Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dos' Stuff - Imperial Fists combat squad 85% done! [13/09]

Dosjetka Salamanders Chapter Ultramarines Chapter Imperial Fists Chapter Howling Griffons Chapter Castigators Chapter Astral Claws Chapter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
287 replies to this topic

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,490 posts

Welcome back, brother. The Phalanx salutes one of its most vaunted Captains.

tumblr_mzibqjl0mI1tq4of6o1_250.gif

He's looking good, like, really good. Your yellow is absolutely on point, as always, but the weathering is just perfect. I much prefer him to your previous Fist for that exact reason.

Look forward to seeing him finished.

gallery_48988_15465_712.pnggallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,272 posts

What about your ETL Vow ?

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,465 posts

That's a great and proper Imperial Fist there. Weathering is on the heavier side, but I think it suits him well. For an army, this looks like the proper way to go!

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,252 posts
That's pretty!

Check out my commision work on facebook:  https://www.facebook.../DeamonsAtWork/

feel free to shoot me a PM with guestions or with commisions you want to have done smile.png

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg

Soric

Soric

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 246 posts

The IF marine looks like he's been in the thick of the fighting, rolling around in the mud and such. Just needs a suitably muddy base (maybe have the impression of a muddy puddle too). He looks pretty good to me :)

Also you should feel guilty for not painting more annoyingly yellow coloured marines :P

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,540 posts

The first member of Squad Primus, Brother-Sergeant Lachan Syth, is ready for painting at tomorrow's painting session with Lord Thorn (who, by the way, is a filthy heretic).

gallery_45765_7614_138481.png

I'll also try and do a step-by-step tutorial while I paint him. smile.png

You did go a little crazy with the weathering in my opinion, but the yellow looks great.

Thanks! I'm glad that you like the yellow, brother!

Welcome back, brother. The Phalanx salutes one of its most vaunted Captains.

tumblr_mzibqjl0mI1tq4of6o1_250.gif

He's looking good, like, really good. Your yellow is absolutely on point, as always, but the weathering is just perfect. I much prefer him to your previous Fist for that exact reason.

Look forward to seeing him finished.

Why, thank you. blush.png It means a lot, especially since your own Fists helped get me back on the right track. Glad you like him, too!

Not sure he'll ever get finished, but more is on the way!

What about your ETL Vow ?

Working on it, good sir! Have no fear!

That's a great and proper Imperial Fist there. Weathering is on the heavier side, but I think it suits him well. For an army, this looks like the proper way to go!

Thank you, brother!

That's pretty!

Cheers. smile.png

The IF marine looks like he's been in the thick of the fighting, rolling around in the mud and such. Just needs a suitably muddy base (maybe have the impression of a muddy puddle too). He looks pretty good to me smile.png

Also you should feel guilty for not painting more annoyingly yellow coloured marines tongue.png

Not sure about muddy base since it's so very common but perhaps I don't really have the choice, haha. I'll give it some more thought!

And yes, that's what the plan is from now on. tongue.png

tn_gallery_45765_15430_660.pnggallery_26154_15777_7710.pngtn_gallery_45765_11834_1547.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds.

Suffer not the Heretic to live.

Abhor the Typo.

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,437 posts
You go round the Wrekin trying to find "your" Chapter/army, but everyone knows that it is and has always been the Fists msn-wink.gif

I am jealous of that yellow though... laugh.png

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

lionofjudah

lionofjudah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,006 posts
Your back on the Dorn wagon!:):)
Your yellow was an inspiration to me when i first started the fists.
Black undercoat with a grey or white overspray has been my go to. When i do straight white my paint job has that super pop yellow that reminds me of some cartoony stuffs, your yellow is spot on.
Love the mkiii helm on the mkiv plate-
Ibaporeciate your weathering, heavy, without reducing the amount of detail work you've done- the toothbrush splatter is my next trial:)

Edited by lionofjudah, 05 August 2016 - 03:06 PM.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,490 posts

Regarding the whole muddy bases thing, if you do decide you want to go that route,  I've recently had an idea about that. I haven't tested it out yet, so it might not work, but if it works how I think it will, it will be both cheaper and more effective than my current technique. I'll let you know how it goes.

And not completing the last guy? Heresy! I mean, look at him! Aside from some highlights and detail work, he's almost done! It would be a shame to leave him now.

gallery_48988_15465_712.pnggallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,540 posts

Tonight's progress:

gallery_45765_7614_93259.png

He looks a bit more lemon-yellow than he actually is but it's not too bad. And it's late so I'm not going to start faffing around trying to tweak the pictures now.

You go round the Wrekin trying to find "your" Chapter/army, but everyone knows that it is and has always been the Fists msn-wink.gif

I am jealous of that yellow though... laugh.png

Yeah, I've realised that... :blush:

It's pretty easy to do. Will do a tutorial soon!

Your back on the Dorn wagon!smile.pngsmile.png
Your yellow was an inspiration to me when i first started the fists.
Black undercoat with a grey or white overspray has been my go to. When i do straight white my paint job has that super pop yellow that reminds me of some cartoony stuffs, your yellow is spot on.
Love the mkiii helm on the mkiv plate-
Ibaporeciate your weathering, heavy, without reducing the amount of detail work you've done- the toothbrush splatter is my next trial:)

Thanks, lionofjudah! The secret is to wash the whole model to kill that cartoony yellow that you're talking about. It works a charm.

