Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Shattered Tenth: An Iron Hands Blog

Iron Hands Horus Heresy True Scale Art Scale WIP

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Legio Draconis

Legio Draconis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 433 posts
  • Chapter Name: Legio Draconis

Those Iron hands look brutal. Perfect. 

QUOTE (Doghouse @ May 25 2008, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've no idea how close I came to painting the toilet gold and calling it the "golden throne" but thought that might be going too far! :lol:

QUOTE (Rafen_2 @ Jul 1 2011, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I was put in a dreadnought, I would like to have full maneuverability not just waddle waddle shoot waddle punch.

Isengrin

Isengrin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords

Man, your terminators completely dwarf any normal-sized marine. I can only agree with everything Apologist said.

Luna707

Luna707

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 595 posts
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your warm responses to my labor of love :)

What's next? Well more Iron Hands of course! I have ten more immortals and a cataphractii command squad to complete. The cataphractii take a while to create as the true scaling process for them is particularly arduous, but I think you all will be very pleased with them when they are done. I have a couple of consuls as well including Adox Ra and a conversion beamer forgelord that I'm pretty excited about. Additionally I have a spartan, land raider, and venatar to paint and I'm throwing around the idea of getting another spartan or a typhon maybe (I love the WWI MKIV tank inspired overhead tracks). The only issue is that my Gorgons look absolutely ridiculous running out of a vehicle that is far too small to hold two let alone ten of them hahaha

On the Wytaar Primus side of things, I have a knight lancer to complete and some skin walkers I've been working on. The knight is going to be a quite in depth conversion with an exposed pilot and everything, I'm still looking for an appropriately sized head that would fit on a death korps commissar (which I'm using to make the pilot). My profile picture is actually the head for that knight if anyone was curious!

Dan will be posting a log here shortly so keep an eye out for that, currently you can check his stuff out on instagram @lieutenantdan76. He's learned enough where he's been making some guys completely on his own and they look fantastic!

I have another family thing in England and will be in Nottingham again during the first week of April if anyone would like to hang out at warhammer world with yours truly!

That's all from me for now! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Apologist and bluntblade like this

gallery_84811_11476_9558.jpg

Check out my truescale marines!

http://www.bolterand...on-hands-blog/

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,834 posts
  • Chapter Name: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Even though I'm not really a fan of true scaling, I'm really impressed with your work.

dVIGLrG.png TMRPHVx.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Maximvs

Maximvs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts
  • Chapter Name: [REDACTED]

Outstanding army. I'm most impressed by your leviathan, a piece of art on its own. Kudos!

Edit: spelling

Edited by Maximvs, 26 February 2017 - 12:24 PM.

gallery_33122_7839_884.pngbs-s.pnggallery_33122_7839_8245.pngheader-blog.jpg

Luna707

Luna707

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 595 posts
Hey everyone! I'll be at warhammer world in Nottingham on Friday (picking up a couple Lords of War :) ), drop by if you want to grab a beer or something!

Even though I'm not really a fan of true scaling, I'm really impressed with your work.

I'm happy I could impress your heroic scale sensibilities! :)

Outstanding army. I'm most impressed by your leviathan, a piece of art on its own. Kudos!
Edit: spelling

Thanks! I am very tempted to make a whole talon of them

Thanks for stopping by!
  • Maximvs likes this

choppyred

choppyred

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 57 posts

Love everything that you've done here, sorry sounds like fanboy gushing but I'm truly blown away hope you don't mind me taking inspiration from some of your ideas. yes.gif

Luna707

Luna707

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 595 posts

Love everything that you've done here, sorry sounds like fanboy gushing but I'm truly blown away hope you don't mind me taking inspiration from some of your ideas. yes.gif

Thank you so much brother! Feel free to take whatever inspiration you like!

