• 3 months later...

COME ON FEEL THE NOISE, GIRLS ROCK YOUR VOICE!!!

-For years I thought these were the lyrics from Quiet Riot.

Really though, this is what I think of when I think of Noise Marines: Oblivion instrumental from Mastodon. Those first 40 seconds or so just get the blood going. Anyways, back to where I left off. I know its been a hundred years so please bare with me.

Nice work on the Obliterator counts as, the gun and backpack really look the part.

The Lord's sword and shoulder pad look great, but I feel like him and the champion look a little too clean and appear more like loyalists than traitors. Perhaps some chains/skulls/trophies might alter this?

Thank you my friend. Currently he is serving as an actual warpsmith in my Fist of the Gods detachment...so lucky thing I finally built him. :smile.:

I do agree with you on the look. Will definitely have to go back an distribute some gruesome trophies. As of now there is almost no warp taint on the armor and whenever I get to paint them up they will have the purple and gold. I like to think of these guys around the time frame of the Legion Wars and after when the Long War continues (I think that's how it goes in the fluff, right?). So they should look crazy with warped armor, maybe some mutations, and crazy paint jobs but I am not feeling it. Plus, when I started this army there was a bit of an underlying thought that I could turn most of these units around from a 40K army into a 30K one.

However, if GW does finally release some new Chaos plastic marines that reflect the Dark Vengeance Chosen I will be all over that in a heart beat. Bet your bottom dollar on that but for now the new plastic heresy marines will hold up the armor mantle for the Cult of Golden Tears.

I agree with Pearson, they need a touch more Chaos to pull it off.

That being said that sword for the Lord is wonderful. Where is that from?

Varanguard from the Age of Sigmar's chaos range. Really cool units but cheese and crackers! A $100 space bucks!?

That mighty sword on the biker reminds me of some of the animoo I enjoy watching. It is most pleasing :biggrin.:

Which anime would that be? I am now very curious. It's bleach I bet! They have all kinds of swords.

There are some awesome conversions here. Great stuff, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you! I hope there will be more to come.

That sword... man, great stuff. :thumbsup:

I tried. I really liked it and wanted it but that sword was for a plastic figure that would probably be closer to the true scale an astartes would be. I do think it would look better on a marine with terminator place.

Izzat one of the swords from the FB Varanguard? Starting to get really tempted to pick up a box of 'em...

Gotta be honest with ya: I don't like bikes much. That being said, the two you've done so far look very nice. Keep it up!

Simon, ese! It definitely is a cool box but that price is killer. Some rational, economically geared part of my mind screams when I see that unit.

In real life I am not much of a bike guy. I prefer a nice V8, loud pipes, 4 wheels and a solid roof. Bikes are two-wheeled Death Catapults if you ask me...but when something has obnoxiously large tires I am all in. There is still work left to do on them but I have a new army list I am building and they are not a part of it.

Now...onto some recent work thanks to Christmas break giving me some much deserved hobby time!

With Traitor Legions coming out my Noise Boys got quite the boost in the war department. I bought the book, last copy my GW had at the time :smile.:, made a list of what I had to utilize the new rules, and went to battle with it...and achieved great success thus far.

My list as it has been copied and pasted from Noise Marine related discussesion on B&C.

Cult of Golden Tears v.22 1500pts

Kakaphoni:

-Lord, MoS, Blissgiver

-Noise Marines, 4x Sonic Blasters, Rhino (objective grabbers)

-Noise Marines, 4x Sonic Blasters, Rhino (objective grabbers)

-Noise Marines, 3x Sonic Blasters, Blastmaster (fire support)

-Noise Marines, +1 NM, 5x CCW, Icon (objective grabber/enemy warlord hunter, Lord went here)

