MosesGunn's 13th Company Log

MosesGunn

Really great posing and kitbashing. I remember falling in love with those Grey Slayers in the Eye of Terror Codex and the WD that came out around then. 

I wouldn't worry about the top knots being to Sons of Horus-y. IMO Wolves and White Scars have just as much a claim to them, even though I understand your worry. Given the clearly feral bits elsewhere on the models, they certainly don't read as anything other than SW. 

I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks Bloodhound. Codex Eye of Terror is my go to for inspiration for the army.

fd281fc55a92ab165df14e061cac7f15.jpg

Tried using Blood Warrior arms for this Stormclaw. Feel the effect is disproportionate, don't think I'd do it again. Can't be arsed to cut it off though.

Edited by MosesGunn

• 1 year later...

I LIVE AGAIN. So have sat down and made an attempt to actual progress on this army. The posts in this forum have a gone a long way to keep me motivated during my hobby freeze, so would love to hear thoughts and criticisms. I'm always one step away from getting distracted or disheartened with a build so I'm going to try and be posting a little more regularly to bring the project into its homestretch.

Here's some attempts at fur and pelt sculpting, will probably run them as Stormclaws/Bloodclaws. Note the base extender on one, the Primaris swap hit me hard as I realized I needed to move everything up to 32mm even if I was going to remain a non primaris force, so finding these for sale saved me a lot of heartache trying to rebase all of my old models.

46c3304aa456a3f60bd046bb8b61445f.jpg

28ee3f65f1861e628aa821fd218ea983.jpg

• 1 month later...

Been rescuing some of my original models from the scrap heap. This OG rhino was the one that came in the 3rd edition Wolves box set and probably is the first vehicle I ever attempted to build. It was in a sorry state of construction and I've tried to clean it up as best I can. Fun fact - for some reason as a kid I glued the exhaust pipes the wrong way round and had to cut them off and pin them back on the correct direction.

1040145f9613dd9fe8ccc3bd056111e1.jpg

a5c904d69160c1655fe0550025699fe7.jpg