The wolf's call, time has come- HELP NEEDED

"You strive for victory. That is obvious.

What may be less obvious is the nature of victory.

There are circumstances in which you can destroy the enemy utterly,

without loss to your own forces,

and yet the victory may be his.

In all situations, you must first decide on the nature of victory,

and then take steps to secure it.

Avoid the instinct of fight first and think later."

-+-

gallery_79144_11528_19743.jpg

-+-

gallery_79144_11707_19283.jpg

"They say there are no wolves on Fenris... Only fools would believe that."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

gallery_79144_11707_1992.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_14612.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_29043.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_10882.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_18886.jpg

-+- Pic capture of Jaron Ironfeet, during the snowfoul of the blood mountain.

gallery_79144_11707_23516.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_17525.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_42621.jpg

Made some progress on my loyalty and treachery vow, what do you think?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@Sigi: Thanks bro! Dont worry... But my scythes are still nr one on my to do list ;)

@BBSquig: Thx bro!

@Dantay: Sure are ;)

Loving the Angron conversion. Was it hard to do?

Dos this mean you are doing truescale marines?

The dark bronze is lovely and really digging the helms, reminds me of my own ;)

Cracking start. What grey are you using for the armour?

Yai. The wolves who killed the wardens. Always awesome. Especially from you.

Only as mentioned before: Angrowolf is a bit big for a champion;)

Thx! I know I know, ill have fluff on it soon ;)

Loving the Angron conversion. Was it hard to do?

Dos this mean you are doing truescale marines?

The dark bronze is lovely and really digging the helms, reminds me of my own msn-wink.gif

Cracking start. What grey are you using for the armour?

It took me a few hours to do, but it was pretty doable. Only the head was a complete hell to do.

Thanks!

Grey:

Black undercoat, eshin grey drybrush, light zenithal administratum grey drybrush, VERY light drybrush white on upper parts, agrax/nuln 50/50 wash, and then some blacklining the shadows with watered down rhinox hide. Hope it helps!

Mini update, painted a murder hound, ready to acompany him to all the shadows and light spots in the universe:

gallery_79144_11707_27978.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_32961.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_1490.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_28327.jpg

Oh man....

excited to see more although I'm not quite happy with the murder hound.

Do what you want, it is your project but I don't feel comfortable with this demonic hound although it is done very well!

I prefer the classic wolves. tongue.png

Hey people... Update time ;)

-+-Brarkis Goldeye "The Iron thane"

Brarkis is an expectional member of the feared Vlka Fenryka. His size and skill at war making him one of the most feared warriors in the legion.

Brarkis was recruited at the age of 12 great winter, his skill at arms already being one of the best in his clan. His size wal also that of legens, standing the largest of his clan, the local Gothi feared Brarkis might have some kind of illness.

When the Brarkis strode to war against another local clan, he was almost killed, but in the end came out victorious. He beheaded the enemy chieftan and left the body to freeze and rot on the ice.

This action was noted by a passing Vlka Fenryka warrior, noticing the incredible strength and speed of the young warrior.

Brarkis would quickly be introduced into the legion, making it to one of the sub-commanders of the 13th great company in just 100 years.

He now leads over 20 clans of Vlka Fenryka during war, helping out the legendary Bulveye wherever needed. He is a formidable commander, knowing both the strengths and weaknesses of war.

Brarkis is a huge warrior in war, his already large form expended considerably during implantation, his size reaching close to that of one of the smallest primarchs. Some say he is Russ' favoured, yet few know he is Russ' shadow. A dark version of what Russ is, a wind of murder, a wind of destruction. -+-

gallery_79144_11707_375766.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_604102.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_547737.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_481030.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@Squig: Space wolves paint:

Grey:

Black basecoat

eshin drybrush

administratum drybrush

black/brown wash

administratum highlights etc

red:

black

doombull drybrush

50 doombull/50 wild rider red drybrush.

wild rider highlights and battledamage

brown/black wash

@Mikha: Thx bro! I just dont have the money to build that... :/

@Kelborn: Thx man! Dont worry, real wolves will be coming ;)

I can only find one small problem with your extremely well made Angron conversion; he's holding his hammer right at the bottom of the shaft and center of mass is around the hammer's head, meaning it would be far more difficult than it needs to be to even move it around.

See if you can find a broomstick around somewhere, try and hold it out completely still with only one hand on the end, It's really challenging just to hold.

If it's possible at this point in the conversion I would recommend moving his hand up the hammer's shaft.

Other than that small gripe I have, It's perfect.

God, I really Love your Version if Lemam Russ. But wouldn't have a frost blade fitted better ? ;)

Ha ha haaaa, dont worry, I will buy two of the Russ models when he comes out!

And thanks Pallas! I have been considering about the hammer, but ended up keeping it this way, visually it just looks cooler.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Another update! I finnaly decided what force my converted knight Atrapos shall be allied to, and the wolves got my vote. So decals full of wolfiness shall be added soon ;)

gallery_79144_11528_860469.jpggallery_79144_11528_62607.jpg

gallery_79144_11528_60131.jpg

gallery_79144_11528_61922.jpg

Lemme know what you think! Should I change anything? Or should I proceed?

Hm... if he's allied with the Wolves, you could add some themed bits on it, like a crest or something like that reminiscing the VI legion.

Right now, he looks like an adjacted Mechanicum Knight.

