Welcome back, brother. The Phalanx salutes one of its most vaunted Captains.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/4f57b426eb253b609e730def1116a205/tumblr_mzibqjl0mI1tq4of6o1_250.gif

He's looking good, like, really good. Your yellow is absolutely on point, as always, but the weathering is just perfect. I much prefer him to your previous Fist for that exact reason.

Look forward to seeing him finished.

The IF marine looks like he's been in the thick of the fighting, rolling around in the mud and such. Just needs a suitably muddy base (maybe have the impression of a muddy puddle too). He looks pretty good to me :)

Also you should feel guilty for not painting more annoyingly yellow coloured marines :P

The first member of Squad Primus, Brother-Sergeant Lachan Syth, is ready for painting at tomorrow's painting session with Lord Thorn (who, by the way, is a filthy heretic).

gallery_45765_7614_138481.png

I'll also try and do a step-by-step tutorial while I paint him. smile.png

You did go a little crazy with the weathering in my opinion, but the yellow looks great.

Thanks! I'm glad that you like the yellow, brother!

Welcome back, brother. The Phalanx salutes one of its most vaunted Captains.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/4f57b426eb253b609e730def1116a205/tumblr_mzibqjl0mI1tq4of6o1_250.gif

He's looking good, like, really good. Your yellow is absolutely on point, as always, but the weathering is just perfect. I much prefer him to your previous Fist for that exact reason.

Look forward to seeing him finished.

Why, thank you. blush.png It means a lot, especially since your own Fists helped get me back on the right track. Glad you like him, too!

Not sure he'll ever get finished, but more is on the way!

What about your ETL Vow ?

Working on it, good sir! Have no fear!

That's a great and proper Imperial Fist there. Weathering is on the heavier side, but I think it suits him well. For an army, this looks like the proper way to go!

Thank you, brother!

That's pretty!

Cheers. smile.png

The IF marine looks like he's been in the thick of the fighting, rolling around in the mud and such. Just needs a suitably muddy base (maybe have the impression of a muddy puddle too). He looks pretty good to me smile.png

Also you should feel guilty for not painting more annoyingly yellow coloured marines tongue.png

Not sure about muddy base since it's so very common but perhaps I don't really have the choice, haha. I'll give it some more thought!

And yes, that's what the plan is from now on. tongue.png

You go round the Wrekin trying to find "your" Chapter/army, but everyone knows that it is and has always been the Fists msn-wink.gif

I am jealous of that yellow though... laugh.png

Your back on the Dorn wagon!:):)

Your yellow was an inspiration to me when i first started the fists.

Black undercoat with a grey or white overspray has been my go to. When i do straight white my paint job has that super pop yellow that reminds me of some cartoony stuffs, your yellow is spot on.

Love the mkiii helm on the mkiv plate-

Ibaporeciate your weathering, heavy, without reducing the amount of detail work you've done- the toothbrush splatter is my next trial:)

Regarding the whole muddy bases thing, if you do decide you want to go that route,  I've recently had an idea about that. I haven't tested it out yet, so it might not work, but if it works how I think it will, it will be both cheaper and more effective than my current technique. I'll let you know how it goes.

And not completing the last guy? Heresy! I mean, look at him! Aside from some highlights and detail work, he's almost done! It would be a shame to leave him now.

Tonight's progress:

gallery_45765_7614_93259.png

He looks a bit more lemon-yellow than he actually is but it's not too bad. And it's late so I'm not going to start faffing around trying to tweak the pictures now.

You go round the Wrekin trying to find "your" Chapter/army, but everyone knows that it is and has always been the Fists msn-wink.gif

I am jealous of that yellow though... laugh.png

Yeah, I've realised that... :blush:

It's pretty easy to do. Will do a tutorial soon!

Your back on the Dorn wagon!smile.pngsmile.png
Your yellow was an inspiration to me when i first started the fists.
Black undercoat with a grey or white overspray has been my go to. When i do straight white my paint job has that super pop yellow that reminds me of some cartoony stuffs, your yellow is spot on.
Love the mkiii helm on the mkiv plate-
Ibaporeciate your weathering, heavy, without reducing the amount of detail work you've done- the toothbrush splatter is my next trial:)

Thanks, lionofjudah! The secret is to wash the whole model to kill that cartoony yellow that you're talking about. It works a charm.