Fist of the Gods,
-Warpsmith, MoS
-Predator, autocannon, heavy bolter sponsons
-Predator, autocannon, heavy bolter sponsons
-Land Raider, Havoc Launcher (Lord and NM CCW squad hitched a ride with Warpsmith)
*Obviously everything has VotLW for free.
So, now I needed a lot of marines and got work...slowly:
gallery_55057_11760_261657.jpg
Built some purely Mk3 and Mk4 marines to serve as NM, a new Champion to lead the way, put together my last 2 FW Kakoponi, and started to work on a marine for my home made blast master. * the new champ and Blastmaster do not have heads glued on yet...started to debate which to use and then started to debate if I want some bare headed guys or not...
gallery_55057_11760_113118.jpg
So I had been using the FW Kakophoni as my blastmaster and just proxying my regular bolter marines as sonic blasters...but NO MORE! Scored a whole lot of the Kakophoni weapons to fill out my list. I really need two more and I will be done (I have 17 sonic blasters if my math is right). So with that in mind I have to work on my own blastmasters to set them apart from the sonic blasters. Going to have to chaos up the BM for use and try to figure out how to get him more in line the the FW Kakophoni. Definitely going to give my BM large backpacks to serve as amps and boom boxes.
Lastly, as you can see I finally started using the etched brass and went about blinging things up. This has been a very welcomed update for my tanks.
gallery_55057_11760_539694.jpg
That predator had to get some reconstructive surgery on his sponsons as the lascannons that used to be there snapped off from the small piece of plastic that held it up. This worked out though as I am running Dakka preds.
Well, I am off to ponder how to make 17 marines not look 100% alike when they will all use the same gun that only has two poses (at ease and aiming). Go Go Kakaophoni and thanks for stopping by!

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR, my friends!

The etched brass really adds to these guys, especially on the banners. Liking the new sergeant with the eldar(?) blade as well, nice menacing pose and not too busy.

The etched brass helps especially since I could not free hand that stuff to save my life. The new guy is wielding an Eldar blade taken as a weapon-trophy from a fallen ghost soldier. Fun fact is that blade is as tall as him just about. Which leads me thinking I screwed up a bits because that should probably be a two handed sword thus requiring a longer hilt. Plus, I over glued the darn thing despite pinning it.

gallery_55057_11760_258110.jpg

I want that blastmaster. Awesome :biggrin.:

Thanks! I'd love to but I will have to be greedy. I need to two more so you will be waiting a little while due to lead times. :tongue.: I will have to make the next two look a wee bit different but I can document what I will use if that will hold you for the mean time.

BANG A GONG !!!!

THINGS WILL GET LOUD NOW!

Well, I did get some work done. Took a Mk7 head, tried to add studs to make it look Heresy Era but its not really visible, then a brush was added before being awarded to my new champ.

gallery_55057_11760_47930.jpg

One crazy idea I have had about studs was to paint them white with light, purple hues and add gloss varnish to make them look like pearls. Just something vain I would think an Emperor's Children would try out.

Hopefully he and his brethren will law low some Sons of Ferrus tomorrow night. Thanks for stopping by!

The etched brass really adds to these guys, especially on the banners. Liking the new sergeant with the eldar(?) blade as well, nice menacing pose and not too busy.

The etched brass helps especially since I could not free hand that stuff to save my life. The new guy is wielding an Eldar blade taken as a weapon-trophy from a fallen ghost soldier. Fun fact is that blade is as tall as him just about. Which leads me thinking I screwed up a bits because that should probably be a two handed sword thus requiring a longer hilt. Plus, I over glued the darn thing despite pinning it.

Echo that with the brass and freehand brother. The blade looks great, not overlarge at all. I think you've just about got away with the hilt length too.

Echo that with the brass and freehand brother. The blade looks great, not overlarge at all. I think you've just about got away with the hilt length too.

You are right. Though I would like to have a guy in here with a two handed sword. Off to start brainstorming...

Going to steal that sword idea I forgot I have some harlis I've been gutting for Trophies .

Make it happen, brother. I had a few swords and even some of the masks as trophies but haven't used them yet.

