"New" yellow recipe - EASY!

Kastor Krieg

Maybe it's my screen but that's Imperial Fists.

Yes they are. I paint Crimson Fist (Alexis Polux crew) and Black Templar (Sigismund crew) predecessors for Horus Heresy recently. Lots of yellow :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

hey I only said it was hard because its challenging, not impossible.   I have found a way to paint yellow, its just I always found it easier back in the days of 2nd and 3rd edition when the GW paint line was easier and didn't dry up as fast.   Now I just have to get use to painting an entire force instead of just using it as an accent color.   Not totally impossible for a guy who painted a primed black marine in a one hour speed painting contest as a white scar.   Now painting white is a real pain in the but when its over black primer.  

For airbrush I use Light grey base coat Vallejo USN primer. Preshade with Earth Vallejo Air GMC. Optional highlight with white. Basecoat Vallejo Flat Yellow Air (from their regular range). I find the dorado a bit too warm. Highlight spray with Vallejo Air Moon Yellow. Shade with armypainter Soft ink or agrax earth shade. Highlight with Vallejo GMC bone white or ice yellow depending on your fancy.

https://imgur.com/gallery/9bS3n

Edited by Hersir