Miniwargaming heresy batreps up

depthcharge12

FINALLY A SONS OF HORUS BAT REP!!!! :P

MWG finally summoned Dave to play a game against Josh's AdMech. Looks good so far, though I'm only into SoH T1. I'm really happy they finally got this game in with two heavy hitters.

Some slight cynicism on my part:

Dave's army looks tailored to take on AdMech in this instance - 3 sniper vets, plasmacutioners, missile launchers. While it's definitely an all round list from things Dave has, I can't help but wonder if he list tailored. However, I can't quite shed any crocodile tears for a Cybernetica list, and Josh's army has won roughly 90% of the games he's shown. I still enjoy this game though, so don't let my slights of honor change your mind :D

I was lucky enough to have a gap in my schedule that lined up with Dave being available for a game.  I helped build the SoH list knowing it would be taking on my Mechanicum and wanting an interesting game.    

I was lucky enough to have a gap in my schedule that lined up with Dave being available for a game. I helped build the SoH list knowing it would be taking on my Mechanicum and wanting an interesting game.

Honestly, I think the Justaerin out of a claw would have been useful or maybe have him try out the Long March rite of war. Tell him about the magic of relentless missile launcher squads :O

Will you guys be doing a Prospero campaign? I'd resign up just for that!

This was actually the best 30k batrep MWG have done in a while!

Agreed.  That new low point level 30k campaign thingy they are doing is just DIRT.

I'm going to have to put it in my sig at this point. "If you're going to complain, at least say why you don't like it."

Agreed. That new low point level 30k campaign thingy they are doing is just DIRT.

I'm going to have to put it in my sig at this point. "If you're going to complain, at least say why you don't like it."

I'll explain why I didn't like it, got in 2 episodes and am now legitimately thinking Quirk is a masochist. The amount of times that dude loses boggles the mind.

New batrep featuring Dave playing with WBs (whaaa?) against SoH (double whaaa?). Looked promising but it's only 1850 points and pretty much could be summed up with 2 Leviathans fighting a Spartan full of Gal Vorbak. However:

The SoH player's 2 Leviathans die by turn two due to lucky shooting. You literally hear the SoH player's soul dying. I scorn the idea of 2 Leviathans sub 2000 let alone 1850, but I kinda feel bad for the dude because he got taken out back and was beat like a rented mule.

But I guess this goes as a warning to all ye Leviathan spammers...they aren't invincible. Plus it was like 800 points of that dude's list...

Agreed. That new low point level 30k campaign thingy they are doing is just DIRT.

I'll explain why I didn't like it, got in 2 episodes and am now legitimately thinking Quirk is a masochist. The amount of times that dude loses boggles the mind.

New batrep featuring Dave playing with WBs (whaaa?) against SoH (double whaaa?). Looked promising but it's only 1850 points and pretty much could be summed up with 2 Leviathans fighting a Spartan full of Gal Vorbak. However:

The SoH player's 2 Leviathans die by turn two due to lucky shooting. You literally hear the SoH player's soul dying. I scorn the idea of 2 Leviathans sub 2000 let alone 1850, but I kinda feel bad for the dude because he got taken out back and was beat like a rented mule.

But I guess this goes as a warning to all ye Leviathan spammers...they aren't invincible. Plus it was like 800 points of that dude's list...

Yeah Quirk dunno how he plays those alpha Legion game after game. Don't think I've watched one that he has won.

New one up today! Pretty fun match up with Matt running warp cult shenanigans against a RG player. I thought the RG dude would be the underdog in the match but it's quite fairly balanced the whole way through :)

Definitely recommend this one!

Edit: I renewed my vault membership for a month due to Matt and Dave playing more games. If they continue I will look toward a longer membership...ironicallly they get more money though if I just renew on a month by month basis though :P

Started watching the SoH v Sallies batrep in the vault...ehhh the SoH player makes some shamfu disprays like charging a tacticals squad with a shooty Leviathan and assaulting a master crafted melta squad with Justaerin :/ they did get lucky rolls, but there's like zero reason you'd risk your 2W terminators to melta if you have the option to charge with Reavers first.

It's a good match up...just some silly decisions on the SoH player's side. I'd also like to point out how risky his list is with like a grand total of 5-6 units in a 2500 point list.

Iron warriors vs 1ksons today.

Am enjoying this one, yea verily

Looks like Space Wolves vs Thousand Sons too! Haven't watched it yet though.

Yeah I'm watching the first of the two and it's going quite well. Had either done Ironfire and/or Crimson Guard, it would've been a much crazier game.

It's a really good match up and I think The Mountain, like his IWs, gets happier with the more casualties he takes :P he can seem bored when his opponent doesn't have a good list, so it's good to see some back and forth with him and his opponent!

The TS player in the first game was actually running Crimson Guard.

Ah my bad, I thought he would have deep struck instead, likely would have worked out better than slogging. I thought he was running PotL instead :O

Ah my bad, I thought he would have deep struck instead, likely would have worked out better than slogging. I thought he was running PotL instead ohmy.png

He did deepstrike termies but not all of them since one Sekhmet squad did have levi thanks to the attached character.

But yeah, at first glance I also assumed POTL but the double dice rolls for power is GotCK thing.

Ah my bad, I thought he would have deep struck instead, likely would have worked out better than slogging. I thought he was running PotL instead ohmy.png

He did deepstrike termies but not all of them since one Sekhmet squad did have levi thanks to the attached character.

But yeah, at first glance I also assumed POTL but the double dice rolls for power is GotCK thing.

Yeah it was weird that he handicapped himself like that. Not saying it's wrong...but it's odd that you wouldn't capitalize on all the benefits that RoW confers. There would've been some dangerous terrain checks for DS in that scenario, but then he wouldn't suffer walking through terrain the entire match, and would've got the rerolls of 1's for ++.

I was thinking Sekhmet conferred rolling two dice for generating WCs so that's why I thought it was PotL lol

• 3 weeks later...

IW vs DA, just started watching and I'm 99% sure DA list is illegal.

He refers to his troops as veterans, which is not a thing for Ironwing...

The DA player had two units of breachers, so I'm pretty sure his list is legit.

Archived