Also, on some of my champs I have these jewels with ribbons from some high elf unit. This represent their most favored trophies, soulstones :smile.:

Um...where did the skull in your termie come from? Asking for a friend :whistling:

The skull comes from the vampire counts skeletons box. With the very little tools I had at the time I trimmed some of the back of the skull away and the front of a head I cannot remember to place it in there. Pretty much tried to copy From the Warp minus all the skill he has. Tell your friend I look forward to see what they come up with.:wink:

And a very minor update that doesn't go to my Emperor's Children...

gallery_55057_11760_567598.jpg

Started to build some HH Terminators! Just waiting on extra arm/shoulders for the one Cataphractii since his Chaplain-NOT-chaplain got them. Speaking of which, to the most keen eyes their shoulders may look weird on them as I kept putting them on backwards.:wacko.:

Started to assembly line some Tartaros but ran out of steam due to dealing with a cold (my luck I get sick on holidays). I used to despise this pattern of armor but now I am really digging it.

And started sorting out some shields I bought for future breachers. Some are thin around the areas where the elbow and forearm are connected and right below where the aquila is. Going to have to figure out what to do to strengthen them up. GS I am guess.

In the end one of them MUST look like similar to one of these:

http://winteriscoming.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Bolton-shields-Official-630x354.jpg

Well, I am off for a fine shot of Dayquil and maybe a nap. Thanks for stopping by and TA-TA for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you not hear it?

The symphony and the choir!

The soft voices raised in odes of ecstasy as the strings and blaring of instruments roar triumphant!

With every thrust of my blade and burst of my boltgun I conduct such beautiful music.

-Lord Commander Azmodaios, Cult of Golden Tears

---

Good evening everyone! Just wanted to let you know I have been a busy bee. :smile.:

First off I have been reading a lot of great posts and looking upon some great minis so I had to sit down and work on some of my own. To start off I tried my hand at my biggest Achilles heel, sculpting.

gallery_55057_11760_200537.jpg

I am going to have 17 noise marines armed with sonic blasters, and a few more with swords in hand. A great source of inspiration and something I wanted to mimic was the FW Kakophoni. So I tried and tried to start with sculpting some ruined tabbards. This may not look like much but this was a huge breakthrough for me.

*Fun fact I just swapped my CFL's to LED so these next few pics are different...

Anways, with that done I ended up finishing my gang of champions.

gallery_55057_11760_62057.jpg

I am running six noise marine squads in the Kakophoni detachment as part of my rapture battalion. Now I have enough leaders to properly lead the show. There are a few little trophies I need to add before they are 100%.

One fun thing was to give one of these champs a very appropriate piece of gear.

gallery_55057_11760_470408.jpg

Nothing seems more right than a noise marine champion with a baton to conduct his forces. Plus I didn't like the aimed pistol look he had so this worked out.

And a slight close up of the new kids.

gallery_55057_11760_24563.jpg

After seeing these two guys I realized I have two Mohawks, two Horse-brush combs, and now two Top knots for my champions. Glad that worked out.

Started work on the next blastmaster

gallery_55057_11760_955210.jpg

To start I have a stripped and cut down gravcannon. It's big, bulky, and something I would never get to use otherwise so it made a great base for my weapon. Parts of the other bits will end up on this blastmaster. I mostly added them into the pic so I could look back and remember I was going to use those parts.

Lastly, some new noise marines with "sonic blasters" up to bat.

gallery_55057_11760_709930.jpg

So I need a lot of marines armed with sonic blasters. I was originally just fine with using regular old bolter marines to proxy this but I found a seller on ebay who had a load of them available and I bought them up (and I am sadly still waiting on them to come over to America). I also found another seller from whom I bought two more Kakophoni to get all that I needed. As I do not want to double up on the FW minis, let alone even think about doing so four times, I am going to make my own.

