Miniwargaming heresy batreps up

depthcharge12

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, Miniwargaming (over on YouTube and their own site) has put up two heresy batreps between the SoH and EC. These guys have always put up quality content and are a quirky if not idiosyncratic bunch of guys.

They like to do a campaign (dear god the words forge the narrative comes to mind) style of play that's quite interesting and so far follows along book 1's special missions. You can sign up for free for the Vault and watch the second video as well. The first one uses the unexploded ordinance rules as the Traitors land down on Isstvaan, and the second one is the loyalists and traitors fighting among the firestorm and chaos of the street to street battles.

Enjoy!

I think well see more optimized lists as they go on; remember, theyre just starting out and getting a grasp for the system.

I can assure you, everybody here went / is going through the same phase that they are ;)

We will also not speak about any rules mistake they make (do that on their websites comment section for the videos) since, again, theyre learning the system and havent nailed it down 100%

Lord knows a few of us more...rules inclined members (me included) make mistakes from time to time...

Im just happy were getting more and more 30k batreps and MWG doing the same now is only a good thing, I feel.

Aye quite like MWG, they're cheesy but in an okay way.

Started watching the first heresy one and if you can get past the questionable list optimisation it's quite okay :P ruleofcoolhammer.

Yeah I feel like they're still stuck in books 1/2 as they're trying to use lots of Sicarans, Kheresnaughts, and lots of marines.

But it's good at the same time, brings variety to some of the spammy batreps (though there are quite few even among the 30k community).

There were SO MANY basic errors in the first two games.

For some reason Dave treated his Contemptor as AV12 and WS/BS4 in both games, they ignored the rending rule on the Sicaran's main guns to name a few...

My issues with the mistakes is that they relate to basic unit or weapon profiles, and not to complicated special rules that could be confusing, it's not like Dave is new to the game!

But have you ever seen them use contemptors/sicarans in any of their other games before?

Probably not.

So unfamiliarity with the profile + the subconcious going "its a dreadnought. They have profile X" is probably the cause to that.

Theres no real point complaining about it since they usually correct these mistakes in due time. :p

I'd honestly like to see the IWs against the EC guy, they're both interesting lists that could go either way.

It's too bad there really aren't any other loyalists other than Matt's Sallies, it would've been nice to see a Fist or IH player.

Leland was supposed to be Fists before he left :(

I'm even more tempted to take a trip there at some point in the future now that they've got 30k going.

But...time and all that.

I'm in the UK... it's a long way for me to travel. I'd love to beat them all one by one with my Ultras ;-)

Aside from Steve, he's making a very strong army by the look of things lol

I'm in the UK... it's a long way for me to travel. I'd love to beat them all one by one with my Ultras ;-)

Steve is (and he states so himself) a Power Gamer who plays Eldar and Necrons tongue.png Is that really a surprise?

I will commend him for going for something more static than his usual High-Mobility, High-Punch lists.

What I really want to do though is give Quirk a rundown of the Alpha Legion Shenanigans he should/could be doing :x

Steve is (and he states so himself) a Power Gamer who plays Eldar and Necrons tongue.png Is that really a surprise?

I will commend him for going for something more static than his usual High-Mobility, High-Punch lists.

What I really want to do though is give Quirk a rundown of the Alpha Legion Shenanigans he should/could be doing :x

Get Hesh on the phone XD

What I really want is to give Quirk some loaded dice! Watching the Path to Glory campaign has just been agonizing with his rolls.

@Slips

The necron one was super funny. Admittedly they did balance the Necrons by not allowing Decurions/formations and allowing larger unit sizes and FW units which made for an interesting match up.

Yeah just about to finish Ep1. The Necrons Steeve play were a lot more fun to see than their Typical Decurion Lists.

I will say that, like most of these Early 30k Bat Reps, a fair bit of Optimization could have been had ^_^

Yeah they could definetly optimize their list more, though I would imagine that this is due to being new. Unlike 40k you there really aren't that many boards that discuss it so they don't have many resources outside of the B&C and a couple of other forums of course.

Well it's also nice to see some infantry play because if they made similar optimized lists...it'd get messy quick. I assume that we might see a competitive throw down between Matt's Sallies and the Mountain's IWs. I was honestly hoping for that instead of Necrons haha

• 2 weeks later...

The World Eaters v Salamanders one was really good, imo.

In the Vault they have Angron squaring up against Vulkan in a re-match featuring both Legion's Primarchs. Going to watch it shortly....

Currently watching Ep1.

Shredding Typhon. As if it wasn't strong enough LOL

This game really shows the Typhon off, not just as an offensive threat but as something that will be hard to deal with during retaliation!

Archived