And glad that you'll try something new out! Let me know how it goes. :tu:

Regarding the whole muddy bases thing, if you do decide you want to go that route, I've recently had an idea about that. I haven't tested it out yet, so it might not work, but if it works how I think it will, it will be both cheaper and more effective than my current technique. I'll let you know how it goes.

And not completing the last guy? Heresy! I mean, look at him! Aside from some highlights and detail work, he's almost done! It would be a shame to leave him now.

Still have to think about those but yeah, definitely let me know how it goes!

Yeah, but the weathering is done... Argh. Maybe.

When you're an Imperial Fist at a painting session with other hobbyists, but they're all filthy Iron Warrior traitors...

http://i.imgur.com/1tA5U2fh.jpg

The Sergeant is finished, pictures tonight! :)

When you're an Imperial Fist at a painting session with other hobbyists, but they're all filthy Iron Warrior traitors...

http://i.imgur.com/1tA5U2fh.jpg

The Sergeant is finished, pictures tonight! :)

Rogal Dorn approves of this painting station.

Excluding the base, the Sergeant is finished. A model I'm proud of. :) I hope you all like him, too.

gallery_45765_7614_392688.png

(More pics in the tab below)

Hidden Content

gallery_45765_7614_54298.png

gallery_45765_7614_371814.png

gallery_45765_7614_131660.png

Fisty goodness!!! Good to see you back on the Phalanx, the pain glove awaits

Thanks! Glad to be back. :)

Wow Dos, the fists look amazing! I love the contrast between red and yellow! Staying true to the roots msn-wink.gif

Thank you! And yes, I'm trying to, haha!

The Yellow Ragamuffin looks GOOD.

Thanks! :tu:

*snip*

Rogal Dorn approves of this painting station.

*squeeeeeeee* :D

3 Things Brother

1) I miss your Howling Griffon guy. Now with the deathwatch pad you could finish him. Stick a a studded MKVI pad on his left to allow for the reversed icongraphy.

2) Astral Claw? How dare you.

3) Top quality all plog long.

Back to creating perfection once again? Color me excited!

Loving the new Fist. He looks gritty and ready for more. I also like your Astral Claw and I am wondering if you have a basing tutorial or can give out some tips. I really like the base you made for that marine and would like to learn how to make that. I usually just have glue and sand but it looks 'bleh' and I would like something better.

On the painting table today:

gallery_45765_12075_613381.png

I'm hoping to get all of these segments done by tonight, meaning that I'll only have the quad autocannon turret, three Servitors, and the Techmarine to finish off for my ETL vow to be completed. Might even be able to snag a sneaky second vow, just before the end! msn-wink.gif

Excluding the base, the Sergeant is finished. A model I'm proud of.

Quick, paint his base! Then you will have fully completed your second-ever Space Marine! msn-wink.gif biggrin.png

Shush, you. tongue.png

3 Things Brother

1) I miss your Howling Griffon guy. Now with the deathwatch pad you could finish him. Stick a a studded MKVI pad on his left to allow for the reversed icongraphy.
2) Astral Claw? How dare you.
3) Top quality all plog long.

1) Yeah, I should try that. I've also got a Celestial Lion to paint.

2) I shall repent.

3) Thanks. thumbsup.gif Now get yours going again!

Back to creating perfection once again? Color me excited!

Loving the new Fist. He looks gritty and ready for more. I also like your Astral Claw and I am wondering if you have a basing tutorial or can give out some tips. I really like the base you made for that marine and would like to learn how to make that. I usually just have glue and sand but it looks 'bleh' and I would like something better.

Hah, I wouldn't call it perfection but thanks! smile.png

I'll do a tutorial for the Astral Claw base in the near future!

Nice pose, the MK-IV head goes great with the MK-VIII armour.

Thanks! Glad you like the bits combo!

Sergeant Syth looks good! Now, as Gilbear said, he just needs a base!

Thank you! Yep, will do his base as soon as the ETL is over!

• 2 weeks later...

Getting ready for the IFE IV with Sergeant Maximilian Geiss.

30ArUPA.jpg

Very early WIP but I'm liking him so far. Just need to wait for a Frater's approval to go ahead and get the bits superglue'd.

Anyway, increase in updates to be expected over the coming weeks. :)

Archived