the quality of my painting drops rapidly if I don't paint slowly.

• 2 years later...

I've been working on expanding the armored assets for my XV Legion force since February, I had assembled them, and kept that at the basecolor stage for the better part of a year, but after the transition to 8th edition my focus has lately been on learning the new ruleset.

After my stunning game a few weeks back on the Tizca table, I've found my inspiration again, and quickly completed my remaining armor.

Proteus Pattern Achilles-Alpha

tiYtqak.jpg?1

qeAPDWT.jpg?3

sFhLfjE.jpg?1

I'm very pleased with the conversion. I've wanted to do this since I first saw the conversion in the Horus Heresy masterclass book. I've always loved the Proteus chassis and thought that it would be a stellar base for a Achilles-Alpha conversion. It was an expensive, and time consuming conversion, but i hope you can appretiate the results.

Mark IIa  Land Raider Phobos.

7K7ObJc.jpg?1

bp7vAEB.jpg?1

xg5m1rx.jpg?1

After the conversion from combining a Land raider Achilles-Alpha, and a Extra Armor Proteus, I had a lot of of expensive parts left over. This led me to combine them into what I'm call a Mark IIa pattern land Raider. IT is broadly similar to the IIb from forgeword, but the upper hall is that of an armored Proteus or a Spartan Assault tank, which I think helps tie this closer to the MK I Proteus Land Raiders.

On top of this conversion, I've included the Heresy pattern tracks provided by Extra Armor. I'm almost as pleased with this tank as with the Proteus Achilles-Alpha, however I have yet to decide whether to put a winged scarab transfer over the white stripe on the center hull. Thoughts?

Ipa8tZ7.jpg?2

WJyn1CV.jpg?1​​​​​​​

I also love the masterclass conversion, but I've been unable to find any tutorial whatsoever on the subject. All the book has is the army display, which is gorgeous, but not very useful.

How hard would you consider this conversion is? I assume the twin-linked heavy bolter fits better into the Phobos than the Thunderfire fits into the Proteus, but switching the sponsons should not be as much of a problem.

Edited by The Scorpion

Firstly they look great.

I think the scarab would help but also little chips away at the edges of the white stripe showing red through, especially at the point where the ramp roof lifts up and would rub against the main hull. The other chipping/weathering around the red hull looks great and the pure unblemished white stripe looks too clean IMO.

Regardless, look great.

Edited by Marius Perdo