Luna707

Luna707

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 595 posts

A Dream of Black Sand

gallery_84811_11476_420980.jpg

Once more the heavens heave their tears down upon the withering husk of man’s ceaseless struggle. Puddles form in the mud, collecting within the imprints of boots embossed in the soil. The drumming causes ripples that shake the moisture. Here the gods rest. Emboldened by their hubris, they descended from the firmament to bring their wrath upon one another. Now it is only their silence they have to bear. The black sand reaches up to swallow them, to bring them into its’ quiet place. Soon even the stars will forget their names.

gallery_84811_11476_579962.jpg

Hey everyone! The pict captures above are some work in progress shots of the Istvaan V diorama I have been working on. I am planning a fairly expansive scene of which these two Astartes will be a small drama amongst many. The man himself will also be present in the fray (in addition to Gabriel Santar), however I am still unsure as to whether he will be wielding Fulgrim’s lore coherent Firebrand or his anachronistic Hammer. I was planning on doing an in depth conversion with Ferrus, however after playing with the gorgeous Forgeworld model I have gone with a far more subtle conversion that looks a bit like Dorn’s pose on the cover of The Praetorian of Dorn. I will post pictures of him soon!

I have also been working on some armor for the Tenth:

gallery_84811_11476_651623.jpg

A Typhon will be my next addition to the Storm Walkers

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

Edited by Luna707, 18 May 2017 - 11:33 PM.

• Apologist, Brother Dallo, DimDim and 2 others like this

Isengrin

Isengrin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts

Man, that looks brutal...and very promising already. If your Diorama plays out on Istvaan V, Ferrus almost has to wield Firebrand. Then again, just go with what feels right for you and what works better with his pose. I imagine it would be difficult to magnetize the weapon options, if Ferrus uses a two-handed grip. 

Luna707

Luna707

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 595 posts
I know :/ I just love his hammer so much, such a beautiful sculpt haha I'm thinking of making them swappable by pinning both the sword and hammer without glue
  • Isengrin likes this

Brother Dallo

Brother Dallo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,073 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels Encarmine

Really liking the helmet bashing scene. It's brutally beautiful. Brutiful, if you will.

I had something vaguely similar blutacked together for my Emperor's Children, but yours blows mine out of the water.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg 

So yeah, long story short.

Dallo <- Blame that guy.

Obscura, on 08 Mar 2016 

Luna707

Luna707

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 595 posts
Hahaha thanks man, I think I'll be using brutiful from now on!

If anyone has any requests for who or what they would like to see in the diorama, feel free to post it here and I'll see what I can do!

WickedWeed

WickedWeed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 59 posts
  • Chapter Name: Thousand Sons

Been lurking and getting some inspiration for some time, so here comes the whole shabam!
I really dig the consistency of your army's theme and style!
Your gorgon terminators are amazing, how did you create all the tubes, wires and so on?
The way you did some of the photos, especially the ones of those lovely gorgons ;) The dark background with a dimmed light make it look so grim.
Can't wait to see even more made!

"Warp energy can't melt ceramite beams, the webway project was an inside job!"

My Thousand Sons army "At The Burning"
http://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/327925-thousand-sons-at-the-burning-army/

L_T_3_2017_Badge_01_Centurion.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_03_Champion.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_04_Forgelord.jpgL_T_3_2017_Medals.gif

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,126 posts

Suitably brutal and desperate!

Also, nice job on that Spartan!

Isengrin

Isengrin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts

Hmm, hmmm...maybe two legionnaires grappling for a knife, desperately trying to stab each other? Or something similar to the pic under the spoiler tag? You've already mentioned Santar, so how about my man Bion Henricos? But the most important question is...will you put Fulgrim in there? teehee.gif

Spoiler

Luna707

Luna707

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 595 posts

Been lurking and getting some inspiration for some time, so here comes the whole shabam!
I really dig the consistency of your army's theme and style!
Your gorgon terminators are amazing, how did you create all the tubes, wires and so on?
The way you did some of the photos, especially the ones of those lovely gorgons msn-wink.gif The dark background with a dimmed light make it look so grim.
Can't wait to see even more made!