Again, stated in my first paragraph the major cues and design I want to draw from are the tattered tabards. I like how they look and with my crummy skill I think I can make it happen. The next thing is the use of extra wiring as seen on the FW Kakophoni chests. It looks cools so I ordered some guitar string to give it a shot. Lastly, the helmets, somehow I will need to make speakers coming out from them. For now though, I am happy with my test Noise Marine/Kakophoni. The only thing that sucks and I had mentioned somewhere before was that their gun will block much of this extra work I want to do.:ermm:

Thanks for stopping by and as always: DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

Edited by hushrong

Not too shabby.... for a Traitor :biggrin.:

I really like the work you've done on converting the sonic weapons, their bulk reminds me a little of the dubstep gun from Saint's Row;

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w213/mp7a1/SRIV_Special_-_Dubstep_Gun_-_Pop_Star_-_Default_zpsa6oeuk2e.png

Great work in here, you've mentioned you feel like you've borrowed a lot of ideas from others. It would appear I have unknowingly borrowed (stolen?) your Blastmaster idea almost entirely. I admit I've put a lot less work into mine though. Looking forward to how you build the blastmaster on the Sonic Dread though. :tu:

Loving the work on the tabards as well

Edited by Biohazard

Not too shabby.... for a Traitor :biggrin.:

I really like the work you've done on converting the sonic weapons, their bulk reminds me a little of the dubstep gun from Saint's Row;

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w213/mp7a1/SRIV_Special_-_Dubstep_Gun_-_Pop_Star_-_Default_zpsa6oeuk2e.png

Thanks! Trying to look good is the most important thing to an Emperor's Children so I have to keep that going...until they reach the weird artsyness of the Andy Warhol and what not...:laugh.:

And that dubstep gun. I am in love. Really want to make one with a turntable now. Just imagine a Noise Marine scratching that while blaring a dissonant song and every scrape just cause ears to bleed. Oh yeah...that's good stuff...

Nice progress and good to see you've been busy

Thank you! It's a new year and I need to keep motivated. No gym or new me tomfoolery this year...my resolution is to have a completed army as this build log is almost a year old now already and all I have to show for it are some grey, plastic marines.

Great work in here, you've mentioned you feel like you've borrowed a lot of ideas from others. It would appear I have unknowingly borrowed (stolen?) your Blastmaster idea almost entirely. I admit I've put a lot less work into mine though. Looking forward to how you build the blastmaster on the Sonic Dread though. :thumbsup:

Loving the work on the tabards as well

That's what I love about this site and its users. There is just so much inspirations to steal. I mean rip off. Errr...borrow.

Sadly though the dreadnought is going to another army. so no warp-amped sonic dread with blastmaster. Though I do still day-dream about that set up.

Definitely want to see what you have come up with for blastmasters as well. And thanks for the compliment. People are sculpting whole minis like a boss and I feel like I climbed Mt. Everest by making a rag for a marine to wear.:tongue.:

​Some Great looking Marines there Bro . OH !! and Death to Grunge Marines !!!! :tongue.:

Thank you, brother! And I think you mean "DEATH METAL for the Grunge Marines!"

Job well done on your sculpting. Love what you've been able to do with your DIY sonic weaponry, too!

Thank you. Hopefully one day I will be able to sculpt something truly worth showing off haha. I also have to say I am happy as a clam about the blastmasters too.

Always wanted something more interesting and definitely pleased I used my own hands to do something about it.

---

Well, yesterday my arms shipment arrived from Deutschland!

gallery_55057_11760_641692.jpg

Need to get a bowl, dish soap, and some warm water to get them started. I am still beyond ecstatic that I was able to get all of these in one fell swoop.

Also, awhile back I got Narik Dreygur and Autilon Skorr on ebay. Narik was built as is while Skorr is being cannibalized. I already used his baton arm on a champ, I am thinking about using his helmet on Geigor Fell-hand, his axe on an executioner, and his body for this:

gallery_55057_11760_703186.jpg

Obviously a rough start on my Lord with Blissgiver / Praetor with Paragon Blade. Working on some other bits but I want to copy the back pack I have on my biker lord on this guy for sure but just do a better job of it.

Well, I am headed out. Thanks again for stopping by.

