Thanks. I am happy with it now. Still needs more work but I am happy to move forward with it after so long.

I'm also happy with the balstmasters. I don't how I came up with the idea after looking at the land speeder bit. I have a bunch of GW's sonic blasters and blastmasters but they just didn't look good enough for weapons that put out the hurt.

Anything less than perfection is hopelessly flawed.

Alrighty! Here is another update that has been a long time coming. Last edition I had a releatively cheap lord in my army so I could spend more points on Noise Marines. I did give the guy a Blissgiver in the hopes of removing enemies from play. Then I started gathering bits, getting ideas, and then I sat on them for months! Well, the other day I knocked out an Alpha Legion Lord and thought it only fair to make my Emperor's Children Lord, Prince of War, and Master of the Singing Blades:

gallery_55057_11760_539876.jpg

gallery_55057_11760_57379.jpg

I am very happy to see this guy finally put together. My first lord for this army was a biker but I stopped using him and he just lacked grace riding on a very large, squared motorcycle. I am hoping to have done right by him with this guy. There are some weakspots that I may revisit on him plus a few ornamentations I will add but for now I feel like I have made a character worthy of leading my army.

Speaking of army, I have had a change of mind in what I will play. I have come up with a 1250 point list with this lord, 24 noise marines, some tanks and rhinos. During the week I only game on Wednesday which usually involves getting off work, dealing with traffic, heading to my buds place, ordering delivery, setting up the table & terrain, eat, and then finally game. So we usually run out of time in our 2000 point games and never finish.

We decided to scale down and this week I will be using the EC. I haven't played them properly since the end of 7th so I want to give them a go plus I do not want to go crazy investing into them at the moment. I am hoping I can have fun with other Legions, including some of the new DG goodies, and wait out a possible release of an Emperor's Children codex. For now, that is the plan, but plans always get some amendments here and there. Thanks for stopping by!

Edited by hushrong

Your EC lord is very impressive with all the intricate armor, the Eldar head is a nice touch.

Autilon Skorr has some good bits, I chopped him up too and never looked back. :biggrin.:

The metallic purple is lovely, looks like the HH art. Maybe paint the eye lenses something bright like light turqoise to maximize the effect.

Thanks gang! Kind words are always appreciated! Tonight, The Cult of Golden Tears dance into the fire against the vile Harlequins! So this has boosted their confidence and arrogance in unequaled measure. They toast to you all in their Pre-Victory Feasts!

Oh yeah, that's how an EC should look like! I don't know where the hand with the head is from, but it is a great touch, badass character!

Thank you, thank you! I am beyond pleased with this guy and beyond happy you like him!

The head is from the Dark Elf Executioner's box from the WHFB/AoS line.

Great use of parts, especially that helmet; gives off a strong sense of aloof arrogance, most befitting of the third.

@The Traitor: I believe the helm is from the Palatine Blades.

Thanks! That helmet alone is an fantastic bit for any upper echelon marine who fancies artificer armor. I like that he gives off that arrogant vibe thanks to it haha!

that lord is perfect! Fulgrim will be proud :biggrin.:

Thank you! I am hoping so because my boys are still looking for him and that orgy planet in the Eye.:yes:

Your EC lord is very impressive with all the intricate armor, the Eldar head is a nice touch.

Autilon Skorr has some good bits, I chopped him up too and never looked back. :biggrin.:

The metallic purple is lovely, looks like the HH art. Maybe paint the eye lenses something bright like light turqoise to maximize the effect.

Thanks! I am happy he came together the way he did. I wished FW made more marines like Skorr and Dreygur as they are great sculpts.

I'm hoping this paint job works out. So far I am happy with it. I like the idea of the eye color you recommended. I love that little glimpse of the Emperor's Children from the same artwork you are using for your avatar. The one with the Emperor, sword in the air, assembled before his legions.

Absolutely oooozing EC style. Love it!

Thank you! I am glad he has some style haha!

Damned straight COOL .:yes:  Master of the Singing Blades where's his Microphone :biggrin.:  .