*god too early in the morning for writing in english...hope that I wrote something meaningful :P*

"I remember, the city of mirrors.

I remember, the skies of fire.

I remember, the snow bleeding.

I remember, the fall of Prospero.

I remember,

the howl of the wolf."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

gallery_79144_11707_401533.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_326357.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_361849.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_758658.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_31937.jpg

+pic captures of veteran tactical pack "Steelhunt" aproaching an enemy settlement+

Anddddd.... loyalty and treachery vows done ;)
"The birth of a mountain

When Russ battled the Allfather
Fenris itself trembled
The sea was shaken
The earth was torn apart
The sky was dark as night
Isles were given birth
And others died

When the Allfather made the final blow
And Russ fell down
A new Mountain came from below
Spat his rage into the land
Thus, the Brass Mountain was born

Tamed by Russ, to serve his sons
The Brass Mountain comes
Filled with the rage of a god's brawl"

gallery_79144_11707_104705.jpg
gallery_79144_11707_15759.jpg
gallery_79144_11707_40450.jpg
gallery_79144_11707_196851.jpg
gallery_79144_11707_76373.jpg

-+-Bearclaw "uknown"

Bearclaw was to be one of the first troops to be recrtuited from the Fenris system. He was nr. 63 out of a thousand, the gene-therapy was still being perfected in conjunction with the Helix. Bearclaw seemed to be good at first, but his bestuality slowly rised during the progression of the great crusade.

Bearclaw was to dissapear during the war on Prospero, he was a captain of the 13th company, he charged right into the lines of the Thousand Sons. Chasing after them into the realm that lay beyond the portals of the traitors.

Bearclaw became a full Wulven during the war, a bestial creature of rage and anger. Stronger then any line astartes, and faster then even some of the swordsmen of the holy Third.

Bearclaw would appear repeatedly in the warp for the few coming centuries. His rage a beacon of his existance. He inspires many Bloodclaws, his saga a story to be remembered. -+-

-From the stories of the Razing, Siege of Prospero.

gallery_79144_11707_281783.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_359375.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_320052.jpg

gallery_79144_11707_39608.jpg

Oh, he's cool.

Very imposing. Can really imagine him as a wulfen flanked by a whole pack of wulfen, hunting traitors.

Howls like thunder

close at hand

there comes the wulfen

to save the land

Lead by Bearclaw

the ancient one

tall like a mountain

to get the work done

THe Typhon looks ace!!, I really love the damage and weathering on it. Really looks like it has been in the wars.

I like bearclaw but feel the hair/fur, needs a little more texture.

"The Ice Devils"

-+-The Ice Devils are one of the few auxilia human regiments recruited from the Fenris system. They number a considerable number of wargroups (Wich they call "ice spears"). All of wich are well seasoned and well trained in the ways of war.

The Ice Devils are seen as feral or even degenerating allies, shunned and distrusted. They are almost exclusively used by the Vlka Fenryka.

The regiments are well armed and supplied, always prepared for a large siege or heavy trench warfare.
The tactics used by the Ice Devils can be traced back to the Bart and Starm clans of Fenris. Using large streams of soldiers to track and hunt down large animals, or to completly pin the enemy down to one place. Ready to be destroyed by either guns or barrages of artillery.

The Ice Devils do have some recorded trouble with feral units. Some of their close combat Ogryns or human units displaying small mutations, mostly in the lengthening of hair and sharpening of senses. Many think this might be because of the close companionship with the famed Vlka Fenryka. The Ice Devils only seem to enjoy these mutations, putting them to good use in front-line placement.

Many different patterns of armor are used by the units of the Ice Devils, the armor being produced over the whole of the Imperium, not a single unit is completely alike. Many individuals also sport fur-cloacks and other tribal markings on their armor. Most of the soldiers also sport many tattoos, swirling lines and dots covering their whole body.

The Ice Devils specialize mostly into siege and hunt warfare, favouring the use of massed vehicle squardons.

The Ice Devils are seen on both sides during the Horus Heresy. A large part of the regiments commiting themselves to Horus together with a number of Wargroups of Vlka Fenryka.

Many of these traitors spotted more and stronger mutations, bordering on the edge of mutant. These traitors would later be singled out and executed during the long years of the Scouring.-+-

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
gallery_79144_11707_550227.jpg

+Pic capture of tech priest (x01-45Z) "Johanar Ironborn", part of the third war group+

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-+-Jotun the Michaellian "god writer"

Jotun's history has been shrouded in mystery. No Skjald or Remembrancer has ever dared to use their tongue to utter the name of this dark and shrouded warrior.

Jotun has been known to utter random verses and poems during warfare. His dark form moving with blurred speed, his krakenbone scythe slashing through seas of foes. All backed up by a dark hymn of verses, his fellow warriors respect Jotun immensely. All fearing the wrath of the God Writed-+~
-From the stories of Brandar, during the feast of a million fangs.

gallery_79144_11707_377422.jpg
gallery_79144_11707_707429.jpg

Stakim "Bloodwolf". Primus Medicea of the 13th great company.

gallery_79144_11707_83484.jpg

Jotun! Jotun!

Love your models. They are so unique, every bit of them is just screaming: "Hey you! Yeah, you! You ugly, giant son of an Ogryn! Wanna mess with me? We may be small but we know how to kill ya in 300 ways! Wanna find out?!"

Archived