Edited by hushrong

"Happy birthday to you..."

gallery_55057_11760_332417.jpg

Cult of Golden Tears Test Marine One & CoGT Redux Test Marine One

A few years back I assembled a rag tag army of Slaaneshi Noise Marines to make use of their sublime Blastmaster. It was crazy. I could have gone back to the Iron Warriors and Night Lords I was so familiar with but no. I wanted to try another legion which I was fascinated with. My first warhammer novel was Fulgrim and I loved reading about their fall from noble perfectionists to hedonistic gluttons. For a short time the first Cult of Golden Tears rocked out to the lamentation of my opponents suffering from single frequency blastmaster shots. However, that original army was scrapped only to be faintly remembered as I tried to move on to other projects.

Then, one year ago today I had test painted two warp-twisted marines in purple and gold (one pictured above on the right). I had also put together a jump pack equipped sorcerer for Daemonolgy shenanigans. I took a picture of them, added a little quote, and posted them to create this new, shiny thread of mine. Then and there my Cult of Golden Tears were reborn.

I remember going to Chinatown afterwords and while bored during a grocery store pit stop I took out my phone to see what was happening on B&C. To say the least I was happy to see positive responses to my meager post. It was the first time I posted something that seemed wildly well-liked.

Since then I have had bouts of great inspiration and times where I just hit the wall hard head-first. Moments of great enthusiasm for this army & the hobby in general while other times I felt more akin to one of those bored, depressed looking house cats on a window sill. With my ever changing list I had suffered great, catastrophic defeat and moments of truly glorious victory. All of this has led to the accumulation of a great bounty of plastic and resin.

And here it is...

gallery_55057_11760_50880.jpg

This is the greyest army pic I have ever seen...

If I were a smart man ALL of this would be devoted to Slaanesh (except the Bloodthirster and those Rubric Marines). Yet time, ideas, and chance are fickle things. Some will honor the III Legion colors while others branch off to form the beating hearts of other Legions I adore. Yet all of this stems from sticking with the Emperor's Children, my Cult of Golden Tears, and I have them to blame if I become a hoarder.

To bring this birthday toast to a close I must say I am happy that after one year this army is still alive and well. I hope to build more despite already having too much on my plate (or my work table to be literal). I finally want to start painting and play this game with good looking minis. I also want to flesh out the fluff and lore that I have had on my mind for over a year about this army and share it with you all. I also wish to pay homage to other forces that I am smitten with by building and painting even more minis. So with the new year I pledge that.To not stop hobbying. Like all of us here we have our reasons to build, play, and collect vast armies and to keep on doing so. For me one great thing that has been keeping me going is this very forum and its users.

On that note, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

---

Kierdale, marcusc, cephalopod, & Draakur: Thanks! Definitely hoping to do more and improve with this new year.

Your champions look great! Looking forward to seeing the blissgiver/praetor complete.

Thanks. I am quite pleased with them myself and I am very happy to use the banners. Kudos to Augustus b'Raass and his Imperial Fists for that. I too look forward to working on the Lord but I have to think about what to give him. You know: What kind of sword to use. Cape, no cape? If so which one will work? etc.

---

Haven't been able to get too much work done.

gallery_55057_11760_595165.jpg

It has been killing me that the blastmaster marine has yet to get a head. So while rummaging through bits I found one that seems appropriate. Still trying to round up parts to make the blastmaster boys some backpacks so do not go thinking I forgot about that.

Also started work on another blastmaster. It is definitely different and I hope its end product will look good. Pictured next to it is a bit of guitar string. I need to play around with it more but I hope to add it into customizing my marines.

Lastly, some raggedy Anne tabards ready for more noise marines! I did get their weapons all cleaned up but stopped here so I could try and work on "noise marine-ing" up those torsos with said guitar string and other tidbits.

Anyways, off to pack up this army for a battle tomorrow. Thanks again for stopping by and celebrating One Year of my army with me!

Toodle-oo!