Thanks, bud! He sings using his sword, the way it swoons and howls when locking blades, piercing armor, and stripping flesh. You know, classical music :smile.:

That's a Child of the Emperor if I've ever seen one. Awesome job, man. What kit is the severed head from?

Thank you. I just hope he does his legion proud! The head is from the Dark Elf Executioners box if I am not mistaken. When I saw it in my buddy's bit box I knew I needed to use one with my EC.

It's awesome to see you finally finish this lord! I really liked the look of him when you posted at the start of the year and the end result was well worth the wait! All the bits work so well together, and looks really striking. Looking forward to seeing more!

Yeah, its taken me awhile but I got him done haha! Thank you, my friend! Even though they are not part of my 8th ed. army I want to make his body guard squad next.

The Lord looks great, I'd been thinking of using the custodes cloak on a marine for a while now, and it's good to see it works pretty well!

Thank you! I knew I wanted to use the custodes banner when I first saw it and the cloak was an afterthought when going over their kit. My lord would need a cloak and when I saw that one I knew it was a winner.

I just had a crap of a time getting it to look right on him with my level of skill. I wanted it to look attached to the lowest corners on the rear of his pauldron. If I could sculpt to save my life I probably could have made it look better. I look forward to seeing what you do with the cloak. I am a fan of your Blood Angels and I think it would look excellent on them!

• 3 weeks later...

"Our Blades Are Sharp and Shields Unbreakable"

-Palatiine Blade, Xerxes Radec to enemy Eldar Warlock

Well, real life decided to kick down my door and flashbang my existence. It's been a crazy week and the madness should be coming to a close soon. In the meantime, I did find some calm time to work on my beloved Emperor's Children. I have a work bench with tanks, marines, and a whole bunch of new tasty bits (like nine more FW cacophony weapons) in all states of being built...however, this guy is just so close to done.

May I present a true-blue member of my Lord's Bodyguard:

gallery_55057_11760_73040.jpg

I finally figured out how to add that shield to a marine's forearm where it wasn't so damn close to the shoulder pad and didn't have a boring look like my previous ones. Now I am thinking about removing that balled fist and replace it with one gripping a pistol.

I also had some left over bits from Solaq that I put to use. I had thought to save the sword arm for a praetor but I think it works with the pose. I have no idea what holding a sword like that does in a duel or in combat but I like the look. The helmet I wanted to save for a sanguinary guard. However, I don't have any Blood Angels so I thought it would make my boy here a bit fancy. Two more like this to finish up my squad as I already have a champion and the standard bearer prepped for the Lord's bodyguard retinue.

As always, thanks for stopping by!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.

So it has been a little while so may I begin with a morsel of fluff. When I first envisioned this army I wanted them to have a rivalry with my Eldar army I had at the time. The Cult of Golden Tears had sacked, pillaged, and murdered their way through a Craftworld and the survivors were hellbent on revenge. This piece I present, which I completed for the Inspirational Friday Challenger run by our very own Kierdale, was the first stone to be cast that would have built my armies background. I have to say background fluff is what REALLY keeps me interested in my armies and I regret not joining IF earlier to keep the creative juices flowing.

The Feast:

Despair always lurked in the shadow of their thoughts and danced on the tips of their tongues. It was a sensation on the edge of perception and a tiresome old nemesis of the fallen Eldar race. And again it had paid them a dire visit.

Tash’nae watched the display as certain doom played before her eyes. The beloved chosen of She Who Thirsts had come for them and none of her kin had seen them coming. They were blinded to all the paths that led to this moment. She could taste the vileness of the warp stronger on her lips when she licked away the sweat pooling. Tash’nae damned herself for not even sensing it before but there was little time for regret in hindsight. It was that vile, immaterial power that hid a fleet of accursed warriors until they were upon her craftworld.

She looked to her Farseer conducting the defense of their home and sanctuary. He coordinated and communed with the higher echelons of his warriors instructing them how best to counter the assault. Tash’nae looked back to the images dancing before her eyes. She saw the purple lacquered warriors of the astartes tearing their way through the civilian sectors, guardians and aspect warriors trying desperately to halt their advance, and the never-ending rainfall of their venomous tears. The drop pods of the astartes did not cease as they plummeted into the heart of her home.

