Picture-less update but an important one nonetheless.

I have decided that for the sake of completing one project before starting another in its earnest I would finish painting the Salamander squad before moving onto either the Castigator or the five Heresy-era Ultramarines. However I require help with two things:

1) Some Frater have mentioned naming the members of the Salamander squad but so far I have had no success with finding good names for my sons of Nocturne. So, much like Augustus and others, I have decided to let people who pop into this thread to name the five members of the Tactical Squad. First come, first served.
So up for naming we have:

- the Veteran Sergeant in a mix of Mk II, VII and VIII armour (not yet painted) Vestu Ke'tan (The Psycho);
- the helmetless Battle-Brother kneeling and taking aim (painted) Hadreth N'kara (BCK);
- the standing Battle-Brother looking for his next target (painted) Karat Hal'nu (The Observer);
- the Battle-Brother with the squad flamer (not yet painted) Kasis Tel'var (Olis);
- the kneeling Battle-Brother with the empty boltgun, firing off his bolt pistol (not yet painted) Ako Zho'resh (Brother Pheidias).

Please keep in mind that these are 40k Salamanders so please stick with Nocturnian-sounding names. smile.png

2) I really abhor volcano/lava bases for Salamanders that idea has already been thrown out of the window with much gusto. A few people elsewhere have suggested I go with desert-themed bases but I figured I would ask the question here aswell and see what suggestions popped up. So, how do you think I should the bases for my Salamanders?

Now that's out of the way I can crack on with painting. Picture update tomorrow evening at the latest. smile.png

Thanks for looking!

Hmmm I'm no good with salamanders names. But as far as the base goes, I would say either desert, urban or... wait for it... wait for it because it's probably never been done... SNOW! So how about that? Artic conditions, all astartes fight anywhere they are needed.

The only thing I know about Salamanders names is: APOSTROPHES EVERYWHERE!!one! tongue.png

I recently reread the Salamanders painting workshop from the White Dwarf with their Index Astartes, and they mentioned Armageddon as the inspiration for their desert bases. There are still two companies gadding about on that planet to repair the infrastructure and protect the civilians after all.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I managed tonight.

gallery_45765_11772_136174.png

I'm stopping here because my vision's becoming all blurry and my eyes are hurting. But hey, it's progress and I hope to have him finished by Sunday.

Trying to compete with Kizzdougs, are we? tongue.png (pretty much the same pose and gear >_> )

Looking good though!

...except that Kasis has been built and waiting for paint for over a month now, whereas Kizz only started doing his Sallie in the past week, max. So I think it's safe to assume that the opposite is true. ;)

Kasis is looking good, brother. thumbsup.gif

Thanks, glad you like him. Thanks again for the name! :)

Archived