And glad that you'll try something new out! Let me know how it goes. :tu:

Regarding the whole muddy bases thing, if you do decide you want to go that route,  I've recently had an idea about that. I haven't tested it out yet, so it might not work, but if it works how I think it will, it will be both cheaper and more effective than my current technique. I'll let you know how it goes.

And not completing the last guy? Heresy! I mean, look at him! Aside from some highlights and detail work, he's almost done! It would be a shame to leave him now.

Still have to think about those but yeah, definitely let me know how it goes!

Yeah, but the weathering is done... Argh. Maybe.

tn_gallery_45765_15430_660.pnggallery_26154_15777_7710.pngtn_gallery_45765_11834_1547.png

Abhor the Typo.

jimbo13

jimbo13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,016 posts
Fisty goodness!!! Good to see you back on the Phalanx, the pain glove awaits 🙃

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,055 posts

Wow Dos, the fists look amazing! I love the contrast between red and yellow! Staying true to the roots ;)

Open for Miniature and Fluff commissions; inquire via PM

Instagram Handle: count.hodo

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,540 posts
When you're an Imperial Fist at a painting session with other hobbyists, but they're all filthy Iron Warrior traitors...

1tA5U2fh.jpg

The Sergeant is finished, pictures tonight! :)

Abhor the Typo.

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,272 posts

The Yellow Ragamuffin looks GOOD.

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,712 posts

When you're an Imperial Fist at a painting session with other hobbyists, but they're all filthy Iron Warrior traitors...

1tA5U2fh.jpg

The Sergeant is finished, pictures tonight! :)

Rogal Dorn approves of this painting station.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 06 August 2016 - 02:11 PM.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,540 posts

Excluding the base, the Sergeant is finished. A model I'm proud of. :) I hope you all like him, too.

gallery_45765_7614_392688.png

(More pics in the tab below)

Hidden Content

Fisty goodness!!! Good to see you back on the Phalanx, the pain glove awaits

Thanks! Glad to be back. :)

Wow Dos, the fists look amazing! I love the contrast between red and yellow! Staying true to the roots msn-wink.gif

Thank you! And yes, I'm trying to, haha!

The Yellow Ragamuffin looks GOOD.

Thanks! :tu:

*snip*

Rogal Dorn approves of this painting station.

*squeeeeeeee* :D

Abhor the Typo.

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,437 posts
Now, get enough for a squad and a HQ done msn-wink.gif

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,540 posts

As soon as I can get my ETL vow finished, there will be more! :D

Abhor the Typo.

Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

++ ÆDIFICATOR BARBATOS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,403 posts

Excluding the base, the Sergeant is finished. A model I'm proud of.

Quick, paint his base! Then you will have fully completed your second-ever Space Marine! ;)  :D

My Dark Angels 5th Company Painting Log (NB: images are now all fixed!)

The Yak

The Yak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,393 posts
3 Things Brother

1) I miss your Howling Griffon guy. Now with the deathwatch pad you could finish him. Stick a a studded MKVI pad on his left to allow for the reversed icongraphy.
2) Astral Claw? How dare you.
3) Top quality all plog long.

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,117 posts

Back to creating perfection once again? Color me excited!

Loving the new Fist. He looks gritty and ready for more. I also like your Astral Claw and I am wondering if you have a basing tutorial or can give out some tips. I really like the base you made for that marine and would like to learn how to make that. I usually just have glue and sand but it looks 'bleh' and I would like something better.

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,701 posts

Nice pose, the MK-IV head goes great with the MK-VIII armour.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,490 posts

Sergeant Syth looks good! Now, as Gilbear said, he just needs a base!

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,540 posts

On the painting table today:

gallery_45765_12075_613381.png

I'm hoping to get all of these segments done by tonight, meaning that I'll only have the quad autocannon turret, three Servitors, and the Techmarine to finish off for my ETL vow to be completed. Might even be able to snag a sneaky second vow, just before the end! msn-wink.gif

Excluding the base, the Sergeant is finished. A model I'm proud of.

Quick, paint his base! Then you will have fully completed your second-ever Space Marine! msn-wink.gif  biggrin.png

Shush, you. tongue.png

3 Things Brother

1) I miss your Howling Griffon guy. Now with the deathwatch pad you could finish him. Stick a a studded MKVI pad on his left to allow for the reversed icongraphy.
2) Astral Claw? How dare you.
3) Top quality all plog long.

1) Yeah, I should try that. I've also got a Celestial Lion to paint.

2) I shall repent.

3) Thanks. thumbsup.gif Now get yours going again!

Back to creating perfection once again? Color me excited!

Loving the new Fist. He looks gritty and ready for more. I also like your Astral Claw and I am wondering if you have a basing tutorial or can give out some tips. I really like the base you made for that marine and would like to learn how to make that. I usually just have glue and sand but it looks 'bleh' and I would like something better.

Hah, I wouldn't call it perfection but thanks! smile.png

I'll do a tutorial for the Astral Claw base in the near future!

Nice pose, the MK-IV head goes great with the MK-VIII armour.

Thanks! Glad you like the bits combo!

Sergeant Syth looks good! Now, as Gilbear said, he just needs a base!

Thank you! Yep, will do his base as soon as the ETL is over!

Abhor the Typo.

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,540 posts
Getting ready for the IFE IV with Sergeant Maximilian Geiss.

30ArUPA.jpg

Very early WIP but I'm liking him so far. Just need to wait for a Frater's approval to go ahead and get the bits superglue'd.

Anyway, increase in updates to be expected over the coming weeks. :)

Abhor the Typo.