---

It was no easy feat but they had broken the hardened shell of the craftworld. Boarding torpedoes and kharbydis drop pods followed coordinated strike vectors. Then they leached their way in by melta. When enough had torn through entire segments were weakened for gunships to blast them away. Openings large enough for flights of assault craft had been opened.

Through these openings a trio of raging machine spirits found a path to deliver their deadly cargo. They howled as they left the void and into the artificial gravity of the craftworld. As they fell to the soil of this now desecrated sanctuary their retro thrusters burned softening the impact of their armored shell. Their passengers did not grumble at the sudden collision but when the drop pods shell blossomed open their vox casters emitted a siren’s call for battle.

The mighty steps of three gods of war carried them forward to their objectives. Their orders no longer came from pict captures and holo-feeds taken by scouts. These had been provided by the newly swelled ranks of librarians, the sorcererous-coven, whatever they were called now that looked into the Aether. They were told of a temple of black glass, towers that rose high into the false sky, and their funerary urn like shapes in contrast to the bone white of their sanctuary. They had met with little resistance and mourned that fact passing through the gardens dotted with xeno structures.

Reborn in armored bodies, their crippled flesh given over to the form reminiscent of the titans of old, they walked liked giants who knew no foe or rival that could challenge their might. As the contemptor dreadnoughts crossed another hill they laid false sight upon the temple of black glass. Had they still had eyes of flesh they would have swooned at the majesty of the temple. Regardless, all their pict feeds and sensors played before their now dead eyes was a target.

Their arrival did not go unnoticed. The Eldar guardians and their support platforms prepared their weapons. These abominations were not the first to try and attack their temple. The mounds of burning corpses of the Emperor’s Children surrounding them were testament to the tenacity and even the reckless abandon of their attackers. Although, the toll did not come without sacrifice and the number of collected soul stones grew as the battle passed.

The support batteries glowed before their charge was unleashed and a beam of energy lashed out at the oncoming enemy. These weapon batteries were the first to die. The contemptors braced and locked their joints as their havoc launchers unleashed hell. Their armament did not have to be entirely accurate as their tainted shells unleashed both shrapnel and warpfire. The batteries where destroyed or set alight in green flames. As the guardians recovered from this salvo they faced the brutal assault from the staccato song of autocannons roaring. As the guardians died the first of the dreadnoughts fell as heat lances struck the core of his reactor. A pair of vypers flew over head with no time to celebrate their triumph as they began to circle back.

The assault faltered as the remaining dreadnoughts reacted to their new assailants. Another strafing run from the vypers was an exchange of more brilliant heat lances and pounding autocannon rounds. Again, the losses mounted as one dreadnought tumbled onto its back with a smoking crater in its armored chest and the remains of an astartes evaporated into nothingness. One of the vypers trailed off as it lost power only to crash with the sound of thunder into the distant hills. Undeterred the remaining vyper made for another pass to buy the temple guardians time to recover.

It was a pyrrhic victory and no songs would be told of its outcome. As the vyper lined up its shot the remaining contemptor already began firing. The vyper’s tumbling form crashed end over end into the dreadnought and exploded. Through the smoke that followed the fire a broken giant tried to rise. Propping itself up upon a ruined autocannon and melted joints where its legs had been it would not falter in its mission. The guardians had reformed their defense its sensor told it. Its power was leaking, its frame would shut down, its life support would cease, and possibly worse. Unable to accept failure it fired its last shot the temple and its guardians.

---

The sound of a grenade being fired was undeniable. A single shell launched from the now collapsed dreadnought and it arced toward the defenders. The Eldar guardians scrambled for cover but what came for them was the unexpected.

Spherical, etched in runes, and reeking of the immaterium it landed amongst the defenders. If the seers had been there they would have warned away their brethren. Before the guardians could react the rune etched device opened. There was no explosive detonation or burst of shrapnel. There was only smoke, thick, purple, and alive. Those closest to it choked to death. Guardians barely covered in the smoke were pulled in by clawed hands. The rest looked on in dread horror as a tear in reality had been opened so close to the temple. White lightning roiled within and thunder screamed a howling wail. What followed was nightmares given form.

