Thanks for the kind words, chaps! I've done the highlights and am calling it a day.

gallery_45765_11678_243502.png

Time to hit the sack and then work on him again tomorrow evening.

Nice stuff Dos.

Thanks, Demus!

Good to hear I'm not the only one who only uses black spray for everything biggrin.png BTW, what colour are you going to use for the lenses?

High five, brother. ;) And I'm following the official scheme so going with green lenses. They stand out nicely.

Fighting back the jealousy within over the fact you've taken two colors I love to hate painting and making it look like child's play.

Yep...fighting back the tears as I look at that Howling Griffon.

I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad... :unsure:

Oh wow this is great stuff, that griffon would definetely look great as part of an army Dos, hint hint.

It would, but that won't happen any time soon. I honestly don't think that I have enough willpower or the right tools to make that a reality. I'd have a squad finished by the end of the year, maybe with a half-finished Rhino. Tops.

OK. The Howling Griffon project has had one of those "crash n' burn" moments. Suffice to say that I have a lot of respect for anyone who can paint the Chapter symbol by hand especially after having tried and failed it three times. Here's the middle of the fourth attempt when I gave up:

gallery_45765_11678_46419.png

My main mistake was probably starting off too small and not having enough room for the details. And I was in a rotten mood which definitely didn't help. Still it was an interesting challenge to paint a quartered scheme.

Anyway, moving on to the next model to get my mind off the last one.

-] The Sons of Dorn - Entry #3 [-

gallery_45765_11678_89561.png

Poll link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/52J8GXJ Voting closed!

Thanks for looking!

furious.gif verymad.gif verymad.gif

:D

Shame the freehand didn't work out sad.png but you nailed the quartered scheme though!

I gotta agree with Slipstreams, the poll was really hard to choose from this time! tongue.png

Yeah, I'm a bit gutted about that. Ah well.

Really that hard? Too many awesome Chapters? :P

Went with celestial lions - interested to see how you do the metallic scheme

Celestial Lions all the way. Let's push your painting boundaries with a gold marine.

Thanks you two! And yeah, I'm also interested to see how I'll tackle the metallic scheme! :lol:

Iron Champions!

You just had to be that guy, didn't you? :P

Archived