A Carnival of Monsters - World Eaters Log

Billy Butcher

Never have I seen blue so regal. A shame it'll be covered in liquid loyalists.

Hardly a shame, more a way of life :smile.:

That rich arterial red will really accessorize well with your deep cerulean pauldrons :biggrin.:

The Emperor's Children think they're the experts on fashion, but nope, it was really the World Eaters all along. Who'd have guessed it?

How do you plan on applying the gore? The models are gorgeous as is, such vibrant colours.

I am really gutted I only found out about Vallejo French Blue after painting 40 tacticals with AP Ultramarine. That blue is just out of this world. I might use it on Khârn to make him look special, as is warranted!

I AM GLAD YOU ASKED! Cos doing 40 despoilers and not waffling on about it is just the trickiest.

Use a sponge and stipling brush.

Sponge:

Spasm your colours together but don't mix them, create a mis-mash of reddy-brown colours.

Liberally or conservationally sponge on to relevant areas.

Stipple

Dipple your stipple into your blood mix and sort of flipple your dippled stipple at very raised edges (Like chainweapon teeth). For pro effort mix in some adhesive so when you dipple your stipple to flipple your mix it will be slightly gooey and can look like blood leaking or oozing. Very cool.

I mostly sponged due to hobby exhaustion, using a mixture of blood mix and nuln oil to which I dippled my stipple to sponge & flipple my models.

I recommend you use Blood for the Blood God technical for dippling your stipple in, to flipple at the weapons.

So I can dipple my stipple to flipple?

Fascinating :-)

I'm not sure the pictures are being fair to the French blue, it's a lovely colour, but maybe not quite as vivid as it looks.

It's well worth a punt though, as is VMC royal blue and intense blue.

I suppose for maximum boomshakka I could mix in a little fluorescent blue :-p

Edited by Harrypotter

• 4 weeks later...

For my blood spray, on Angron, I loaded a brush with blood for the blood god, held it at various distances from him and blew.

It has a great way of getting a random blood spatter effect. Blow gentle and it is all bi drops and stringy. Blow hard and it is like vapourised blood (high velocity blood spatter).

Using an airbrush is a bit more precise so I would practice on a few spare marines first. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...