Daemonettes surged forth on dancer’s limbs through the smoke. Lithe and graceful they began to tear into the defenders. A handful and then a dozen more were locking blades with the guardians. They fought tooth and nail to save their craftworld, their home. And for it they bled. As guardians locked blades their comrades opened fire with their shuriken catapults with their marksmen precision. They hoped to scythe down the monsters before their blades glistened with more blood. It was not long until the last daemonette was put down that the Emperor’s Children emerged forth.

---

Towering, golden shields of two headed eagles absorbed the fire aimed at them. These warriors were different than their kin piled up around the temple defenses. For all their bulk and despite their heavy armor they were quick. These chosen few were swollen and tainted by chaos. They were graced lovingly by the one who laid the Eldar Empire low.

They drew the attention and fire of the guardians and laughed at the audience they attracted. Blades curved and black ached for blood from behind the shields. When the corrupt astartes closed with the guardians they pressed their shields against the Eldar and gleefully severed limbs with their foul blades.

The guardians stationed at the temple were volunteers. From the civilian path they would take up arms when the need was dire. They were strong, trained, and determined to hold against their foe in the darkest hour. Yet they would break against the Emperor’s Children and their hatred, madness, and lusts. The astartes kept pouring forth and there would be no holding back the flood.

Korinha had aimed his rifle as the warrior’s defense dropped. His shield moved out of the way exposing his armored chest but he brought down his blade along the Eldar’s barrel. The cut was clean and as the guardian pulled the trigger nothing roared in response. No more than a second later the Emperor’s Children brought his sword arm up, driving the gold lattice work of his pommel into Korinha’s gut. His armor took the brunt of the blow that should have shattered more bones but it was not impenetrable. The guardian stumbled back and fell as his attacker laughed.

Through the eye lenses of his helm he saw the giant warrior reverse the grip on his blade. Hanging it over him like a threat of death. He could not see it but he could feel it. The warrior of She Who Thirsts licking his lips and teeth set in a perverse smile hidden behind a deathmask of gold.

Korinha heard the word goodbye in his own tongue spoken poetically by his soon to be killer. Words uttered so sweetly laced with poison. He saw the platinum fingers slip loose of the hilt and watched as though time froze. The razor edge raced for armor, flesh and blood and all Korinha desired that his death had saved others. He closed his eyes and heard the ringing sound of weapons clashing.

His eyes opened wide to see the sword deflected in a flash and a singing blade spun around the slash at the soft armor of the Emperor’s Children’s throat. The giant fell to his knees and his armor crunched into the glass of the temple grounds. There was no agony but only bliss that sounded from the blood wet throat of the astartes. Then and swing of the spears blade severed the warriors head.

The farseer and his warlocks had come to defend the temple personally and seal the tear in reality.

---

Like a seawall against a crashing wave the Farseer and his coterie of psyker-warriors repelled the Emperor’s Children that sought entrance to their sanctum. Driven by the desire for glory and spurred forth by their warped senses and a concoction of combat-stims the first of the altered mon-keigh warriors charged forth with abandon.

Though enhanced by genetic tempering and pulsing with Slaanesh’s blessings the blades of the Emperor’s Children met their match against the farseer and his warlocks. Sparks flew as blades clashed and parried. Armor sparked and blood sprayed where xeno weapons had cut deep. Yet, despite their superior skill honed through selfless devotion and enhanced by their pysker might their numbers were far fewer than the invaders that still poured forth from the opening.

Tash’nae had thrust her singing spear forward, barely keeping her grip at the end of its shaft as the opposite, bladed point of the spear punched through the neck of an Emperor’s Children. She was repulsed as she withdrew the blade and watched the astartes collapse. The wretch’s body was wracked with spasms while experiencing ecstasy as it choked on its own blood.

There was no end for when she felled one warrior another of the perverse creatures stood to challenge her.