Thanks man! I really appreciate it! I'm careful in trying to keep each model consistent with the feel of the army, I'm glad you noticed. The tubes are made with the help of the 'Roll Maker Set' from Green Stuff World: http://www.greenstuf...re-machine.html  The tool is pretty amazing, I highly recommend it. I'm glad that my guys have inspired you!

Suitably brutal and desperate!

Also, nice job on that Spartan!

Thanks Brother!

Hmm, hmmm...maybe two legionnaires grappling for a knife, desperately trying to stab each other? Or something similar to the pic under the spoiler tag? You've already mentioned Santar, so how about my man Bion Henricos? But the most important question is...will you put Fulgrim in there? teehee.gif

Spoiler

I feel like I should add Fulgrim but I just hate him too much to even think about painting him hahaha Henricos is a good idea, I think I may throw him in there. Do you know if he was wearing Terminator armor on Istvaan V? That's a sweet picture, I can almost guarantee something similar will make an appearance on the diorama!

Here's a wip of Santar (ignore the Raven Guard stuff, I used Corax as his base. All of that will be shaved off soon)

gallery_84811_11476_997724.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_386595.jpg

I've always loved the Praetor set from Forgeworld, so the cataphractii model served as my main source of inspiration for Santar. Still not sure if I'm going to use Corax's claws or the normal cataphractii ones. If anyone has comments or suggestions, feel free to mention them

More Iron Tenth to come, stay tuned! Thanks for stopping by!

Edited by Luna707, 18 May 2017 - 11:35 PM.

• Apologist, Bob Hunk, Xin Ceithan and 4 others like this

dantay_xv

dantay_xv

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,151 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves

Looks awesome.

What about Kor Phaerons claws?

ETL 1v2

Apologist

Apologist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,167 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines: The Praetors of Calth

Santar is awesome. Claw-wise, you could go for the Space Shark special character – his claws are cool, high-tech and blocky – or perhaps the ones from the Deathwing set? They're in a great pose, and the studded detail will echo the legs you've used.

Lovely conversion already, and I'm really excited to see where the diorama goes. You mentioned not wanting to make Fulgrim... PM incoming.

+Death of a Rubricist+

My blog

May You Live Forever – a narrative Iron Hands blog | Officio Monstrosa – Iron Warriors during the siege of Terra | The Praetors of Calth – Ultramarines from Crusade to Scouring

Isengrin

Isengrin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts

Sweet! Using a primarch's body for Santar is pretty badass. Do you plan to attach him permanently on the diorama? It would be almost a pity if you can't use him in your games. 

I feel like I should add Fulgrim but I just hate him too much to even think about painting him hahaha (...)

Haha, yeah I can relate to that. Would be difficult to paint up that peacocky bastard. tongue.png

Edit: Not sure about Bion. He was just a sergeant in Feat of Iron, where he wore power armour if I recall correctly. The closest source to Istvaan should be Scars, and I think he still had his power armour there. In Little Horus he was described as having breathtaking speed, which would probably rule out terminator armour, and he also carried a medusan bihander, while a terminator would have a power fist or axe I suppose. 

Edited by Isengrin, 19 May 2017 - 04:28 PM.

StruManChu

StruManChu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 505 posts
This thread is magnificent. You've managed to take my mental image of the Iron Hands and show me the models I wish I could make. Brutal, unyielding and very, very cool. Kudos!

gallery_67188_7843_37694.jpg

DESPERATELY SEEKING IMPERIAL KNIGHT HOUSE GRIFFITH TRANSFERS. PM me if you have any spare!

Part of the ship, part of the crew...

choppyred

choppyred

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 57 posts

The chaos terminator lords lightening claws, you can snip them off each finger and add them to other hands to quite good effect. I used them for my Guilleman/Emps conversion and they look nice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iron Hands, Horus Heresy, True Scale, Art Scale, WIP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users