Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cult of Golden Tears Redux

Chaos Emperors Children Legion Wars III Legion The Long War

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,534 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands
New chap's looking solid as usual, nice pose and the top knot's a nice touch. The whole group are looking very cohesive now.

Markus_

Markus_

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 291 posts

Looking sharp! Lovely mix of bits.

Heresy era Death Guard and other 30k shenanigans

http://www.bolterand...tarions-finest/

Sagentus

Sagentus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,398 posts
These look great hush! Amazing choice of parts

Galloway

Galloway

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 137 posts

New guys look fantastic! Are they going to combine / connect to your Black Legion troops, or basically separate armies?

"Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence."

The Unbound Brethren WIP log

Call_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01c.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifgallery_71441_9972_1612.jpggallery_48988_10069_47070.pngCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01a.jpg

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,116 posts
  • Faction: The Nephilim

We Cheat Death from Her Rightful Victory.

No One Can Defeat Us.

Well, I finally made the latest, greatest, and newest member of the band:

Spoiler

So I have had these bits sitting in a pile on my desk for some time and I finally put them all together. For some reason I am really great at gathering bits and after like two-to-five months I can build something decent. I had been wanting to use that sanguinary guard axe for some time and happy to have it in the hand of another CCQ Noise Marine. I really wanted his right arm stretched out and pointing the axe at this next victim but I'm quite content with this pose.

Now to think of another two CCQ noise marines. Thinking of one with a phoenix spear but need to think of another weapon to use.

Also, my standard bearer in the back is going to get his left arm ripped off and replaced with a shield bearing one. Been thinking about that for awhile so it's got to happen. That way he can match his squadmates a bit more. Going to either find a sheathed sword for him with the idea if a battle gets rough he can plant the standard and draw his blade. We'll see how that goes.

I'm still chipping away at this army and my dumb self decide to make it a 1750 point force made up of two battalions. So I need to build more noise marines than planned and add an exalted champ to go with everything else I've got. Super duper!

---

Thanks Pearson! I wanted to show hints of corruption  with the raptor shoulder pad and carving away the grill of the mk3 helm (which I've been doing to some other marines). I tried adding studs to armor for cool factor but botched it on that leg. I tried digging out the microbead and gave up hoping it would just look like damage. IT WORKED! biggrin.png

The army is not dead and I am honored Nephilim! These poor sods have just taken a back seat as a lot of my attention is going toward my Black Legion. I honestly cannot give them up as they have gotten me through the rough times of previously crappy codices. Really the Blastmaster is what had kept me going. I miss all the fun times it had killed so many vehicles and removed chunks of infantry for me.

Thanks Deathspectre! My personal Long War on hobbying grinds on!teehee.gif

Thank you Vairocanum! One down and like fourteen more to go.wacko.png

Death to the False Emperor!

He looks great. Is the ax kitbashed or is it the one from the Sanguinary Guard?

“I bring you the symphony of war, the bliss of ecstasy and the rapture of a pain-filled death to our enemies.” –Fulgrim, prior to the raid of Prismatica V
"No sacrifice, no degradation and no bliss will exist beyond our reach. I have such sights to show you all, my sons." –Fulgrim, spoken at the stage of La Fenice

"There will come a day when we are not bound by the wills of those child-gods. For now, we must do as we have learned to – prosecute their wars, pretend we are the masters of our own fate." –Eidolon, prior to the defense of the Kalium Gate

WIP Log: Something Wicked This Way Comes

ECPHBanner.pngECBanner.jpg

Trixie

Trixie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion and Taghmata Xana
Some crazy intricate details here, the individuality of each marine is very cool. I think most people are secret fans of the III legion and I am loving yours.

Edited by Trixie, 01 June 2018 - 03:00 AM.

• The Nephilim likes this

sml_gallery_69091_12729_2979.gif

The Traitor

The Traitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,320 posts
  • Faction: Harvesters of Souls
Looks great, a truly magnificent bodyguard!

RnkaNVt.jpgvwZTGE7.pngLwxnpOd.jpgs35PkeL.gifo42xtHt.jpg

They rose from the dead to slay the living:

The Harvesters of Souls, the II Legion and their various allies.

The Grimdark Harvest, my hobby and commissions blog, and a thread here, in B&C.

Lord Commander Eidolon

Lord Commander Eidolon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 850 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children Legion

Glad to see this thread back up and running, even if it is full of dirty traitors....

I am really liking the command squad, and will be taking inspiration from it -- i too thought the custodes stuff from BoP would be ideal for the EC; sadly I've not got round to my terminator command squad & elite breacher squad which is what I had planned for the standard and shields! Nice to see it works out in practice!

I am hoping that the EC get a nice updated bunch of plastics soon - that will probably sway me to turn to the dark side..... 

"Only by Imperfection can we fail...''
Fulgrim, the Phoenician, the Illuminator, the Prefector of Chemos

My Blogs: 

sml_gallery_162_12011_407905.pngtn_gallery_162_12011_4334.jpegtn_gallery_162_12011_452.jpeg Instagram: @pursuitOfperfection

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,857 posts

Great to see the squad all together! I know exactly what you mean when you say gathering bits and not doing anything with them for months as that's how a lot of my projects start. For the other noise marine how about giving him a smaller lightning claw, like what Nemac Vradon did with his raptor lord and biker lord. Looking forward to seeing more updates!

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Photobucket, I will not forget this betrayal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chaos, Emperors Children, Legion Wars, III Legion, The Long War

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users