Tash’nae regained her composure and took a defensive stance as the armored brute marched toward her. Its platinum plated arms were opened to its sides and in its left arm it carried a towering shield of gold. In the other it wielded the curved, elegant blade known only to the artisans of the Eldar race. Surely a trophy used to mock its most desired foe. The astartes raised the hilt of the sword to its gold face plate in salute.

The warlock did not bother with such courtesy. There was no time for such formalities, not in the desperate push to defend her home nor against such a reviled and cursed enemy. Barely betraying her intent she launched the singing spear forward. Despite its bulkiness the Emperor’s Children brought its shield to bear, an elegantly crafted two-headed eagle adorned with jewels intercepted the strike. The singing spear scored its armor leaving behind a scar as it was withdrawn.

The astartes followed up as Tash’nae changed her grip and she was forced to step back as the shield came forward to knock her off balance. With graceful footwork and a twist of her waist she dodged the swing of the shield only to have to kick back and away as the astartes sword came slicing down for her neck. Down and across the razor edge of the Emperor’s Children blade came for her and each time she brought the spear tip of her weapon to counter.

Having placed some distance between her and the warrior she put the Slaaneshi slave on the defensive. Tash’nae would strike at the mon-keigh warrior only to have her weapon deflected by the golden shield. It would try to bat away any attack and charge forth into the range of its sword. With speed and poise unthinkable for such a large, armored mon-keigh the Emperor’s Children pressed the attack. From behind its shield it charged forward, already over a dozen scars marred its once finely wrought surface.

The warlock struggled against the Emperor’s Children. It rarely exposed itself to strike, barely raising its head or peering from the sides of the shield. Only when she found herself nearly off balance did the warrior strike. Frustration began break her battle focus. Anger boiled as she was consistently countered and pushed back by the warrior behind his towering shield. The mon-keigh barely left any great distance between the two as they locked into a deadly duel. She could smell the perfumed scent of its exhaust and hear the calm rhythm of its breathing from within its armor echoed by its vox. Again the Emperor’s Children closed in and swung at Tash’nae, the shield ringing against the rune armor of the warlock where it struck.

Our blades are sharp and shields unbreakable the Emperor’s Children breathed through his vox as though whispering a mantra.

It was only as she retreated back did she hear the distinct whir amongst the battle about her. Only then did she curse herself as her eyes were drawn to its faint source. Buried in the armored chest of the two-headed eagle laid a mighty jewel of forest green. And beneath its surface a pic-captor’s eye opened and closed to keep focus.

With a visual feed sent to the lenses of its helm the Emperor’s Children watched and countered her moves from behind its shield. She would blind the beast and strike it down. Barely taking enough steps back Tash’nae once again launched the spear forward. With the force of a hammer the tip of spear pierced and shattered the protective lense disguised as a jewel. With great ease it cut into the machine and then through the thinnest segment of the shield.

Immediately the mon-keigh disengaged the mag-lock of its shield. In a blur of movement it cast the shield aside while the spear’s blade was buried in its armor. Tash’nae failed to react quickly enough as with deft speed the Emperor’s Children grabbed hold of the singing spears shaft with its free hand. Locking its grasp on the weapon and bracing it against its side it brought down the sword wielding forearm.

In disbelief Tash’nae watched as her spear was shattered. The black, crystalline shaft of her ancient weapon burst into a hundred shards as the platinum plated crashed through it. As her eyes widened and her mouth opened to scream the mon-keigh back handed her. The world went dark as her helm was split open and she collapsed to the ground.

---

Tash’nae awoke from a nightmare to something truly dread.

As her vision tried to focus she could barely believe the horror before her eyes. She watched as her farseer and fellow warlocks fell in battle. Cut down and torn to pieces at the blade of Slaanesh’s favored warriors. She stared in mute terror as she saw her farseer beheaded and his body dissected into pieces and collected for grisly trophies by the purple-lacquered warriors. The warlocks suffered no less cruel fates as there armor and flesh were ripped apart and their organs torn free to be devoured.

She felt cold steel clasp around her neck and any strength left in her broken body faded. Her wrists were bound by the same cold metal. Chains tugged at them carried in the hands of the warrior that bested her.

As the temple and craftworld around her burned the astartes started down at her. She could hear the screaming of her dying people and their souls wail as Slaanesh waited to sup upon them. I bid you welcome to the feast, my pet. You and your warrior coven have made a fine, first course.

I was a bit bummed that with 8th edition the Eldar Corsair army from FW kind of went downhill. If they ever bring it back to its former glory my Emperor's Children may have to face down some xeno treats on the display shelf.

---

Vairocanum, Thanks and I think you are onto something with the jewel. I may take one of the AoS High Elf jewels like I used on the marines shoulder below, remove the ribbon, and try to add it on. I just don't want to goof it as that's the only helm I have with the spread wings. But it will definitely make him much fancier!

Chaplain Dosjetka, thanks! I hope I can keep making marines at this level at least. I have another 10 Noise Marines to make and three more 'bodyguards' to do. They're just competing for attention though from my Black Legion.

The Traitor, Pearson, Thousand Eyes, thanks brethren! Hearing the pose looks good makes me feel better about using that sword with the rest of the bits. It just seems like it is at such a weird angle. I also think the next three bodyguards I build will have something similar. Each pointing out with their weapons as if calling on takers they think will be worthy to duel with.

In other news building has been slow but not unfruitful.

gallery_55057_11760_261829.jpg

gallery_55057_11760_179212.jpg

I said a long time ago that I did not want to have a bunch of Noise Marines standing around with the same pose. After building ten all holding their weapons the same way it's time to add variation. My first thought was to see if I could keep the handle on top of the cacophony/sonic blaster and with some cutting, the answer is yes.

The next ten I build will have this done to them as well where I removed the right forearm and left hand from the weapon. Just need to think of different poses to keep it fresh. That gun is bulky so posing it will be tricky and I will need to find some open or balled left fists to go along with it.

As always, thanks for stopping by and taking a look everyone!

• 4 weeks later...

We Cheat Death from Her Rightful Victory.

No One Can Defeat Us.

Well, I finally made the latest, greatest, and newest member of the band:

gallery_55057_11760_133024.jpg

gallery_55057_11760_20390.jpg

So I have had these bits sitting in a pile on my desk for some time and I finally put them all together. For some reason I am really great at gathering bits and after like two-to-five months I can build something decent. I had been wanting to use that sanguinary guard axe for some time and happy to have it in the hand of another CCQ Noise Marine. I really wanted his right arm stretched out and pointing the axe at this next victim but I'm quite content with this pose.

Now to think of another two CCQ noise marines. Thinking of one with a phoenix spear but need to think of another weapon to use.

Also, my standard bearer in the back is going to get his left arm ripped off and replaced with a shield bearing one. Been thinking about that for awhile so it's got to happen. That way he can match his squadmates a bit more. Going to either find a sheathed sword for him with the idea if a battle gets rough he can plant the standard and draw his blade. We'll see how that goes.

I'm still chipping away at this army and my dumb self decide to make it a 1750 point force made up of two battalions. So I need to build more noise marines than planned and add an exalted champ to go with everything else I've got. Super duper!

---

Thanks Pearson! I wanted to show hints of corruption with the raptor shoulder pad and carving away the grill of the mk3 helm (which I've been doing to some other marines). I tried adding studs to armor for cool factor but botched it on that leg. I tried digging out the microbead and gave up hoping it would just look like damage. IT WORKED! :biggrin.:

The army is not dead and I am honored Nephilim! These poor sods have just taken a back seat as a lot of my attention is going toward my Black Legion. I honestly cannot give them up as they have gotten me through the rough times of previously crappy codices. Really the Blastmaster is what had kept me going. I miss all the fun times it had killed so many vehicles and removed chunks of infantry for me.

Thanks Deathspectre! My personal Long War on hobbying grinds on!:teehee:

Thank you Vairocanum! One down and like fourteen more to go.:wacko.:

Death to the False Emperor!

Edited by hushrong